Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

Old 02-14-2014, 07:34 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm
Default I think this is the first valentine's in a long time i'm not going out..

I used to just go out with connor to somewhere cheap-- like applebee's ahahha (god save me that that kid loves that place).. and i've had a few valentine's "dates" over the years.. but not this year. BF wanted to go somewhere fancy.. and tried to make reservations 2 days before- LOL that was a definite no go I told him i'd prefer to go out this weekend anyway when it wasn't such a barf fest

So we're hanging out at home tonight.. I'm cooking some filet mignon and mashed tatters & some peppers/onions. Anyone else in for the evening? I kinda feel like I'm getting too old and bitter for valentine's day anyway
Old 02-14-2014, 07:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We aren't going out either. I'd rather order in...sit in my jammies...maybe have an Angry Orchard or two...nothing wrong with that.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:22 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

I'm sick! I'm making crock pot chicken cordon bleu and mashed potatoes.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:24 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

We are in for the night too - grilled ny strip steaks, baked potatoes & roasted veggies for 4 - now we're on the couch watching Wreck it Ralph. Party animals for sure!
Old 02-14-2014, 08:41 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I can't stand going out for valentines day! LOL! Darcy is working and won't be home till 8pm anyways. The kids and I are making mini pizzas for dinner
Old 02-14-2014, 08:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

we are going to go out for dinner but something fast foodish. The kids are dying to go spend some of their money at TRU so we may go there too. Nothing romantical by any stretch.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We went to a Mexican place right at 5, before it got busy. My husband, my daughters and I. Not very romantic and honestly, I was just craving Mexican.

Stopped and got Sonic cranberrry limeade on the way home. Now that's special.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We never go out on valentines. I get frustrated with how crowded it is and waiting in lines. I usually just cook a "special" meal for us here at home. Tonight that was not the case though....I just made spaghetti. LOL My little guys loved it. My hubby is home sick from work. So nothing romantic going on around here either. It doesn't bother me though. I have never been a big V-day girl. We didn't get each other gifts or cards either. We never do. I am totally okay with that.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We never go out on an actual holiday or special occasion. We don't have any local family to babysit, and we've never been comfortable leaving my autistic DS with young babysitters he doesn't know well, especially when they'd also have the other 2 kids. In general it doesn't bother me to stay home, and when my parents are in town they always watch the kids one night so we can get out. So tonight DH and I just ate a regular dinner, and once the kids are asleep we'll watch a movie or something. He brought me flowers, and I gave him an iTunes gift card.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We normally love going out for dinner on Valentine's Day, but we just got home from one of our favorite restaurants (Melting Pot) and we weren't impressed. We loved the place in Detroit, but the two here in Tampa/St. Pete aren't as good. It was OK, but not even close to worth the inflated price (double the normal price for the same meal) or the craziness on the roads.

We went to St. Pete tonight and saw two car accidents on the drive there and a 5-car accident on the way home. People get a bit crazy and with Spring Break season starting, it's pretty rough out there on the roads. We're glad to be home and in for the night.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

The last couple of years we've had a fancy dinner at home (dress nicely and bring out the china and serve steak and lobster) ... I'm about ready to start cooking in a minute. We are headed off to Hawaii tomorrow, so we wanted to be low key tonight since we'll be eating out so much over the next week.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We ate at Ruby Tuesday's with my parents. Not the double date I dreamed about at 16, but it totally makes me happy at 36, especially since they paid, lol.

Our church did Kids Night Out tonight from 6-10, adn when we went to pick the boys up at 8, they were NOT ready to go home. And we're so old by now that staying up till 10 sounds like the pits!
Old 02-14-2014, 11:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We usually don't go out on valentines either... However hubby is on a hotel point hunt and we are spending the night at a hotel 3 miles from home... Haha it's nice ... We just spent time in the pool and now chillin in the room, watching the Olympics.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

DH spent the entire day sleeping.

DD spent the day at preschool & then the ILs'. I spent 2h15m (instead of the normal 50m round trip) fetching her in the middle of a snowstorm/unplowed road nightmare. Never driven 35 on the interstate before & had to keep the vent on ice cold to keep the car from fogging up. Skidded through a half dozen intersections. Good times.

I brought Wendy's home for dinner & we watched half of the new 'The Lorax' before DD went to bed.

DH and I are now on computers facing one another with earplugs in listening to different Spotify/Pandora stations.

His first 'romantic gesture' of the day was to half-heartedly volunteer abt 20 minutes ago to run out to CVS to get us both a chocolate snack.

The romance up in here is SIZZLIN', baby.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The only thing romantic around here. Is me not having to cook (ordering pizza & hotwings *hubs can't eat beef or pork) and hoping the kids fall asleep before we do, so that we can spice up the bedroom...
Old 02-15-2014, 05:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We never go out. We got takeout delivered and watched a movie and played video games lol
Old 02-15-2014, 12:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We took the kids out to see the Lego movie. We hardly ever see movies in the theater and really enjoyed the movie.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:02 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to coopert

We don't celebrate Valentine's Day, so nothing special at our house last night.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:13 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't think we've ever gone out for Valentine's Day. Hubby has brought home a heart-shaped pizza for the past 10 years and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

haha we just stayed home. and beyond that... we didn't do a single thing and ended up going to bed 2 hours early, haha!