Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Sweet Reads-Book Club
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2019, 11:47 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Current Reads... Early March

Helloooooooo Sweet Readers!! So. What titles have been keeping you up late and into the wee hours of the morning? Which is a bit of a figure of speech for me these days, as I struggle to read at night without falling asleep! Are you having good luck with book selections? Or have you hit some duds? I snagged two books in February that, try as I might, I just couldn't stay interested in : The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson & The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi. Both were quite good... but neither seemed to hold my attention. Perhaps I'll try again later. It is frustrating however, as the combined reading I did on both of those equaled 400+ pages and could've been another title finished. A bit of a bummer. Although, I did read 24 books in February, so not too shabby.

Q is for Quarry : 4 stars
R is for Ricochet : 4 stars
S is for Silence : 4 stars
T is for Trespass : 3 stars
Yes Please : 3 stars
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children : 3 stars
A Knife in the Fog : 4 stars
A Study in Charlotte : 3 stars
Coraline : 4 stars
Stardust : 5 stars
A Curious Beginning : 3 stars
Sometimes I Lie : 3 stars
The Library Book : 5 stars
Murder on the Orient Express : 4 stars
U is for Undertow : 4 stars
V is for Vengeance : 4 stars
In an Absent Dream : 3 stars
One for the Money : 3 stars
The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women : 4.5 stars

My favorite titles were Stardust, Radium Girls [although it's terribly sad & as a result, it took me nearly a week to get through] and most of all The Library Book! It's a bit dry and wanders back and forth between the past and present and back again, but the language, subject matter and vocabulary seriously had my heart singing - so gooooood. I also greatly enjoyed Coraline, but must admit [for what might be the first time ever] that I actually loved the movie even more!

Last edited by lingovise; 03-05-2019 at 12:14 PM.