Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2011, 06:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Talk to me about Make-Up

Is there a part of your daily "make-up" routine that you really dislike?

For the past 8 or so years, I have worn very minimal make-up. Quite often no eye make-up (except for a little shadow maybe). But since I've started working outside the home, I've worn (eye) make-up everyday.

I hate applying the mascara. I need it, but hate putting it on. I'm using a mascara from Maybelline, because it's the only one that I've found goes on thick, but doesn't clump.
I hate having the wand near my eyeballs and I hate feeling like there's something in my eye. I also hate having to take a q-tip after the application to wipe off the stuff that's landed on my eyelids.

What works or doesn't work for you?
Old 10-27-2011, 06:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

dislike... all of it... I hate putting on makeup - I just can't seem to put it on that I think looks natural - so I rarely put on makeup...
Old 10-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

HATE blending foundation. And I can NEVER seem to buy the right color. I'm with you on the mascara too. necessary evil.

kit used for siggie "Kona Coast" by Julie Billingsley
Old 10-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love putting on make-up! But, only wear it when I go out, so 3 times a week or so.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Smile

I spend about 3 or 4 minutes per day to put on makeup - I really can't be bothered to spend more time than that, lol. If I skip it, I have fair skin and circles under my eyes show up, and a few blemishes, it's not pretty, so I usually wear it, at least 5 days a week.

I use the Bare Escentials Mineral line and it's ah-mazing. It's so gentle on my sensitive skin and it's very natural and light. You can even wear it in the hot summer heat and not have it melt off. LOVE it!

Public Relations for www.digitalscrapper.com
(Photoshop & PSE digital scrapbook training)
Old 10-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

I hate makeup, but as I get older and my face even more red and blotchy..I put it on for church and that time of the month. I hate having to wear anything on my face.

So I use a mineral base to touch up the blemishes and then as a powder over everything..and a little blush to help the under eye that is so white compared to my red cheeks (yep, weird, but it works for me).

I hate having to take it off, and most times just forget by the end of the night.

Blech. lol
Old 10-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to haydensmommy217

I absolutely hate wearing make up but if i have to like if i am going some where i will usually wear foundation and eye makeup ( shadow and mascara) i wish i could put on eyeliner with out looking like a raccoon. then lip gloss.

Proudly Creating For:
Amanda Yi, Becca Bonneville, Digilicious Designs, Jady Day Studio, Lliella Designs, Meghan Mullens, and Miss Fish.
I have guested for Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Traci Reed, and Krystal Hartley.

♥♥Facebook♥♥Pinterest♥♥Gallery♥♥
Old 10-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I rarely wear makeup. I work at home and a few days a week I never actually see the "public." I might leave the house to drop Cheyanne off at practice or pick her up but that's it. I don't even bother with it to go to the market. I wear a bit if I'm going to a social function at school or out somewhere, but that's about it.

Basketball season has started though, so I'll be wearing it on game days because I'll be in public and under flourescent lights. During soccer and softball I don't bother because I have sunglasses on and no one can see my eyes anyway.

Nothing about it bothers me I guess. I've never had a problem with mascara and have always used L'Oreal mascara - Lash Out I think it is. I use mineral makeup as a base and I've been blessed to not have undereye circles. At 48 though I'm starting to see a few fine lines and the mineral makeup works for now. I use a quick swipe of bronzer all over, maybe a quick swipe of eyeliner and a neutral shade of brown for eye shadow, mascara, and chapstick.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

foundation is the pits. i just don't like putting it on or wearing it. i have gone back to it a few times over the years to see if i've changed my mind. my last go was last summer with the mineral makeup stuff, but even with the primer and such, it looked bad on me:

see...this isn't oversharpened...it's just how the makeup looks

this is me with zero makeup (i think my lips are permanently stained from using lipfinity lip color for so many years) but you can see that while my skin doesn't have the smoothest skin tone, it's better than that powder business

and this is me with my normal makeup...it's video so you can see it unedited...i just do eye liner, mascara, and lip color
Old 10-27-2011, 09:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Huh, guess I'm different... I love makeup. I only spend about five minutes putting it on. But, I wear it every day. I don't leave the house without it. I don't play around with it, though, it's the same day in and day out. I always wear mascara but can do without eyeliner and eyeshadow. I don't feel like I have mastered how to put the eyeshadow on, even though the pictures make it look easy. lol I rarely wear lipstick, but love lip gloss.

I am very happy with my current foundation - Mary Kay timewise, matte-wear liquid foundation. I wear a bit of their sheer pressed powder over the top, and I think it looks great. The amount of coverage I want, but it doesn't look caked on at all.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I am very happy with my current foundation - Mary Kay timewise, matte-wear liquid foundation. I wear a bit of their sheer pressed powder over the top, and I think it looks great.
This is what I do. Plus, I use a little blush and that's it. I don't do eye make up. It's always bothered my contact lenses. I very occasionally wear a little pencil eye-liner, but mostly just for nights out.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wear a little makeup everyday, otherwise, I just don't have any color in my face!. I used to hate eyeshadow until I found a 3-in-1 product. One swipe of that nifty curved brush and viola! lookin' good!

I've always used a Neutrogena mascara and a little blush. Never wear lipstick. Just clear lip gloss.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:57 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I work outside the home, so make-up is a must, but I got for as minimal as I can (5 minutes tops)...light foundation, blush, mascara, and a gloss. I don't even know why I bother with the latter, it's off within 30 minutes of drinking my morning coffee. The only thing I wish I was better at was eyeliner. 34 years old and still haven't figured that one out
Old 10-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

i hate blending foundation. i'm normally a bare essentuals girl, but i ran out. and haven't gotten more (it's on the list for the weekend). so i've been back to drugstore brands, and i have yet to find the correct color. other than that? i love makeup. i don't wear it every day, mostly cause i tend to oversleep. and my routine is like, 25 minutes. so yeah. if i have to be at school in a 30 minutes? no makeup. a shower, brush my hair, brush my teeth, and go. /lazy college student.

but when i do actually do the full thing? i have fun (: like today. did an eye 50's winged liner. very audrey hepburn and today, in class, three people told me i looked pretty. which made me feel better. it's been a crazy few weeks.

BACK TO MASCARA. my favorite mascara is actually from avon. it doesn't get clumpy, and it doesn't feel heavy. it's their "super extend" mascara. i also love bare essentials' mascara, but that one is heavier. i wear it if i'm going out out.

Last edited by color of my heart; 10-28-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I join the "I love doing make-up" crowd. I wear it to work, normally I don't wear it during weekends. My routine is about 5 - 10 minutes including eye shadows.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
I work outside the home, so make-up is a must, but I got for as minimal as I can (5 minutes tops)...light foundation, blush, mascara, and a gloss. I don't even know why I bother with the latter, it's off within 30 minutes of drinking my morning coffee. The only thing I wish I was better at was eyeliner. 34 years old and still haven't figured that one out
I'm 35 and I haven't figured it out either. :-)