Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-20-2019, 07:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Which Cricuit should I ask for?

Anyone have experience using digital kits with a Cricuit? I was thinking about putting one on my wish list (or at least partial money toward) but I have no idea if it would work with digital kits. My thought is that it would be much easier if it would automatically cut out the designs but not sure how that works with a print out. I was thinking it would be fun to do more hybrid but I can't imagine trying to cut everything out by hand. Thanks for any advice you can give me.
Old 12-20-2019, 07:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My vote is for the Cricut Maker

That's what I'm holding out for---an amazing deal that I can't pass up. Wish I had gotten the one from Amazon Days but I second-guessed myself and now I'm kicking myself in the toosh.

And I also recommend Craft Vinyl
Just make sure you read all the directions before ordering!
Old 12-24-2019, 07:44 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Absolutely the Cricut Maker. I love that thing.
Old 12-28-2019, 06:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Cricut Maker. I have the Explore because I got it several years ago before the Maker was out. But if I was buying today I would get the Maker.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have no clue, mine is an older brand that was given to me from a friend when she upgraded and got a new one! It works great, and we are LOVING creating fun shirts and projects!

Now, if you want to ask about the shirt presses.....let me know! I HATE ironing (I did it for a job once at a Dry Cleaners during college), and I would LOVE to have a shirt press to make the whole process easier! I'm holding out for a bit, because our iron is just fine and we are limiting our shirts for our next trip (this past trip, we were making 3-4 per person!)
Old 12-29-2019, 09:46 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have the original explore that came out like 5-6 years ago. I love it! But if I was ordering today, I'd go for the Maker. I want to cut fabric.

I use the png files of stamps to craft with my Cricut. This year I made a ton of reverse canvases for family gifts.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 12-30-2019, 12:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
I have no clue, mine is an older brand that was given to me from a friend when she upgraded and got a new one! It works great, and we are LOVING creating fun shirts and projects!

Now, if you want to ask about the shirt presses.....let me know! I HATE ironing (I did it for a job once at a Dry Cleaners during college), and I would LOVE to have a shirt press to make the whole process easier! I'm holding out for a bit, because our iron is just fine and we are limiting our shirts for our next trip (this past trip, we were making 3-4 per person!)
This one goes up and down in price and something that a lot of the cricut groups. They claim it is one of the best to have/use
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...9LPUKLVH&psc=1
Old 12-30-2019, 12:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

If anyone is looking for an amazing deal on the Cameo 4, you can go over to CraftVinyl's Private Facebook Group, search "Cameo 4" looking for a post by CraftVinyl.com offering $239.00 for instructions on how to buy the black, white or pink Cameo 4. But this offer is limited and I can't guarantee it will last long.

Cameo 4 retails for $299 at places like Micheals
https://www.michaels.com/silhouette-.../10621064.html
Old 12-30-2019, 04:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap2day View Post
Anyone have experience using digital kits with a Cricuit? I was thinking about putting one on my wish list (or at least partial money toward) but I have no idea if it would work with digital kits. My thought is that it would be much easier if it would automatically cut out the designs but not sure how that works with a print out. I was thinking it would be fun to do more hybrid but I can't imagine trying to cut everything out by hand. Thanks for any advice you can give me.
Cameo 4 impartial review:
https://vinylcuttingmachines.net/sil...ameo-4-review/

Cricut Maker impartial review:
https://vinylcuttingmachines.net/cricut-maker-review/
Old 12-31-2019, 10:57 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

A Cameo?

Honestly, I had a Cricut a long time ago and switched to the first Cameo. I have had every version since and just love it. One of my good friends has the newest Cricut and I just think the software on the Silhouette is so much better.

I don’t think you can go wrong with either brand, there are so many groups out there that have members always willing to help. It is such a great community of people.
Old 12-31-2019, 11:10 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bands321 View Post
A Cameo?

Honestly, I had a Cricut a long time ago and switched to the first Cameo. I have had every version since and just love it. One of my good friends has the newest Cricut and I just think the software on the Silhouette is so much better.

I don’t think you can go wrong with either brand, there are so many groups out there that have members always willing to help. It is such a great community of people.
The one group that I belong to is trying to convince me I need the Cameo 4 because the software is easier to use. They are saying that Cricut is doing an update on Design Space that is making a lot of computers, phones and tablets unable to use their product. That is my only concern with the Maker, if the program doesn't work, it kind of defeats the purpose of having a cutter!
Old 12-31-2019, 05:16 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I haven’t heard about an app update but I do not like their software. Up until very recently, you had to be online to use it. It took them quite a while to do what Silhouette has been doing all along. The basic edition software is good, but if you invest in the business edition software, it is hands down the best option out there. I can’t imagine they would make the software unusable by so many, that sounds like a rumor to me.

You can download the basic Silhouette software from their site for free to test it out. I would suggest checking both brands to see if that is an option and try them both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
The one group that I belong to is trying to convince me I need the Cameo 4 because the software is easier to use. They are saying that Cricut is doing an update on Design Space that is making a lot of computers, phones and tablets unable to use their product. That is my only concern with the Maker, if the program doesn't work, it kind of defeats the purpose of having a cutter!
Old 01-24-2020, 06:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I did not get one for Christmas. I really appreciate the input from everyone. I will also look at the Cameo. Thanks again!
Old 02-01-2020, 10:52 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
If anyone is looking for an amazing deal on the Cameo 4, you can go over to CraftVinyl's Private Facebook Group, search "Cameo 4" looking for a post by CraftVinyl.com offering $239.00 for instructions on how to buy the black, white or pink Cameo 4. But this offer is limited and I can't guarantee it will last long.

Cameo 4 retails for $299 at places like Micheals
https://www.michaels.com/silhouette-.../10621064.html
There's no cameo 4 on this list, but there's cameo 3...
Thanks for the link, though! I thought about buying Cricut, but $299 is too good
Old 01-25-2021, 04:00 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Does anyone here have experience with Gemini machines (like this one)? I checked through several threads and all the discussions are around Cricut, Sizzix, and Cameo machines. I considered taking Gemini but now it seems to be a little suspicious. Any users here?
Old 01-29-2021, 09:02 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I've never heard of Gemini. Right after the Cameo 4 came out, I got the Cameo 3 for $169.00 through walmart.com. I don't know anything about the newer Cricuts. The one I have is the Cricut Expression, which uses cartridges.
Old 01-30-2021, 09:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

I had never heard of Gemini before... I started with a Cricut Explore Air and LOVE it, but recently upgraded to a Maker during the Black Friday sales. I use it a lot for my side business.