Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-24-2021, 02:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Printer recommendation?

This is our second printer and we are never satisfied with it. We don't print very often but when we want to print school forms or just basic text it fails. We just bought a new cartridge maybe a month ago and it's already not working anymore after printing only once or twice with it. It is a very small printer but we don't see buying a fancy one since we only print mostly text/ black ink.

What do you love?
Old 02-24-2021, 03:01 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

That is super frustrating! We have had HP printers for ages, but I had gotten frustrated with them always losing connection to my laptop and the expensive cartridges. I bought an Epson ET-3750. It wasn't cheap, but I have yet to have to buy any ink for it and have had it over 2 years. Prints color/black & white, fine, scans fine and doesn't give me any trouble. It's been worth the price.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephc777 View Post
That is super frustrating! We have had HP printers for ages, but I had gotten frustrated with them always losing connection to my laptop and the expensive cartridges. I bought an Epson ET-3750. It wasn't cheap, but I have yet to have to buy any ink for it and have had it over 2 years. Prints color/black & white, fine, scans fine and doesn't give me any trouble. It's been worth the price.
2 years worth of ink?? How is that possible?
Old 02-24-2021, 05:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a laser printer. It's a workhorse. I print mostly for quilting so I wanted something that could handle that when I did but it also prints pretty good for scrapping stuff and of course regular documents. Our current one is a brother and I just started getting toner low messages after nearly 4 years.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
2 years worth of ink?? How is that possible?
It came with enough ink to fill each reservoir (black, cyan, magenta & yellow) the first time and with a second additional set (just used the 2nd bottle of black because we printed our Christmas letter for 2020 - it was 2 sided - made about 100 copies). Super happy!
Old 02-25-2021, 02:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephc777 View Post
It came with enough ink to fill each reservoir (black, cyan, magenta & yellow) the first time and with a second additional set (just used the 2nd bottle of black because we printed our Christmas letter for 2020 - it was 2 sided - made about 100 copies). Super happy!
Wow that's really cool! And I understand now that you can refill them yourself. I thought it was 2 years' worth of ink in their own cartridge. But still! That seems like a good deal!
Old 02-25-2021, 02:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverendingJen View Post
I have a laser printer. It's a workhorse. I print mostly for quilting so I wanted something that could handle that when I did but it also prints pretty good for scrapping stuff and of course regular documents. Our current one is a brother and I just started getting toner low messages after nearly 4 years.
That's awesome! I probably don't need something that fancy.
Old 02-25-2021, 03:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a Brother laser printer and I love it. It also copies. I've had it about 4-5 years and have only had to buy 1 printer cartridge. The toner cartridge is less than all those colors inkjet cartridges used to be. I don't miss that ink mess at all.
Old 02-25-2021, 03:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
I have a Brother laser printer and I love it. It also copies. I've had it about 4-5 years and have only had to buy 1 printer cartridge. The toner cartridge is less than all those colors inkjet cartridges used to be. I don't miss that ink mess at all.
Good to know! I don't even know the difference between toner/cartridge... whatever they are. lol I'll look it up.
Old 02-25-2021, 04:49 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I love HP's Instant Ink program ($1/month for 15 prints, I fluctuate between the $3/mo for 50 and $5/mo for 100, based on how much I think I'll need-- it's easy to switch back and forth). You're also allowed to rollover some of the prints- so if you pay for 15 a month and only print 8, you don't lose the other 7, they'll roll over for the next month. HP sends new ink cartridges when your printer sends them the message that you're running low & sends you a postage-paid envelope to mail back the used cartridges for recycling.
You need an HP Instant Ink compatible printer, I have the OfficeJet 5525, but there are probably cheaper models with fewer features that work.

I love it because I feel free to print whatever, whenever, haha. If my kids want a map or a coloring sheet, or to print a picture to send to a friend, I just let them. Pre-instant-ink, I was so concerned about "wasting ink" that half the time, the ink was dry when I actually decided to print, LOL...so it was wasted anyway.

When I signed up, it was free for the first 2 months and then I used my mom's referral link & I got a 3rd free month. I signed up with the 300 prints per month package and printed 900 pages for free (which was super handy as I had just started teaching preschool, so printed half-a-year's worth of materials), then I bumped my package down to 50/month
If you decide to do Instant Ink, you can use this link for a free month (and I'd get a free month too) but if you don't want to use the link, it's okay... the great things I've said about it are true whether I get an extra free month or not
http://try.hpinstantink.com/sBnlH

Last edited by knittingbec; 02-25-2021 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
I love HP's Instant Ink program ($1/month for 15 prints, I fluctuate between the $3/mo for 50 and $5/mo for 100, based on how much I think I'll need-- it's easy to switch back and forth). You're also allowed to rollover some of the prints- so if you pay for 15 a month and only print 8, you don't lose the other 7, they'll roll over for the next month. HP sends new ink cartridges when your printer sends them the message that you're running low & sends you a postage-paid envelope to mail back the used cartridges for recycling.
You need an HP Instant Ink compatible printer, I have the OfficeJet 5525, but there are probably cheaper models with fewer features that work.

I love it because I feel free to print whatever, whenever, haha. If my kids want a map or a coloring sheet, or to print a picture to send to a friend, I just let them. Pre-instant-ink, I was so concerned about "wasting ink" that half the time, the ink was dry when I actually decided to print, LOL...so it was wasted anyway.

When I signed up, it was free for the first 2 months and then I used my mom's referral link & I got a 3rd free month. I signed up with the 300 prints per month package and printed 900 pages for free (which was super handy as I had just started teaching preschool, so printed half-a-year's worth of materials), then I bumped my package down to 50/month
If you decide to do Instant Ink, you can use this link for a free month (and I'd get a free month too) but if you don't want to use the link, it's okay... the great things I've said about it are true whether I get an extra free month or not
Thanks Rebecca. Our printer is actually compatible with this program so we could just keep the crappy one we have and use this. I'll talk to my husband and we will see what we decide. Thank you!
Old 02-25-2021, 08:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just bought this one ; Canon Pixma TS5352

Old 02-26-2021, 11:17 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I recommend using dry ink printers. If you rarely print, this avoids the ink drying in the printer head (as with liquid ink). Brand to choose from. The most reliable, in my opinion, is Epson.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:50 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post

I used your code to sign up. I think it worked but am not sure. Thank you