Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2011, 12:02 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb
Default This is just the beginning....

....of the embarrassing things that will be happening to me between pregnancy, childbirth, and then of course having/raising kids. I know. But this one was a dozy for a first.

This morning, I get up, and immediately have to throw up. Awesome enough on it's own right? I mean I'm 20-freaking-weeks, WHY AM I STILL GETTING SICK?!!? BAH! That's a whole other rant though, and not the embarrassing part, lol. So I run into the bathroom, get my hair pulled back, and start yacking. Fine. Except obviously there's nothing in my stomach. So I'm mostly just heaving water/bile/stomach acid. Yay.

But then? The violent heaves cause me to pee my pants. And not just like "oops, that was a little leak", but like dripping down my legs and making a puddle, pee my pants. Awesome. And the kicker? I HAD ALREADY PEED THIS MORNING!!! Like 20 minutes before!!

So Jordan's all, are you ok?? And I say no, inbetween heaves. Then I finish peeing like a normal person and I'm cursing because now I have to do freaking laundry because those were my last pair of "pregnancy comfy" pj pants. So I come out into the bedroom in just my sports bra, and he's like "wtf? what's wrong?". HOW DO YOU EVEN ANSWER THAT QUESTION!!??!?! So I angrily throw the pants into my laundry basket, turn to him, and say "I effing peed all over myself, ok?".

And then we both immediately burst into laughter.

::sigh:: Oh the joys of pregnancy....
Old 10-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

*sigh* Sadly, I can relate. I dread sneezing these days for that reason. Kegels are our friend. LOL
Old 10-16-2011, 12:07 PM

profile gallery send pm

Normally I try and pee first, then puke, but I didn't have enough time this morning. Last week I actually sat on the toilet and puked into the sink at the same time, that was an adventure.

Thank god I can laugh about, but I was like REALLY?! I just want to go make muffins for breakfast! LOLOL!

I also read that squats are better than kegels.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

oh wait til you are nearing the end..it gets worse

((hugs)) just laugh now lol

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Really? I hadn't heard that about squats. I'm on limited exercise due to a low placenta and some bleeding issues, so I'll have to ask my dr if those are ok for me (basically all I'm allowed right now is treadmill with no incline).
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

oh gosh... glad you both got a good laugh out of it

and btw, welcome to the rest of your life, sigh... and I've been reading that kegels don't help, but squats are actually better for strengthening up those muscles.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

At least you were in the privacy of your own bathroom!

When I was about 5 months pregnant with my first, I was eating dinner with my ex, and a couple friends. We were 21 and poor so we didn't have a kitchen table, we just ate on the couch. Someone got to telling a funny story, which made me laugh and spill some of my spaghetti. But the sweat pants I had on, had a hole in the thigh, so when I spilled the spaghetti, it burned my leg a little. That made me jump up suddenly, still laughing. As soon as I got to my feet, my bladder completely emptied. In front of everyone. Which only made me laugh MORE. OMG I was a mess.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ladies. You don't make this sound like I want to do it one day. O_O

Old 10-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I totally can relate this feelings! I´m 19 weeks pregnant now and there were a few moments when I almost peed into my pants, lol. Lucky that I never felt tat sick that I had to throw up, but instead of this I have to eat like crazy and gained already some kilos...*sigh*
We´ll get through this ladies - what matters most is, that our baby beans are healthy and growing, right?
Old 10-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathergw View Post

and btw, welcome to the rest of your life, sigh... and I've been reading that kegels don't help
THIS!!!!!!!!!! and 4 kids later
Old 10-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenSwerb View Post
Normally I try and pee first, then puke, but I didn't have enough time this morning. Last week I actually sat on the toilet and puked into the sink at the same time, that was an adventure.

Thank god I can laugh about, but I was like REALLY?! I just want to go make muffins for breakfast! LOLOL!

I also read that squats are better than kegels.
lmao. I can't tell you how often I'd sit on the toilet and pee and throw up into something else at the same time.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 10-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathergw View Post

and btw, welcome to the rest of your life, sigh... and I've been reading that kegels don't help, but squats are actually better for strengthening up those muscles.
Um yeah this..I'm afraid I sneezed just the other day and this happend .

and believe me..it's only going to get way worse..at about 7 mos with my first DH got me to giggling in our childbirth classes of all places while we were on the floor doing that ridiculous stuff they have you do in childbirth classes and I peed all over myself. Thankfully it was in a room full of people who could totally relate but still...pretty embarrassing.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can remember with my first when I was about 8 months pregnant I had such bad gas pains, I had to crawl on my hands and knees to the bathroom because I couldn't stand up. Thank goodness that happened at home and not at work!

Fun, fun times!!

Hope you get over the morning sickness SOON Col!
Old 10-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

OK I have a pee story. Not my pee though. lol

When Belly was about 1 we were out doing some running around and I was carrying her (the girl hates strollers still - it's a battle getting her into one so when it's just us I don't bother). Well we get Hobby Lobby and I set her down to look at something, stood up, and my shirt felt funny. There was pee all over the side of it where I was holding her. Apparently I forgot to completely fasten one side of her diaper and we're out 45 minutes from home and not only did I not have a change of clothes for me or her, I didn't even have the freaking diaper bag. I had to pick her back up, leave all our stuff at the store, drive over to Target, buy us both clothes - and diapers, and change us in the van.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Ah, I remember those days...Rachel sat on my bladder the entire pregnancy (in fact she was so low that they thought I'd need a c-section).

If it'll make you feel better, I'll share an embarrassing pg story
Went in for my check-up (was about 8 mos along by then) and was told that I had a UTI...it was news to me...must have been early on because I wasn't having any pain. So I take the meds, but the antibiotics caused me to get another sort of infection
Anyhoo.....have you ever tried to use Monistat with an 8 month belly? Um yeah, it wasn't working. Not to mention I'd never needed to use that product before...and after about 10 minutes of trying to reach around the belly (with hubby outside the bathroom asking if I need help and me saying NO WAY)...I had to break down and ask for help. I was MORTIFIED. Now I think it's funny but it sure wasn't at the time!

And another...but not mine...a friend's 2 sisters are L&D nurses...if you think you need one, have an enema before giving birth. The nurses should be able to help you out with that. Especially if you are having constipation problems...you don't want to be pushing the baby out and have other things come out as well. Heard more than one story about that!
Old 10-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaTrish View Post
OK I have a pee story. Not my pee though. lol

When Belly was about 1 we were out doing some running around and I was carrying her (the girl hates strollers still - it's a battle getting her into one so when it's just us I don't bother). Well we get Hobby Lobby and I set her down to look at something, stood up, and my shirt felt funny. There was pee all over the side of it where I was holding her. Apparently I forgot to completely fasten one side of her diaper and we're out 45 minutes from home and not only did I not have a change of clothes for me or her, I didn't even have the freaking diaper bag. I had to pick her back up, leave all our stuff at the store, drive over to Target, buy us both clothes - and diapers, and change us in the van.
LOL that reminds me of my youngest stepdaughter's graduation...hubby had actually bought a tie & shirt, was all dressed up for it...and when Rachel got changed (she was about 8 months old)...her diaper wasn't fastened well. LOL in the middle of the ceremony we notice that she has peed all over him and his new suit. He was NOT pleased.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:44 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Just wanted to express my solidarity with the sisterhood. Been there, done that.

Not that I know from personal experience or anything, but . . . I would strongly advise against taking a trip to Mexico when you're 20 weeks pregnant and catching a case of Monteczuma's Revenge. It's not pretty. No, not pretty at all.

Old 10-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewtertm View Post
And another...but not mine...a friend's 2 sisters are L&D nurses...if you think you need one, have an enema before giving birth. The nurses should be able to help you out with that. Especially if you are having constipation problems...you don't want to be pushing the baby out and have other things come out as well. Heard more than one story about that!
Oh and if you're like well into labor - like getting ready to push and they offer a catheter (sp?) take advantage of it. With Zach I had to pee sooooo badly and they had just broke my water and wouldn't let me get up to go to the bathroom. Well, during the next contraction I completely just went all over the bed. I wanted to like melt into the bed and die and the nurses kept telling me not to worry that it could have been #2 instead.

Old 10-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Ugh, I so feel you. I wet myself a couple of times while puking, too. Even now, I have to watch myself and make sure I am not holding it. Cause if I try to hold it rather than just go pee and I happen to sneeze or laugh hard, I will still wet myself a bit. Its ridiculous.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh been there too, in fact I am still there, it did not get better after I had my kids. And having DH laugh afterwards did not help, he is lucky he can still walk.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Another one who has been in your shoes.

I also was sick and throwing up nearly everyday for my ENTIRE first pregnancy. It was ridiculous. I threw up in restaurant bathrooms, grocery stores, even on the side of a drive in restaurant one time cuz there was no bathroom. I was miserable.

Unfortunately after 3 kids the "pee" problem stuck around. So much so that I couldn't do jumping jacks, run or even laugh very hard without some degree of leakage. Luckily when I had a radical hysterectomy last December, my insurance covered it so that I could have my incontinence surgically corrected. I know have a healthy bladder like a little girl. I love it!

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 10-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I totally been there with you in the 'pee'd my pants' side of the story. I fear having to go outside. No lie! I have a couple of urine disposal bags in my purse all the time!! On the other side, the sickness one, luckily enough no. I didn't get any sickness in this pregnancy (so far) or the one before that (ever). I'm glad IDK what is a 'pregnancy sickness'.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

And after two kiddos with big heads, no jumping on the trampoline without some Depends. Sigh. Guess I should try the squats thing.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I read somewhere that kegels make for a harder labor? I have to remember which magazine I read that in, though... I could be totally wrong.

Col, you're so not alone. I used to keep a puke bucket by the toilet for times like that. I'd puke on one end, pee on the other, and eventually have it all sorted out. I peed my pants a few times during pregnancy, either while puking or sneezing, or whatever. Zach would just sit right there on my bladder sometimes and... awful.

I was one of those people who, if I found a comfy pants, I'd buy a couple pairs when I could. For school days, I'd just carry a really big purse, and a large ziploc. If I had an issue, I could always change my pants, put the pee ones in the ziploc, and no one would be the wiser because I carried the exact same style of pants in my bag

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 10-16-2011, 05:39 PM

profile gallery send pm

Thanks ladies, lol. I knew I wasn't alone in this, but it's still nice to know others are right there with me.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Normally I try and pee first, then puke, but I didn't have enough time this morning.
This totally made me laugh that you have this down to such a routine, although I'm sorry you are still sick!

One of my first trips "out" after my son was born was to Joannes to get fabric for finishing the curtains for his room. I pretty much peed all over myself b/c I couldn't make it to the bathroom. Fortunately, only my mom and sister (and my baby) were with me. On the way home, someone mentioned that we needed to get the baby home because he needed a diaper change, and I joked, "yeah, me too!"
Old 10-16-2011, 06:13 PM

profile gallery send pm

LOL! Sad, right Dawn?!
I'm not sick all the time anymore, which is awesome. And I'm eating a little bit better, so I'm actually ALMOST back to my pre-pregnancy weight now. But some mornings, I don't know what it is, it's just unavoidable. Although at least now it's mostly what I originally thought morning sickness was like. Wake up, puke, and done. So it's MUCH better than what I was dealing with, but at the same time I'm REALLY tired of puking.

I sneezed and peed once on vacation, walking through the Dublin airport. It was one of those, "did that really just happen to me NOW" moments, lol. Thankfully, that hasn't happened since. As long as I just sneeze and let it out, I'm ok. It's when I try and hold in the sneeze that I end up peeing, lol.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:49 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

back when I was pregnant with Jacob 20 years ago the What To Expect When You Are Expecting book told moms to carry around a jar of pickles to drop in case you were trying to cover up if you had peed your pants or your water broke. I was like seriously... what would be smarter... dropping a glass jar of pickles in the middle of Macy's or just fessing up to peeing. LOL Sooo glad these days that people are more relaxed about things and books aren't suggesting such stupid things for preggo moms.

Annnnyyyway, my point is that I told Tom about that stupid book advice when i was preggo with Logan. So whenever I had a little accident I joked that I dropped the pickle jar. LOL
Old 10-16-2011, 07:21 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

bahaha...Julie, that's hilarious. A jar of pickles in Macys!
Old 10-16-2011, 07:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Crossing my legs helped with the sneeze pees. I still do it out of habit. Once I stood up from peeing, and sneezed as I was washing my hands, and peed a little. I started wearing pads just so I wasn't changing my underwear 5 times a day!
Old 10-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I must say I don't miss THOSE days ... and sadly the peeing in your pants thing WILL COME BACK to haunt you even years and years after baby days are through, lol. Just sayin........

kit used for siggie "Kona Coast" by Julie Billingsley
Old 10-16-2011, 09:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianka View Post
Ladies. You don't make this sound like I want to do it one day. O_O
LOL Amen. I've said the same thing numerous times about similar threads here.

Last edited by Nettio; 10-16-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

col - do you take your prenatals first thing? This is probably a stupid question just wondering because those made me feel HORRIBLE and so nauseous.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

awwww col!

i won't mention what embarrassing thing happened to me while preggo :/

Old 10-16-2011, 11:55 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

And THAT Col is only Reason #378 why Dean will be an Only Child!! If I've said it once, I've said it a million times - Pregnancy and I did NOT get along!! Motherhood is awesome. Pregnancy - no thank you!

...and just an FYI...from the friendly Physical Therapist who does the weekly Group Therapy classes for Pelvic Floor / Incontinence Training (that would be me) - the only way to strengthen the pelvic floor on your own (i.e. without biofeedback or neuromuscular stimulation from a physical therapist) is to do kegels. Squats don't strengthen the pelvic floor unless you're doing kegels while you're squatting. But it's not a bad idea to do kegels while you're doing other exercises like squatting. Because the times that you need those muscles to be strong and hold that pee in are typically while you're doing something other than just sitting in a chair and usually when other large muscles groups are working - and strengthening a muscle in the most functional way is the best way to do it!! So do squats, but make sure you're doing a kegel while you're squatting, or the squats won't do squat!!

Old 10-17-2011, 12:02 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh, Col.. *lol* The best pg stories are always the ones I don't have to experience firsthand!

BTW, I read somewhere while I was pg that if you tend to have stomach issues (like you do) when you are non-pg that you are much more likely to have extended/severe MS while you are pg. Sorry, chica. Although I was nauseated for most of my first trimester, I only threw up twice during my whole pg and can count on two hands the number of times I've thrown up in my entire lifetime, so that made a lot of sense to me.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:00 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Oh dear... that explains my peeing problems lately.
I'm 11 weeks pregnant, nauseated (not throwing up, thank God!) and so picky about food. Totally going out of control in the pee department... Oh my dear....

I hope your MS passes soon, Col!
Old 10-17-2011, 09:49 AM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
col - do you take your prenatals first thing? This is probably a stupid question just wondering because those made me feel HORRIBLE and so nauseous.
No, I take them at night for exactly that reason. I gag just opening the bottle and looking at them sometimes, lol. I tend to feel crappy by the end of the night away, so I figure what's a little extra nausea on top of it, right? Lol!

LA, I totally figured that's what would happen to me. So while it's not exactly a surprise that I'm still randomly sick this far along, it's still not welcome, lol.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:51 AM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
LOL Amen. I've said the same thing numerous times about similar threads here.
Well, you might end up blessed and not have to suffer through morning sickness at all There's hope!