Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2016, 02:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default How Do You Keep Track

How do you keep track of the photos you've already scrapped? I find myself questioning sometimes whether I've scrapped a photo already or not. I don't scrap chronologically, I scrap with what photos I feel best suit the kits I'm working with, so there's really no rhyme or reason to what photos get scrapped. I scrap A TON (500+ pages last year alone) so I easily forget sometimes which photos have been used already. How do you all keep track of what's been done? I sort all of my photos by date, and I use bridge. I'm open to suggestions! Thanks all!

Last edited by NellahBean; 02-18-2016 at 02:13 AM.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:04 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I sort all my photos as I take them (well, within a week or three) and put copies of the ones I want to scrap into folders titled accordingly, e.g. Photos to scrap which is divided into sub-folders - one for each child, a family one, etc. I even have them sub-divided again into whether they will be 'pocket pages' or the more traditional individual photo page. I then delete them after I've scrapped them. That's my system for doing pages for me that will end up in my photobooks, and if I'm on top of that I'm happy .

At the same time I'm sorting my photos as above, I also put another copy of photos I think will be good for CT pages into another folder for that purpose. When I have a page to do, I browse through them looking for something that matches the kit. These are usually my best photos, and they will already have been scrapped in some way for my photobooks. Sometimes the CT page will be the one I make for my photobook but I'm pretty up to date with all my scrapping so that doesn't really happen very often. I don't delete these 'CT page photos' after I've scrapped them, and I don't care if I scrap them more than once - that rarely happens anyway because I have SOOOO many photos to choose from!
Old 02-18-2016, 05:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i have my folders per month in a one year folder and then every months has a extra folder with used for album and there i put the photo's in that i dit have scrapped
Old 02-18-2016, 06:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I label my layouts the date of the photo (year-month-day)and the title, so anytime I pull a photo I can quickly check my layouts folder to see if it's been scrapped.

e.g.
16-01-25-Sweet moments
Old 02-18-2016, 07:39 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I do the same thing to what Jacinda said.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:57 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Are you talking about photos for ct layouts? Yeah I'm pretty much the same with you, I choose photo/s that would best fit the kit. Sometimes I see layouts in my gallery and then I woukd realize that I already used them for a LO. I make sure my photos are in folders with title (bday, wedding, sundate) and with date so that it would be easier for me to scrap the events for my photobook.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:00 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't And, like you, I don't scrap chronologically. This means I tend to browse all my photo folders quite regularly. I can usually remember what I have already scrapped. And if I've already scrapped it I might just want to scrap it again because
I think my scrapping has improved over the years so don't mind having a newer page
I have a lot of paper pages and I am wanting to have everything moved to digital
I can think of a different story to tell with the photo
I need a good photo for a CT page and I can't think of another that is better for the kit!
Old 02-18-2016, 08:11 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I can't seem to help but scrap chronological for our family album which is usually what I am working on. So I just pull up the last page I did to see where I left off. Pictures are sorted in folders by date. Now for other albums/projects that are more specific for an event or person I just make a new folder and copy pictures to it that I want to use.

I feel out of sorts if I go out of order. It is weird I know, so odd. Though now I have older pictures I want to scrap and some paper pages I want to convert. I just am telling myself those are special projects to help not feel like my system is broken - otherwise my OCD date order will not like it.

Cheryl
Old 02-18-2016, 08:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I use ACDsee to take my photos to scrap. Then I remove the tag when I'm done.

I talk about my method in this blog post I did over the summer. https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/i...be-sunday-712/
Old 02-18-2016, 08:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I label all my layouts with the date (mm/dd/yyyy) as well as the title but that is more so I can go back and put them chronologically into an album easily.

To skip the step of having to look through my layouts folder to see what I've scrapped, I have my photos sorted by year and then a folder for each month in that year. I just add an extra folder labeled SCRAPPED and when I'm done using a photo I drag it into the SCRAPPED folder - easy peasy
Old 02-18-2016, 10:08 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

following...
*most* of my photos are backed up on SmugMug so I started adding the layout I created with certain photos in that Folder as well. So when I am searching for photos in Smugmug to scrap, I can see the LO(s) I scrapped. But I have duplicated photos before.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:13 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

another that labels their layouts with the date at the beginning of the file. Hubby also wrote me a Hazel command (free software for Apple) that pulls the title of my layouts into a spreadsheet since my files are stored on a personal server.

Once I have PL done for the year, I pull the photos I have yet to scrap into their own folders under a "working folder." I label the folders with a key word so when CT kits come up, I can see if I have something for that topic... however, I'm still working on PL to 2012, so I'm a bit behind on this part of my creative process...
Old 02-18-2016, 02:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
I label my layouts the date of the photo (year-month-day)and the title, so anytime I pull a photo I can quickly check my layouts folder to see if it's been scrapped.

e.g.
16-01-25-Sweet moments
This is what I do too.
Old 02-18-2016, 02:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I keep my photos in forlders by year and month
Then use a spreadsheet

Made using Selfie Addict by Digilicious Designs
Old 02-18-2016, 05:31 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I use lightroom and have tags labeled "scrapped" and color code them. I use to have a folder labeled "scrapped" too that I would put the photos in.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:33 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post

e.g.
16-01-25-Sweet moments
awesome idea...I need to do something like this! I'm impressed on how everyone keeps track and here I thought I was OCD with my digital scrapping stash *lol*
Old 02-18-2016, 07:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I copy the photos I want to scrap into a scrapping folder, and break them down by year and month. Once I've scrapped it, I delete it from there, so when I go back to look for a photo to scrap with another kit, I only see what I haven't yet scrapped.

I also label my layouts by year and month, and save them into a folder for each year, so they're saved chronologically, even if I don't scrap that way!
Old 02-18-2016, 07:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm pretty good about just remembering what I've used without any system, but I also don't mind reusing photos, so it's not much of a priority for me.