Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-01-2019, 01:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Facts 11/01

Today is the first day of November and its when I start to get into holiday mode. I love this time of year, as I start to think about the upcoming holidays. So today, the questions are all about "first".
  1. Can you remember what intimidated or mystified you when you first started scrapbooking?
  2. What is the first thing you think of when I mention Christmas is coming.
  3. Do you remember your first car?
  4. Where you first in line for anything?
Old 11-01-2019, 01:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Can you remember what intimidated or mystified you when you first started scrapbooking?
I can remember being puzzled about putting together a cluster. I was really stumped about how to start it, what goes where, what size does it need to be. It took me quite awhile to feel comfortable with it and now it is my fave thing to put together on a page. Sometimes we make things more difficult than they need to be, once I relaxed and just started experimenting, it happened so easily and then I wondered what I had been stressed about

What is the first thing you think of when I mention Christmas is coming.
I think of food. I want to do some family baking and will have my granddaughter over to help me which is pretty amazing b/c she's been hospitalized for almost 2 yrs and although she won't be able to do too much, she can help a bit and that is pretty spectacular. I can't wait.

Do you remember your first car?
I had a little orange car, I forget what kind, but maybe a toyota. It was a standard shift and sometimes I would stall it while waiting at an intersection. Fun times LOL.

Where you first in line for anything?
Last week I had to go to Service Canada (applied for early pension since I don't contribute to it, being self employed). There was no line-up and I was first. The clerk said that never happens LOL. The wait time is generally 30-60 minutes.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Can you remember what intimidated or mystified you when you first started scrapbooking? It's the 'shadow' on elements and the way they looked like literally floating on the layouts. I studied nd read a lot of tutorials usin photoshop back when I was still using cs, before I made my first layout, on how to make those shadows because when I was still doing the paper scrapbooking, I was not bothered by the way I have to put elements on my layout, the way I have to make beautiful clusters, because (a.) It's only my family and I that will look at the album (of my layouts) and some friends ocassionally; and (b.) The stickers or printed elements I use were either already a cluster or I will just simply put one flower or two themed elements. So when I saw some digital layouts, I was really overwhelmed at how beautiful a cluster is or a stack or papers with shadow looked like.

What is the first thing you think of when I mention Christmas is coming? I think of the midnight of December 25. It has been an old tradition in my family to wake up at 12 midnight to pray and thank God for Jesus' birth, then kissing and hugging, then distribution and opening of gifts, taking photos, then eating our noche buena. Just thinking about it brings so much memories of my parents and siblings and my childhood.

Do you remember your first car? The only time I had a car was when my husband and I bought one. In the Philippines, it's not really a norm for teenagers to buy a car (new or used), and loan isn't really a thing in the Philippines unless you have a permanent, stable job, because people there can get away without paying their debt and there's no way to track people with debt before.

Where you first in line for anything? In my elementary days, I was always first in line because of my last name. But most of the time I am, like in some lines because I wanted to be early, I have this thinking that if I am early then there will not be a long line yet.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Can you remember what intimidated or mystified you when you first started scrapbooking?
I can remember being puzzled about putting together a cluster. I was really stumped about how to start it, what goes where, what size does it need to be. It took me quite awhile to feel comfortable with it and now it is my fave thing to put together on a page. Sometimes we make things more difficult than they need to be, once I relaxed and just started experimenting, it happened so easily and then I wondered what I had been stressed about
Yes clusters were such a mystery and seemed like a magic spell I couldn't master

Old 11-01-2019, 05:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. Can you remember what intimidated or mystified you when you first started scrapbooking?
Clusters and Shadows

2. What is the first thing you think of when I mention Christmas is coming.
Money and Egg Nog

3. Do you remember your first car?
Pontiac Fiero

4. Where you first in line for anything?
Hmmm? Do new releases count? I'm always waiting for 6pm est so I can check my email for the SSD Newsletter

Old 11-01-2019, 06:40 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

How good everyone else seemed to be compared to me.
What is the first thing you think of when I mention Christmas is coming.
Having to buy presents for six kids and how I said last year that I wasn't waiting until the last minute to shop and how I should really listen to myself.
An old beaten down early 90s white minivan.
Were you first in line for anything?
Um... I don't thinks so?

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 11-01-2019, 08:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was using iScrapbook when I first started scrapping, so templates were not an option. I remember thinking they were magical when I switched to PSE!

What is the first thing you think of when I mention Christmas is coming
My kids coming home and wondering how we're going to hide presents this year.

Of course! It was 1985 and I had a '74 VW Super Beetle. It was orange, dubbed the pumpkin by my friends.

Where you first in line for anything?
Not that I can recall!
Old 11-01-2019, 09:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Can you remember what intimidated or mystified you when you first started scrapbooking? Shadowing, for sure! I was so eager to learn PS, I poured through tutorial after tutorial (and back then there were far less of them).
What is the first thing you think of when I mention Christmas is coming.My birthday is on Christmas, so that comes to mind, also I think of having a holiday spirit
Do you remember your first car? Silver Honda Civic (CRX)
Where you first in line for anything? I know I have been, but can't tell you what for. Probably the last thing was a grocery store line, lol.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Can you remember what intimidated or mystified you when you first started scrapbooking? Digital scrapping - the first thing they intimidated me was photoshop. I had never used it and taught myself. I fumbled around a lot before I got pretty good.

What is the first thing you think of when I mention Christmas is coming. First thought, STRESS! Christmas always stresses me out! Too many expectations.

Do you remember your first car? My first car was a yellow ‘74 Dodge Colt. I loved that it was my favorite color and that it was from my birth year. I never got to drive it though. My uncle offered to fix it up for me and then never gave it back.

Where you first in line for anything? We’ve been first in line at the drive in a few times. We’ve also been first in line for our kids’ activities a lot.