Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2019, 12:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Wkend scrapping or shopping 03/30

Any scrappy shopping or scrapping happening this wkend?

I did my shopping this morning. I was so tired last night so waited til this morning to get the kits I wanted. I've got my challenges all done so I can't wait for the new month to start and see what the challenge requirements are.

This wkend is all about relaxing,(tonight my daughter is coming over to binge watch "The Passage" with us. I want to get some photo editing and sorting done, reorganize a bit with my scrap EHD and backup drive. I've got some older kits that I just don't need and they are taking up space.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Little bit of A and little bit of B. I'm relaxing too and take my sis out for a birthday dinner tonight.
Old 03-30-2019, 04:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Have a great time tonight celebrating the birthday, Lynn!
Old 03-30-2019, 05:17 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I’ve been downloading and sorting kids all month... it was much needed in order to get scrapping done. I’m almost finished with that and then I’ll work on saving & grouping photos to be ready for the April challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2019, 05:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Have fun relaxing tonight, Rae!

I will shop tonight, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to scrap. Hopefully I'll at least have a few evenings this week.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2019, 05:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We have a few events this weekend, my daughter's tennis team played in grand finals yesterday morning (and they won, yay!) and in the evening, she invited few friends for a sleep over.

I still have few layouts to finish up my passport but I'm tired today as I didn't have much sleep last night with 5 teenage girls giggling through the night

Old 03-30-2019, 09:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We did some birthday celebrating today for my daughter, her birthday is Monday but since I have to work we wanted to do some celebrating today.
We started with movies this morning, then went to the mall and got her ears re-pierced (they were pierced but closed up), then visited with my mom and sister and nieces for a few hours. Then off for some clothes shopping, and then dinner out and Cold Stone Creamery after. We're just getting in and winding down.

Gonna tackle laundry tomorrow and relax! I didn't get a chance to work on challenges earlier this month, so with one day left, I'll just wait for April to hit and start fresh.

But I did get goodies from the shop ...so I might scrap a bit tomorrow. Tonight I'm POOPED!

Old 03-30-2019, 09:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve11ne View Post
We have a few events this weekend, my daughter's tennis team played in grand finals yesterday morning (and they won, yay!) and in the evening, she invited few friends for a sleep over.

I still have few layouts to finish up my passport but I'm tired today as I didn't have much sleep last night with 5 teenage girls giggling through the night
Brave soul, lol, I remember those giggle sleepovers with too many girls. LOL! Hope you get some rest tonight and get to scrap

Old 03-31-2019, 03:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

None of either I am afraid - no scrapping due to ongoing health issues and no scrappy buying either cause I just finished spending $260 for new glasses which were well overdue

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 03-31-2019, 08:43 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I've been sick since mid week last week, so I spent most of my time these days in bed. Yesterday (Saturday), I did go out with my boys for their haircut and I ended up having a haircut myself! After that, hubby talked me into watching captain marvel... while we had a great time, it was too much for my body and today (Sunday), it took a toll on my neck and shoulder. I think I pulled a muscle and I am in so much pain the whole day and have been in bed again. Argh...
Old 03-31-2019, 09:03 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am working on catching up a bit on my Project Life pages. We've had a quiet weekend, so that has helped! I did some shopping this morning, Christine's new bundle and some of Cindy's new templates, so I'm set to play today! We got around 4 inches of snow last night, so I feel like staying in, being cozy, and scrapping!

Old 03-31-2019, 09:03 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
I've been sick since mid week last week, so I spent most of my time these days in bed. Yesterday (Saturday), I did go out with my boys for their haircut and I ended up having a haircut myself! After that, hubby talked me into watching captain marvel... while we had a great time, it was too much for my body and today (Sunday), it took a toll on my neck and shoulder. I think I pulled a muscle and I am in so much pain the whole day and have been in bed again. Argh...
Sorry you've been sick, Sherly! I hope you feel better soon. Neck pain is THE WORST!

Old 03-31-2019, 09:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No shopping but I am buying myself a $20 gift cerfiticate because it's mother's day here then I'm going to keep it for sweet rewards

I've done scrapping too, I've got 1 page left to finish the March passport, I'm cutting it close but I should get done in time!
Old 03-31-2019, 10:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Neither...we decided to redo our daughter's bedroom so we spent all day yesterday buying bedding and paint and a new bedroom set. So, a whole different level of buying. Her and I painted her room yesterday afternoon/evening. Poor girl still had the paint from her nursery on her walls so it was well overdue.

She picked this bed (in a twin because our bedrooms are small). She will also get a dresser and end table that match it and two lamps:

We painted her walls a pretty grey and she picked out bedding and curtains at Bed, Bath and Beyond that are really cute.

Oh, and we repurposed the mirror from her old dresser. We took out the mirror and painted the backboard with chalkboard paint so that she can put that up on her wall. She wanted a chalkboard wall but I thought this would be a whole lot cooler since the room is going to be a bit too old for that.

I'm so excited to see it come together!

Old 03-31-2019, 10:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
ACK! I LOVE this bed!!! *sigh* I wish I had a pretty bed...
Old 03-31-2019, 10:57 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm way behind on project life scrapping - like first week in February behind... haha - so I've been working on those pages to catch up a bit... otherwise, planning for homeschooling stuff. I hope to be able to scrap some more with this weekend's new releases - they are so amazing!
Old 03-31-2019, 11:02 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

She was able to pick bedding from Ashley Furniture with her bedroom set and I found a photo of the bed with the bedding she picked put:

Old 03-31-2019, 11:04 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
ACK! I LOVE this bed!!! *sigh* I wish I had a pretty bed...
Isn't it pretty?! At first she thought she wanted a black bed. Which is fine. But, this bed is just so pretty! I wish her room was bigger so that she could have gotten a bigger bed.

Old 03-31-2019, 11:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
She was able to pick bedding from Ashley Furniture with her bedroom set and I found a photo of the bed with the bedding she picked put:
Gorgeous and elegant! Love it!

Old 03-31-2019, 11:34 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I scrapped 15+ pages this week so I haven't done any shopping or scrapping this weekend so far.

I've been binge-watching "Queer Eye" and making a list of things to clean/tidy up this afternoon.
Old 03-31-2019, 12:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We ventured out to the cherry blossom festival going on here (D.C) and holy cow I've never seen so many people in one place in my life! I grew up in a small town and this was quite the contrast! Fortunately one of the perks of hubs' job working for White House support is that we get to park in a restricted access area (i.e. smack dab in the middle of everything, free and no extra walking). It was beautiful and so many people smiling and having fun flying kites, seeing monuments, enjoying food truck specialities and of course the cherry blossoms themselves!

Hubs had to leave this morning for a couple weeks of training in a different state so I'm on my own now kiddos wise, picking up that 100 pound shed (in a box) I ordered before he was put on this training rotation last minute (thanks for that Army...), and cleaning/shopping/etc because my brother in law and nephews are coming right when my husband gets back too. Not really a big deal for me b/c I'm used to this but my youngest is a total Daddy's girl and has been a ball of emotions this weekend b/c she's going to miss her Daddy so much! Thank heavens she doesn't remember what it's like when he's deployed but boy it scares me for if/when he has to deploy again!

Anyways, so that's my plan for the rest of the weekend/weeks ahead and fitting in scrapping where I can! Oh and those chick flicks I always rent whenever the hubs is gone! :P
Old 03-31-2019, 12:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Neither...we decided to redo our daughter's bedroom so we spent all day yesterday buying bedding and paint and a new bedroom set. So, a whole different level of buying. Her and I painted her room yesterday afternoon/evening. Poor girl still had the paint from her nursery on her walls so it was well overdue.

She picked this bed (in a twin because our bedrooms are small). She will also get a dresser and end table that match it and two lamps:

We painted her walls a pretty grey and she picked out bedding and curtains at Bed, Bath and Beyond that are really cute.

Oh, and we repurposed the mirror from her old dresser. We took out the mirror and painted the backboard with chalkboard paint so that she can put that up on her wall. She wanted a chalkboard wall but I thought this would be a whole lot cooler since the room is going to be a bit too old for that.

I'm so excited to see it come together!
I love that bed Carrie! It's so gorgeous!
Old 03-31-2019, 01:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
That is just gorgeous! Lucky girl!!!
Old 03-31-2019, 01:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Aw....Sherly....didn't realize you were sick. Hope you feel better soon. Don't overdo it and let your body rest. Sending you healthy vibes!
Old 03-31-2019, 01:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I didn't get out to photograph cherry blossoms so after we visit Bailey at the hospital this afternoon I think I'll take Taz and head out to see if I can find some blooms in our neighborhood. Hopefully we can have an early dinner and I can get out during the golden hour for some photos. If nothing else....it'll be a lovely walk with Taz, the sun is shining, it'll be warm-ish and I think we'll stop by the new park close by and see how it looks.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:11 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Ugh sorry Sherly!! I've been sick this week as well. It's been ROUGH. Today I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but haven't gotten any scrapping done. I did manage to do PL prep for this week, so that's something. Maybe tomorrow. I'm super glad I got all my challenges done early this month, no way I could have finished them this week. I could barely focus on anything
Old 04-01-2019, 12:14 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Wow, Carrie! What a weekend! I love being productive like that, getting stuff done, seeing a big transformation...especially when it's other people who put the work into it. ; )

I neither scrapped nor shopped this weekend; I binge scrapped 9 layouts in 3 days a couple of weeks ago in an attempt to make the Shutterfly sale (which I didn't make) and I am just so burnt out on scrapping. I looked at other people's layouts but I didn't make any myself.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:08 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I had a great weekend.

I went shopping with my mom on Saturday. I also managed to scrap a few pages.
On Sunday I went for a run and in the afternoon we went to the park. We played basketball and tennis. It was a lot of fun.