Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-30-2017, 12:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Ireland Questions

those who live, lived or have visited Ireland I have a couple of questions for you before I visit end of July. Will be visiting Dublin

What type of clothing do I pack? Was thinking of a pair of jeans, skimmers and capris, cotton t-shirts, a hoodie, raincoat.

from what I read the weather is upper 60's (F) which is like our spring and that is what I usually wear.......60 and I'm in flip flops

Can I rely on the maps or should I buy the Europe/Ireland card for my GPS and bring that? Will probably also have to buy a new GPS as mine is old, lol.

I am starting in Dublin and exploring the Midlands, West and South of Ireland.

thanks in advance
Old 05-30-2017, 12:55 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We went in august.we packed jeans and sneakers.shirts and vest.it was to chilly without vest. We hired a car there with navigtion on it.
Dublin is so nice.you can do a lot by foot ar busses/ trams. A lot to see.friendly people.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatasluis View Post
We went in august.we packed jeans and sneakers.shirts and vest.it was to chilly without vest. We hired a car there with navigtion on it.
Dublin is so nice.you can do a lot by foot ar busses/ trams. A lot to see.friendly people.
Thanks! I have a car for the week but have extended my holiday by 2 days just in Dublin and no car so I can explore more.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I just messaged someone who is a missionary around there. Maybe they can give you some insight, whether making a post here or sending me the information via message on FB.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I just messaged someone who is a missionary around there. Maybe they can give you some insight, whether making a post here or sending me the information via message on FB.
Thank you Wendy.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:19 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We stayed in the wicklow mountains area. Verry pretty.close to the mountains.and close to the coast.so much to see
Old 05-31-2017, 03:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Your clothing list sounds fine. Definitely bring the hoody, you'll probably need it. The weather can be so unpredictable that you're probably best dressed in layers, so you can easily add or remove something as needed. But bear in mind, that while it could be pretty warm, it's also likely to be raining at the same time!! So you may want to rethink the footwear, and the raincoat is a must If you use the Google maps app, I've always found it to be up to date. I've always relied on that and never used a GPS so I can't help with that. Hopefully you'll get some nice weather for the few days you're here anyway.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy257 View Post
Your clothing list sounds fine. Definitely bring the hoody, you'll probably need it. The weather can be so unpredictable that you're probably best dressed in layers, so you can easily add or remove something as needed. But bear in mind, that while it could be pretty warm, it's also likely to be raining at the same time!! So you may want to rethink the footwear, and the raincoat is a must If you use the Google maps app, I've always found it to be up to date. I've always relied on that and never used a GPS so I can't help with that. Hopefully you'll get some nice weather for the few days you're here anyway.
thank you Lizzy! I wasn't going to bring my flip flops as I will be walking a lot that was just in reference to temperature.

That's good to know about the GPS, I was considering just using my phone. I can use my phone plan over there for $10 a day (my currency) so I will have access to my data package.