Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2010, 05:52 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Question for someone thats read the Sookie Stackhouse series???

So, im reading i think about the 6th book in the series...dead...something or other. lol. Its the one where she first starts dating Quinn???

Anyway, the storyline is going on about her cousin Hadley being murdered, then the murderer being murdered in front of her....When did this happen?? I feel like i may have missed a book! Can someone jog my memory or fill me in on what happened?

Its been awhile since i read the early books, and ive watched two series of true blood in between and i think im confusing it all in my head. lol
Old 05-25-2010, 06:56 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

You didn't miss anything. That was just kindof thrown in. I think it might be mentioned (or at least Hadley is) in one of the short stories, but I haven't read those. That's a good book though; I love Quinn.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:31 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovi_girl View Post
So, im reading i think about the 6th book in the series...dead...something or other. lol. Its the one where she first starts dating Quinn???

Anyway, the storyline is going on about her cousin Hadley being murdered, then the murderer being murdered in front of her....When did this happen?? I feel like i may have missed a book! Can someone jog my memory or fill me in on what happened?

Its been awhile since i read the early books, and ive watched two series of true blood in between and i think im confusing it all in my head. lol
It was mentioned in another book that is a compilation of authors and short stories...The book is called Bite, but for the life of me I can't find it around here to tell you who all the authors are...haha!
Old 05-25-2010, 08:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

In the early books it mentions that she has a cousin she's estranged from and something about the cousin being lost to drugs, but that's it.

All of the Sookie short stories were reeleased last year in 1 book called A Touch of Dead. I'm about to start that one and then the newest. Good to know the Hadley story is told there.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i thought i missed a book too when i read that. then later found out its in a book of short stories. don't know what its called. but it does talk about Hadley in previous books a little bit.

and since the show isn't exactly like the books, its best to consider them too different entities, lol. the tv show has a lot of similarities with the books but Alan Ball is sort of using them as a jumping off point i think. sometimes i wish some things were just like the book, but then again its nice to be surprised.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

ahhh, I love Quinn. I think I need to reead this series.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Yep, what they said LOL. It's in the short stories.

Just adding that I'm about to die of anticipation for the new True Blood season!!!

::Also creating for::
The Artisan Notebook, The Lilypad, Shabby Pickle Designs, MScraps, Polly & Rufus, Joyce Paul, Busy Bee Designs and Tiny Toes Designs
Old 05-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Touch of Dead is great because it shows some stories that weren't told during some of the other novels. Great read, but too short for my liking! LOL
Old 05-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I read the first 9 books plus A Touch of Dead in about a week (maybe two I can't remember for sure) so I could read the short stories in the correct order of where they fall in with the regular books. It was nice that Charlaine had the info at the beginning of the book so you know when each story takes place. For some reason I just can't read books in a series out of order even the short stories, it really bothers me lol!

I think my fave book of the entire series is #4 Dead to the World, I could probably read that one again! It took me about a day to finish Dead in the Family when it came out so now I'm dying for my Sookie/Eric fix, Charlaine needs to get busy and get the next book done lol!!
Old 05-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

OMG, when I read that one, I spent a long time thinking I had read the books out of order! It was so confusing. lol It was just so random. BTW, I lurve Quinn, nearly as much as Eric.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Well that makes a whole heap more sense now lol! I remembered Hadley being mentioned, but not this whole thing with her being a vampire and what not. You have no idea how much it was bugging me to not be able to work out what id missed lol. Thanks everyone.