Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-02-2014, 06:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default It always happens to me on the holidays...

Does anyone else seem to be cursed with sick family during the big holidays? Last year for us it was Christmas eve. My daughter was throwing up ALL NIGHT LONG. So our Christmas morning was put on quite a delay and we didn't get to see grandmas and grandpas as planned because we were worried about passing it off to them. My poor little girl just laid on the floor in front of the Christmas tree and didn't even care about opening presents that day. It was so sad!

Well this year for us, it was Thanksgiving. My daughter got some sort of stomach bug that lasted for 3 days. I thought we were safe and then the day she finally felt better my son caught it and it lasted for 5 days with him. And just when I thought we were finally through it, my husband got it on Thanksgiving day. It's been a bummer of a past week & a half for me! He spent his whole weekend off sick. He was supposed to be on call with his surgeon he's rotating with all weekend so it was a big treat to find out he had it off. We ended up doing a whole lot of nothing which was kind of a bummer while I was tending to two sick boys all weekend.

I keep waiting for my turn, but I think I may just have made it out unscathed! So at least that's good! I'm crossing my fingers that we all make it through this Christmas happy and healthy!

And while I'm at it, prayers and good health to you all this holiday season as well!
Old 12-02-2014, 07:22 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Oh no! That sounds miserable. Keeping my fingers crossed that you won't get it.

I've had a cold. No biggie, but I'm always amazed at how a little cold can knock you on your butt. Still, I'm happy that it's just me and not anyone else.

Old 12-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm sick so so so often during christmas. Never any fun. Two years ago I was the sickest I think I have ever been.

Hope you all stay well for Christmas!!
Old 12-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

ugh that's so awful. We never get the flu, but we get pink eye and colds like nobody's business. Somebody always gets croup every year too. I hope you guys are all feeling better soon

Old 12-02-2014, 09:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

2 years ago at Christmas both my boys got the stomach flu on Christmas Eve eve. While at my parents house. Then the night of Christmas my hubby and brother got it. And then it passed onto my mom, another brother and my sister. It sucked. Definitely not fun at all.

Bummer about your thanksgiving! Being sick is just the pits!

Old 12-02-2014, 10:29 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

That is not fun! It happened to us on a New Years one year, then I think it was Thanksgiving another year. Mostly holidays we are lucky... but end up worrying that we will get sick, lol!

Old 12-03-2014, 01:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Uck. We've done that. Hoping you got it all over with for Thanksgiving and you'll be clear for Christmas!
Old 12-03-2014, 08:58 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh, being sick at the holidays is the worst. We don't live near family so we tend to fly home at Christmas and every year I end up sick from it, I swear. Last year since I was pregnant, I got the flu shot for the first time and didn't get sick so I'm hoping the same will be true for this year.

The worst was the year Adam was deployed to Afghanistan and I got a cough so bad I completely lost my voice and couldn't talk to him for days since our only means of communication at the time was 20 minute phone calls through crappy satellite phone.

Last edited by Nettio; 12-03-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well that stinks! We're pretty fortunate in that we hardly ever get sick - colds or flu, strep, etc. When I was a kid I remember we all had the chicken pox one Christmas and my mother had mumps on Christmas a couple years later - those weren't fun.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:53 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanksgiving sickness hits one of the kids every couple years.

Keira's first Christmas I had a migraine that lasted like 2 weeks. Otherwise, just a regular cold sometimes. Knock on wood!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, well for me the last few years has been death or someone in the hospital around the holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

There was that one year (last year I think?) where first my daughter needed an emergency appendectomy just before winter break. Then right after Christmas my husband needed to go to the ER for abdominal pain. (turned out to be gall stones)