Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-12-2014, 11:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Skype™ to DeepGirl
Default Who hates uploading LOs to gallery...

...as much as I do?

I realized I upload only CT layouts. Then I have more than 100 pages ready for print for books I was just lazy to export for web, export credits from the tracker and upload to the gallery.

Anyone with me, LOL?

Old 04-12-2014, 11:30 AM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

I only hate 2peas gallery LOL.. the 325 steps is a bit brain melting after a while. Otherwise it's no big deal to me haha.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I dislike doing it too which is why I save them up and do them all at once, lol

Old 04-12-2014, 11:34 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

If they aren't CT layouts, just upload with a simple "Digital scrapbooking supplies from So and So @ Sweet Shoppe Designs" notation. Uploading and sharing you work should be fun, not a crazy to-do list that you put off forever because it's too much work.

Sometimes I read about the ways you guys track credits with links and I go cross-eyed. I can't imagine tbh! Our industry does rely on word of mouth, but even a simple credit like the one above helps people identify where a product came for if they're looking for it.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

there are times it's hard but that's only with outside galleries & CT layouts. i can upload a layout fast into a store gallery but the other ones i struggle with. i have no idea why since it's just copying & pasting.

with personal layouts, i'm trying to upload more to the store's gallery but i definitely upload to my facebook. that's easy.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It doesn't bother me to post. I copy/paste and done then I get to look at what others have posted, which is my favorite part. I don't go crazy with my record keeping, though, and I'm primarily a kit scrapper, so crediting isn't a chore at all.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am not a huge fan of it, but I still do it. I have complete galleries only in one place and then this is my close second. I don't do links often though, because I'm lazy.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I agree with 2Peas... and Creating Keepsake is another that tries my patience... then usually with CK I give up because all the other sites have loaded my layout and CK is still "thinking"...
Old 04-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I dont mind at all. I just open all the tabs, copy and paste and hit enter. No biggie to me
Old 04-12-2014, 12:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The only problem I have is when I go to scrap stacks. I end up having to use an URL because, for some reason it no longer lets me upload anything. I keep a document for each CT. Then I go ahead and link them up if possible. That way it's ready to copy/paste release day.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
If they aren't CT layouts, just upload with a simple "Digital scrapbooking supplies from So and So @ Sweet Shoppe Designs" notation. Uploading and sharing you work should be fun, not a crazy to-do list that you put off forever because it's too much work.

Sometimes I read about the ways you guys track credits with links and I go cross-eyed. I can't imagine tbh! Our industry does rely on word of mouth, but even a simple credit like the one above helps people identify where a product came for if they're looking for it.
this!!! I would hate for people who aren't on my team to feel all this pressure to link up and list each product - just say mention my name like Robin said and we're good

Old 04-12-2014, 01:33 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna Clingerman View Post
this!!! I would hate for people who aren't on my team to feel all this pressure to link up and list each product - just say mention my name like Robin said and we're good
I don't even link to my own stuff lol
Old 04-12-2014, 01:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

hahaha! you just reminded me that i didn't even post my own layout this weekend in the gallery!!

Old 04-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Now that Pinterest and Scrapstacks have buttons and we can just use our SSD listing to upload to all 3, it's much easier. Back when I had to do every LO separately to multiple galleries it was a lot more time consuming and I used to put it off. But I do still tend to save up and do a few at once unless they're CT LOs or for a challenge.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I always procrastinate on posting my LO's. I don't know what it is but I have to MAKE myself do it each week.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah- I hate uploading too. I'm sitting here with SIX to do and it's going to take me forever. lol.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:48 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Nah, I like to post my pages. Unless it's 3 or more at one time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

I just upload as a I do it and use copy/paste.

Back when I was a CT and everyone required 100 galleries to post to, it was a chore But I post to 3 places now, and it doesn't take any time at all.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I currently only upload CT and challenge LOs... I'm getting faster with the CT ones (copy, paste, etc with a million tabs open in my browser!). I do the whole linking thing for CT pages... but reading this, maybe I don't need too???
Old 04-12-2014, 07:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Another fan of the multi-browser upload ... I also use the feature where you can upload several pages at once. I still don't love the process, but I've got it down to as fast as it's going to get, lol
Old 04-12-2014, 08:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Now that I'm not on any CTs, I've gotten kinda lazy about uploading to galleries ...
Old 04-12-2014, 08:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Me! I don't know why I find it to be such a PITA but I do, even with tabs and copy/pasting etc
Old 04-12-2014, 08:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I don't mind doing it. I'm another mulit-browser/tab uploader too. I just copy and paste and find it goes pretty quickly... no biggie.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Who hates uploading LOs to gallery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingovise View Post
I don't mind doing it. I'm another mulit-browser/tab uploader too. I just copy and paste and find it goes pretty quickly... no biggie.

Yep, i do this too. But i admit i procrastinate and sometimes forget so i have to sticky it on my desktop 😜

When i get started i do want to do it, because i ::have:: been the scrapper who will PM someone to ask about a kit or font because it wasnt properly credited 😅

(One time i timed myself and it took me nearly half an hour to upload six layouts to six galleries--that included any link ups and editing to the credits)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2014, 01:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have a problem with other galleries, but uploading to 2Peas takes too much clicks..for me, the less clicks, the better!
Old 04-13-2014, 02:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I upload everything here first, then pin and stack them from the SSD gallery. Then I upload to scrapbook.com and Facebook. With my 5 different tabs at the top of my browser open, I can copy and paste my credits but it's still quite the process. I need to figure out a quicker way to do it. I had 17 pages to upload today and it took me nearly two hours to do it all. Plus I haven't even posted all of my credits for my designers yet. I'm usually so burned out from uploading that I wait a day or two to post my links and sometimes I forget all together. I love that Darcy just checks her gallery here and that Brook had us just post links to all our different galleries in her forum so that she can check them whenever she wants. That definitely makes life easier! If any other designers want to follow suit I will love you forever!!!
Old 04-13-2014, 02:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Also, I just recently started linking my SSD gallery to the product page. This is an extra step that takes that much more time, but I think gallery lookers would find it helpful. Does a gallery page that links to the product page make a difference for you or am I wasting my time?
Old 04-13-2014, 04:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love linking my layouts to the product page in store too, because I'd appreciate it when I see other layouts having store links - it makes it easier for me to find it in shop when I see something that I like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NellahBean View Post
Also, I just recently started linking my SSD gallery to the product page. This is an extra step that takes that much more time, but I think gallery lookers would find it helpful. Does a gallery page that links to the product page make a difference for you or am I wasting my time?
Old 04-13-2014, 10:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm sure I make it more difficult than it might have to be but I try to include actual links if I can in that gallery. I make it easier by having all the different types of credits in a note in Evernote for each layout. Then, I just open all the tabs and start the process. 5 or 6 of them do take about an hour to do. After that, I do try to make a few comments in the galleries I post for the layouts that just grab my attention right there. As I post, I copy the layout links right back into the same Evernote note so that I can just paste that right into wherever the designer might want it (if she does). I love my supply tracker script... about 90% of the time it works like a charm. I just have to hope that one of the 10% ones isn't when I've used stuff from 15 or 20 different kits!
Old 04-13-2014, 10:17 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

I am so not a fan of uploading to galleries lol ....especially 2 peas because of the thousand steps. Honestly I'm just lazy sometimes too but every week I have probably 6-10 layouts so it's a lot of work. lol
Old 04-13-2014, 11:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't mind uploading them my problem is that I usually end up forgetting to upload them.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:33 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

My only issue is when I am uploading more than one and I copy/paste the wrong credits to a page and I don't realize it until after I have completed the process at 4 or 5 galleries. Then I have to go back and edit them all...lol! Makes me feel real silly.

I usually keep my credits saved (with and without links) in Notepad so they are quick to get to. I have notepad pinned to my taskbar so that when I right click, it shows my most recent files. For my personal pages, I do none of that... I just share them on FB and sometimes my blog with mention of designer names.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:42 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't mind it either...I just open up a bunch of tabs and start plugging away. It takes time, yes, but it's what I signed up for when I agreed to be on a team. I usually do it once the family goes to bed so that I don't have bunch of talking distracting me. LOL! My kids never shut up!

Old 04-13-2014, 12:55 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

It's not something I like doing, but it's pretty ok. I don't post to a bazillion galleries though.

What I really don't like is collecting my links for designers to see where I've posted. I do it with those who require it because I agreed to do it, but it's something I put off doing as long as I can.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't mind uploading to the galleries but the same as Hanna, I dislike collecting my links to post for the designers because I always end up messing up and have to start again lol.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

It's doesn't bother me too too much... but I'm the multi tab copy and paste-er type of uploader... so it isn't really bad. There are a lot of worse things out there, lol!

Old 04-14-2014, 12:50 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

It all got to be too much work uploading to galleries so I just stopped. I only upload to Facebook to share with my family and friends and Picasa since that's easier to access on my phone. Since my family and friends don't really care about credits and I keep Picasa so only I can view it, I don't bother with any credits.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I will add that life is soooo much easier now that I switched to firefox. I try to link all my products to the store but it was worse than going to the dentist when I had to type in all the url stuff....FF does it for me which is sooo nice!

I don't mind uploading, but sometimes I forget what I used, especially on my Project Life pages...then it becomes a real pain!! LOL
Old 04-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ya, I'm struggling with that, too, b/c my internet often is very slow, and the times when it does work well, I have more important things to accomplish on the net. So uploading sometimes takes forever, and then I procrastinate.

I particularly hate uploading double page spreads. I have a ton of them, like probably more than a hundred, ready to go, but they're so much trouble to upload. If I upload them as one, then they're so tiny you can't really see the details, if I split them, they take up my daily upload limit (like some galleries have) in no time, or things get messed up with the order of the pages, etc. Just not nice! lol
Old 04-14-2014, 07:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I agree with the double page spreads. I wish there was a better way to upload them so that they'd display bigger. I do a lot of two pagers and they just don't display well in the gallery.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:22 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I cannot imagine having to upload to 5 galleries! I upload my layouts to the shop of the designer, and stack them from there. That's it! I do regret not keeping a list of credits for my very first layouts, because I can't post them online unless I track down all the products I use on it. I now keep a hidden layer of credits on the TIFF file of my finished LOs.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Yes, I agree... for my doubles, I had to figure out a way to be able to see details. I upload each side by itself, and then put a copy of the double layout in the credits. I try to watch how big it is so it isn't crazy large.