Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default the Walking Dead... Beryl or Deth

Is anyone still watching the Walking Dead? The episode last night was one of my favorites. For some reason, seeing Daryl get vulnerable and watching Beth get to his heart a bit was so great. There were so many great moments! It makes me wonder, can love blossom between them? Or is this just a set-up to break our hearts when one of them dies?

Anyone want to discuss? Haha...

Old 03-03-2014, 11:43 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

Yess!! You know, I kept thinking the same thing... if they will fall in love for something. But then, I had a thought ... Beth is still pretty young. A teenager. Even though they are probably the last of the few survivors..not sure if Daryl would go down that road. I would hate if one of them died this early on...ugh! I mean... I can see it happening but I know it won't be Daryl dying. If he died, I would not watch anymore.

I am ready for the whole group to find each other again. I just know it's bound to happen at some point...or at least I hope. Each show only focusing on one set of people at a time is killing me. It feels like the story is moving too slow.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:52 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo... they can NOT get together. Ick ick ick! LOL

I think Beth is still super young (according to wiki she's 18 this season), and plus... I want him back with Carol when they reunite.

As much as I love Daryl, I hated last night's episode. It was sweet seeing him be vulnerable, but it was soooooo slow. Like Tronesia, I need the group to find each other cause I hate this one group at a time stuff.

And yeah, Daryl isn't dying. LOL He's got the biggest fan base on the whole show. They would NOT kill him off. Now Beth? I even told Jeff last night that it's just a matter of time. She's just not a likable character.

I totally missed Talking Dead last night, so I need to see if I can find it online. Wasn't Norman Reedus supposed to be on it?
Old 03-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I see Daryl and Beth as brother/sister relationship rather than romantic. She's still young and I'm guessing she has visions of a Prince Charming type romance. I'd rather see her with Carl than Daryl.

I also was not a huge fan of last night's episode. I feel like it didn't do anything to move the plot forward. I could have skipped the whole episode and still known what was going on this season. I'm getting frustrated because I want them to find each other and move forward. I'm all for character development, but I also want the plot to move forward at the same time.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

NO! Daryl is supposed to be with carol!! they even rhyme!

Old 03-03-2014, 12:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ha! John and I were having a huge debate on Beth and Daryl's ages last night, but we both see them setting it up like a love interest. Besides the show people (don't remember which) said before that there's not going to be a Daryl-Carol romance. Or well, you know not like an actual not implied flirting type of one.
Oh and as John keeps pointing out - they could totally kill Daryl off, he's a made-for-tv character. He isn't in the comics.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 03-03-2014, 01:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I so wish I could participate in this thread (I scrolled through super fast so I couldn't read anything! lol) but I'm two episodes behind... I like the thought of them together, though!

Hopefully tonight I will finally have time to catch up!
Old 03-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Beth is 18... But in that world, who really cares? For all they know they are the only survivors from their group. I also like the contrast between Daryl's rough hard edges and Beth's softness and vulnerability. I find it interesting. I never thought Carol was right for him. But, I never really connected with her character very much. I'm not sure why.

For me, this episode was interesting, but I love character development and I also like the story slowing down a bit. I don't want it to end!!!

Old 03-03-2014, 01:27 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I hate Beth. She gets on my nerves big time. I'd be fine with them killing her off. And since I love Daryl, I do not want then together. Carol is much better with him. I like the episode even if it was slow. Daryl's back story is exactly what I figured it was.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It was a whole hour of just Daryl...I loved it! lol

I think they have more of a brother/sister relationship too.

Old 03-03-2014, 02:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
Beth is 18... But in that world, who really cares? For all they know they are the only survivors from their group. I also like the contrast between Daryl's rough hard edges and Beth's softness and vulnerability. I find it interesting. I never thought Carol was right for him. But, I never really connected with her character very much. I'm not sure why.

For me, this episode was interesting, but I love character development and I also like the story slowing down a bit. I don't want it to end!!!
I don't care for Carol either. For me - it was when they were looking for her daughter. They were searching all over... people were getting hurt and almost killed...but she let them keep going. I know it was sad for her but gee... the whole group was being put in danger. Then now... she sees it different when it's not her own child. I don't like that.

Trish, tell your husband not to mess this up for us Daryl lovers.... lol! I have been tempted to check out the comics but I didn't want to be thrown off by the story.

Old 03-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I honestly just want to see Daryl get some LOVE on this show before he gets killed off. LOL!

Old 03-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Gah I wanted him to just grab her & kiss her so bad!
Old 03-03-2014, 04:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I honestly just want to see Daryl get some LOVE on this show before he gets killed off. LOL!
haaa! a lot of my friends are saying this

Old 03-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I don't think they'll kill Daryl. Fans won't stand for it. I've never read the comics but by all accounts its nothing like them. Apparently the main character is Tyrese not Rick?

Glad Carol is back. SO glad Judith is ok. Wish. They'd all find each other again.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by flergs View Post
I don't think they'll kill Daryl. Fans won't stand for it.
That's what I keep telling him. lol
Quote:
I've never read the comics but by all accounts its nothing like them. Apparently the main character is Tyrese not Rick?
Honestly, I've never read them, lol and I don't think John has either. I'd be seriously surprised if he had. I think he just gets all of his information from the interweb. He loves to tell me who all is dead and who all is still alive and when the group is supposed to meet back up. I keep telling him to stfu.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:01 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

You wouldn't want to ask for a payrise huh? Bam you're dead. That'll learn you for being greedy ha! I still can't believe Hershel died!
Old 03-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i can't bring myself to watch the show much because my biggest fear is zombies, but i read the synopses of the episodes because my best friend is SO into this show, lol! At least I can chat about it, even if I can't really watch it.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Seriously watch it. I am so terrified of zombies that I still have nightmares from watching Dawn of the Dead 8 yesrs ago. This is so different & I've never had a jump or a scare.. I religiously watch TWD but I couldn't bring myself to watch a zombie movie. It's not scary at all and I am terrified of zombies
Old 03-03-2014, 06:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've watched all the way until they were run out of the farm house and cleared the inside fence of the prison, I just have to give myself breaks in between because it does scare me really bad. I don't do well with the intense parts where you know a zombie is coming but they draw it out. I still have nightmares from watching dawn of the dead too. WHY I watched that show, I have no idea, lol! My hubby is gone for a month so I really can't watch it, but I"m feeling the itch to again, so once he's home we'll probably start it up again. I'm beyond terrified of zombies though. I really honestly think it could happen.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronesia View Post
I am ready for the whole group to find each other again. I just know it's bound to happen at some point...or at least I hope. Each show only focusing on one set of people at a time is killing me. It feels like the story is moving too slow.
^^THIS! I hate the episodes that just show a couple of people. Last night's was hugely boring. There just are not that many episodes in a season to do that pretty much every. single. week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post
I totally missed Talking Dead last night, so I need to see if I can find it online. Wasn't Norman Reedus supposed to be on it?
I've never watched it before, but let it run last night for a few minutes. Yes, Norman was on it and quite frankly, from the few minutes I watched it, I thought "what an idiot." (sorry Daryl/Norman fans - I like him too, but...) When they asked him about when Daryl revealed what he was/did before, Norman was all like "that was some great writing, so profound..." etc. And I'm like, huh??? That was COMPLETELY anti-climactic! He was a bum with Merle? Yeah, we all figured that, but would have been nice to have it be something surprising like a cop or dentist or something completely opposite his character. But nope.

Sorry, I'm obviously grouchy about TWD right now. LOL

Last edited by maryinaz; 03-03-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
^^THIS! I hate the episodes that just show a couple of people. Last night's was hugely boring. There just are not that many episodes in a season to do that pretty much every. single. week.

I've never watched it before, but let it run last night for a few minutes. Yes, Norman was on it and quite frankly, from the few minutes I watched it, I thought "what an idiot." (sorry Daryl/Norman fans - I like him too, but...) When they asked him about when Daryl revealed what he was/did before, Norman was all like "that was some great writing, so profound..." etc. And I'm like, huh??? That was COMPLETELY anti-climactic! He was a bum with Merle? Yeah, we all figured that, but would have been nice to have it be something surprising like a cop or dentist or something completely opposite his character. But nope.

I thought the same thing... that Daryl would say he did some kind of great and upstanding job. Then he just outs himself as a drifter following around his big brother...LOL!!!

Old 03-03-2014, 07:14 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post

I agree I thought last night's ep was pretty meh. Yet my hubby thought it was fantastic. To me it just was a lot of nothing..
Old 03-03-2014, 10:17 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I loved it. I like a balance between huge action and slower episodes. I think it helps keep you on your toes. You never know what's coming. I think the fact that he did nothing before the apocalypse was fitting for his character. It's exactly what I pictured.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I loved it. I like a balance between huge action and slower episodes. I think it helps keep you on your toes. You never know what's coming. I think the fact that he did nothing before the apocalypse was fitting for his character. It's exactly what I pictured.
Oh good, lol, I thought maybe I was alone. lol

Old 03-03-2014, 10:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

And I love Beth! I am so glad to see her character developed more.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:40 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaTrish View Post
And I love Beth! I am so glad to see her character developed more.
I actually love Beth, too.

*sigh*

They are totally going to make one of them die. I just know it.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Still finishing it up (had too much fun watching the Oscars with the MST3K crew last night)...and OH THE FEELS!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2014, 10:58 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
I still have nightmares from watching dawn of the dead too. WHY I watched that show, I have no idea, lol!
Glad I'm not the only one. I think TWD walkers are dumb that's why they aren't scary. Slow & attracted to noise. Where Dawn of the Dead they were crazy fast and what got me is how they hunted people down. Like you can't hide...**shudder**
Old 03-03-2014, 11:14 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Baldwin View Post
Still finishing it up (had too much fun watching the Oscars with the MST3K crew last night)...and OH THE FEELS!!!!!!!!!
That's what I'm talking about!!!

Old 03-03-2014, 11:14 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Glad I'm not the only one. I think TWD walkers are dumb that's why they aren't scary. Slow & attracted to noise. Where Dawn of the Dead they were crazy fast and what got me is how they hunted people down. Like you can't hide...**shudder**
Don't watch World War Z.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I watched world war z and that movie was dumb to me. the zombies weren't scary to me but i can't really explain why. I guess maybe the movie wasn't scary because there were barely any zombie scenes in it and they only bit you, they didn't eat you... and it wasn't all that suspenseful. the suspense is what gets to me. i really just can't do it! I'd rather know what's coming then sit in suspense. But yes, the dawn of the dead zombies, holy crap!! and 28 days later?!? omg i had nightmares foreverrrrr after that one. FOREVER!!

Old 03-03-2014, 11:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

She's wayyy too young for him! Eeeww, I know the dating rules in the zombie apocalypse are different than they are now but gross. lol

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 03-03-2014, 11:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I watched world war z and that movie was dumb to me. the zombies weren't scary to me but i can't really explain why. I guess maybe the movie wasn't scary because there were barely any zombie scenes in it and they only bit you, they didn't eat you... and it wasn't all that suspenseful. the suspense is what gets to me. i really just can't do it! I'd rather know what's coming then sit in suspense. But yes, the dawn of the dead zombies, holy crap!! and 28 days later?!? omg i had nightmares foreverrrrr after that one. FOREVER!!
See, in World War Z... They ran so FAST there was no way to get away from them. Ugh... It gave me nightmares.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I actually love Beth, too.

*sigh*

They are totally going to make one of them die. I just know it.
I don't know when it will happen, but I sort of agree with you... BUT...
I don't think they'll kill Daryl.. I'd say half of the women (and gay men LOL) watching are just watching it to see him! He has a HUGE fan base, the biggest of every other character combined. They won't let him die because their ratings would plummet and they certainly know that. And I'm glad! lol... If I didn't love zombie movies/shows, I'd watch it for the reason I've stated above. hahaha

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 03-03-2014, 11:37 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I haven't yet Brook lol. Mmm but Brad Pitt!

Paranormal Activity has screwed me up for life. When she gets dragged out by her foot! Nope!!
Old 03-03-2014, 11:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

yeah i can't watch paranormal activity because I believe in that stuff. Not like with zombies where i honestly believe some sort of virus like that could happen int he future, i believe ghosts are already here so i have to completely stay away from that shiz!!

Old 03-03-2014, 11:42 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I don't think they'll kill Daryl. Fans won't stand for it.
They killed off Opie in SOA...never say never...
Old 03-03-2014, 11:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
yeah i can't watch paranormal activity because I believe in that stuff. Not like with zombies where i honestly believe some sort of virus like that could happen int he future, i believe ghosts are already here so i have to completely stay away from that shiz!!
YES! Exactly. That is real. REAL I tell you. I cannot stick a foot out of the bed. Too real for my liking.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci Reed View Post
They killed off Opie in SOA...never say never...
spoiler alert

jokes. RIP Opie. True, no one is safe.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
YES! Exactly. That is real. REAL I tell you. I cannot stick a foot out of the bed. Too real for my liking.
You're my kindred spirit obviously!

Old 03-04-2014, 01:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo... they can NOT get together. Ick ick ick! LOL

I think Beth is still super young (according to wiki she's 18 this season), and plus... I want him back with Carol when they reunite.

As much as I love Daryl, I hated last night's episode. It was sweet seeing him be vulnerable, but it was soooooo slow. Like Tronesia, I need the group to find each other cause I hate this one group at a time stuff.

And yeah, Daryl isn't dying. LOL He's got the biggest fan base on the whole show. They would NOT kill him off. Now Beth? I even told Jeff last night that it's just a matter of time. She's just not a likable character.
I have to agree 100% with Libby on this one! Lets just get them all back together so they can start killing zombies again and then deal with the new threat those dudes that Rick came across (the convicts?) And let us see how this "new Town" is going to be. Another Governor leading it or what? Does it really exist? I can't wait til we actually start seeing some of this!
Old 03-04-2014, 07:05 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Because like with the book, and like Walking Dead used to be, it's more about how the people handled the situation than it was about the zombies themselves. It wasn't meant to be a zombie gore-fest like most zombie movies. The book was SOOOOOOO much better, too!
Old 03-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I loved it too! In fact, I had to take a bathroom break at one point, and as I was walking back to the tv, I realized that I was weirdly giddy about how much I love that show and excited that there was still more to watch! Made me think that maybe I should watch the Walking Dead in like, 10 minute intervals through the week.

Aside from the fact that I don't think it's believable that they didn't have a back-up plan in case they had to leave the prison, I don't mind these episodes that don't seem to be advancing the plot. They are strong character development episodes-- kind of like a lot of the ones that took place on the farm. Without them, I feel like the show would become too formulaic. Besides, that's kind of the point for the characters -- they are back to where they started and wondering if there is any point it TRYING to advance their own story/life given that they keep losing people and are just back in survival mode.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:31 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have yet to see world war z, but I can tell you the book was amazing and there were no running zombies.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:51 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I have yet to see world war z, but I can tell you the book was amazing and there were no running zombies.
DH read the book and it is different from the movie. If you watch the trailer of the movie, you can see the zombies run at a breakneck speed even flinging themselves through windows and leaping towards people.

On our way home from watching the movie (in REAL 3D for the love of Pete ) we were stopped at a stop light. It was about 12:30 at night, and I was still freshly freaked from the movie. Well, a runner crossed the intersection in front of us and I screamed and nearly peed my pants. Haha... running people scared me for a good week. LOL

As for the Walking Dead, I don't watch when they eat people, but other than that I'm not bothered. They move so slow and you can usually hear them coming, so they don't frighten me as much.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I loved the book, World War Z, but the movie was just meh. Maybe because the book was in the first person, you cared about what happened. I thought the character development in the movie was so bad that I didn't really care if everyone got eaten.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I liked World War Z the book, didn't LOVE it but I liked it, the movie was meh.

I don't see Daryl and Beth together at all, they may be bonding but not in a romantic way.

I loved last night's episode. I think it's awesome when we get really character driven episodes. DH didn't like it and he hates Beth so it I had to listen to him gripe about her the whole time. ( shouldn't have waited for him LOL )
Old 03-04-2014, 03:48 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

I loved the episode...I liked the character development with Daryl because I don't really get his appeal so now I like him more.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Hahaha...brook, that is so funny!