Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-22-2018, 01:07 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Talk to me about your printer

I'm looking for a new printer but it needs to be affordable.. and it needs to print cardstock!

For the last couple years I had been using an HP laser printer and i loved it - LOVED! But I wrecked it using off brand toner gah. my bad. I would go with another laser but I did have a hard time sucking up the $$ to purchase the good toner which is why I went with the off brand and I learned my lesson.

I really don't know if I want to go with another laser or go back to inkjet.

HELP!
Old 01-22-2018, 01:33 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We have an HP Envy 7640, with HP Instant Ink. It's $5 per month for 100 pages, and they send you ink before you run out. (Pages roll over too, if you don't use them all in one month.) Much cheaper / easier than having to pony up $60 at a time when my cartridge is low. I also wrecked my last printer with off brand cartridges. Lesson learned.

The print quality is excellent.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm definitely interested in this instant ink option when I purchase a new printer.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:58 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I actually DID recently get an HP with the instant ink - just the cheap one for document printing etc for school work/forms.. it doesn't handle cardstock or anything like that though. I didn't realize at the time it didn't actually handle cardstock. LOL

Maybe I'll look into the better options. I was reading about the instant ink and there are some sour people out there about the customer service and how they handle it so it does worry me a tiny bit :/
Old 01-22-2018, 03:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have the same with Kim, ours is HP Envy 4520 and we're also subscribed to their 100 pages per month. So far my daughter loved it because we could print her activities in an instant. They sent us a new ink in October or Novemeber I think, but we haven't used it yet.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:01 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
I have the same with Kim, ours is HP Envy 4520 and we're also subscribed to their 100 pages per month. So far my daughter loved it because we could print her activities in an instant. They sent us a new ink in October or Novemeber I think, but we haven't used it yet.
That's the printer I got. It was less than $40 over the holidays so I got that. I find it's great for documents and such but I haven't had any luck trying to use cardstock. Have you printed photos from it?
Old 01-22-2018, 05:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got a new laser printer and I'm regretting it. The print quality is great, it's more just other issues we are having..and the size. Ugh. Why can't they make laser printers the size of ink jet?
Old 01-22-2018, 06:23 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I had a HP photo something, I had it almost 8 years and loved. I paid almost 300.00 for it. I broke it before Christmas. I use ALOT of cardstock with mine because of all the hybrid projects that I do. I just recently got a 70.00 HP printer and was really scared it would do a crappy job but I like it too! It's about 125.00 every time I get new cartridges....I use HP ink. It does last a while and the quality is great. I get asked often what type of printer I use.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscaralley View Post
I had a HP photo something, I had it almost 8 years and loved. I paid almost 300.00 for it. I broke it before Christmas. I use ALOT of cardstock with mine because of all the hybrid projects that I do. I just recently got a 70.00 HP printer and was really scared it would do a crappy job but I like it too! It's about 125.00 every time I get new cartridges....I use HP ink. It does last a while and the quality is great. I get asked often what type of printer I use.
$125 everytime you need a new cartridge?? That's insane!
Old 01-22-2018, 11:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

canon pixma mg7720. i will never go back to a regular printer after having a canon pixma photo quality printer. it's amazing. i get the XL cartridges, so they last 2x as long as the regular ones.

Old 01-23-2018, 01:44 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I need a new printer, and now I'm intrigued by the HP Instant Ink. I love my current (and very old) HP, but I'm definitely guilty of printing things at a lower quality to save ink. And even though my printer does a nice job with photos, I almost never print them at home because of the ink costs. $5/month instead of $60 every time I run out of ink sounds great! Even though the costs are probably the same in the long run, I think I'd take advantage of a printer more if I was paying a small sum every month. Cardstock is a must, though--I print on cardstock frequently.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:37 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan37 View Post
$125 everytime you need a new cartridge?? That's insane!
That's for all 4

At Christmas time, I sell photo floating ornaments and I usually get enough money to replace them for 2 rounds of ink. It's enough for me to keep my hybrid hobby going!!