Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default OK, this is really strange...

My SLR broke a few weeks back, and I took it to a local camera repair place just to see if it was a quick fix. They determined that it wasn't a card or battery issue, which I knew already, but whatever. So I ended up contacting Canon a few weeks ago to arrange for repairs.

It had been just sitting around for a few weeks, until I got a chance to pack it all up. So before sealing the box just a few minutes ago, I decided to just put the battery in with the slim chance that it suddenly would work. It started right up and is working perfectly! It's the strangest thing! I'm not complaining of course, but am just really baffled.

I'm keeping my repair order, just in case.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

yeah mine decided to act up one day on our trip...suddenly 1/2 of the picture was normal and the bottom half of the picture was very dark .... like the flash lit up the top half of the picture and the other half was in the shade... turn off and on...remove battery ... off and on ... off ... remove memory card...on ... off...sat for about 30 minutes...powered on and worked fine from then on out. I wonder if I will have future problems with it???
Old 06-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to coopert

What camera is it? And is it still under warranty? I had a 40d that had issues and stopped working while my husband and I were on a weekend away. Then it worked for a short time, but stopped working again. I ended up trading it in to Canon for a 50d for around $500, because Canon's minimum repair charge is $180 if it is no longer under warranty.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's an XTi, and it's no longer under warranty. I had planned on needing to replace it once Canon gave me the repair estimate. Anything more than a few hundred dollars isn't even worth repairing. In that case I'd just keep the lenses I have and buy a new body.

We'll see how long the spontaneous recovery lasts.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to coopert

It is probably something different than I experienced with mine. I know the XTI is a good camera, but from my research there were a lot of issues with the 40d. If it does break again, you may want to see if Canon has a trade in program for the XTI. I felt like I got a great deal on my 50d that way.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

That is really odd. My new canon is doing great but my older one The orginal rebel lasted 5 years and then just quit. it would not record photos to any memory card any longer. Was so bummed! But was happy to get a new camera! LOL!

HOPE it stays fixed for yoU!!