Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-29-2019, 01:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Facts 11/29

Wow...it's almost December. How does time fly by so fast? So today's questions are all about this month, November.
  1. What was a good thing that happened this month?
  2. What was a lesson you learned or new info you attained?
  3. Did you get outdoors, go to any events?
  4. What was a favorite entertainment-wise i.e. books, movies, tv, etc?
Old 11-29-2019, 01:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What was a good thing that happened this month?
Bailey got moved into what seems to be an amazing care home and is closer than any of the facilities she was previously in we can visit more often. I am so thankful for this.

What was a lesson you learned or new info you attained?
I learned that if I sit quietly in the garden I can get the birds/squirrels to come fairly close to me and I am getting much more interesting photos compared to the ones I was taking previously of them on the porch feeders and railing.

Did you get outdoors, go to any events?
We went to see Malicifent at the movies with Bailey and we all loved it. I also enjoyed a large bag of popcorn too (haven't had movie theatre popcorn in a looong time since I generally eat low carb) and really enjoyed that treat.

What was a favorite entertainment-wise i.e. books, movies, tv, etc?
Books - Not Her Daughter by Rea Frey
TV - binge watched Four Wedding And A Funeral and loved it so much. Great characters and such a fun rom-com limited series (based on the book).
Old 11-29-2019, 02:14 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

My Daughter got married on top of a mountain in Tahoe and it was amazing, my husband married them!!!
Learned about the history & mythology of the Hawaiian Islands, Learned that huli huli chicken comes from the term to turn or curl hence rotisserie. Also its really tasty.
Went to my first Luau in Maui and spent an entire week outside hiking to waterfalls & beautiful beaches.
Read the Book Woman of Troublesome Creek & loved it, also catching up on my favorite series on Masterpiece Theatre, Poldark!!
This whole month has been full of amazing happenings!
Old 11-29-2019, 08:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

What was a good thing that happened this month? I was observed by our principal who taught the class I'm teaching last year. I was super nervous, but the lesson went really well and her evaluation was positive.

What was a lesson you learned or new info you attained? I hate Thanksgiving.
Did you get outdoors, go to any events? My son has soccer games on Saturday mornings now, so every Saturday morning found me at the soccer field.
What was a favorite entertainment-wise i.e. books, movies, tv, etc? I finished Modern Family & started Once Upon A Time. I didn't even make it through the first season of OUAT; it's too soap opera for me. I've started watching Grimm, but I'd really rather watch something funny.
Old 11-29-2019, 08:48 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
[B]
What was a lesson you learned or new info you attained? I hate Thanksgiving.

you kill me. lol
Old 11-30-2019, 01:35 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Man it went by so fast... um... my daughter started a pitching academy & is loving it? We're all so busy I feel like we were just sorta on autopilot for most of November...

I'm still learning to say "no" when people want me to bake them cupcakes, or volunteer. I actually said NO to one of my neighbors because I JUST DONT have time to make her son's cupcakes who shares a bday with ME on sunday! lol

We've been to a lot of Spokane Chiefs Hockey games, since we are billeting a player. His girlfriend visited from Winnipeg for a few days- that was fun. My son's 8u hockey games started this month too- those are always fun- and SO different from the big boys!

Hmm. Just catching up on dvr shows- I did finish reading Where the Crawdad's Sing- that was a great book! Of course, our kids & dog are always entertaining!
Old 11-30-2019, 01:56 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

What was a good thing that happened this month? A good thing that happened to my daughter: she was the student speaker at the Veteran's Day Assembly. This normally very quiet extremely reserved (at school) 8 year old got up in front of 700 students, 50 veterans, 75 staff and countless parents and spoke with confidence and poise. My heart was bursting with pride.
What was a lesson you learned or new info you attained? I taught an art lesson on wire working this month - totally new medium for me and the students. I learned a lot! And will be revamping that lesson after learning what worked and what didn't lol!
Did you get outdoors, go to any events? Yes! We went to the Peshastin Pinnacles State Park - it was an awesome hike! and we got to see the larch trees.

What was a favorite entertainment-wise i.e. books, movies, tv, etc? Disney+ our whole family has been binge watching classics and The Mandalorian and rewatching Frozen before we went out to Frozen 2 for the holiday weekend.