Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-30-2020, 09:47 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default July 2020: Passport FAQ

If you have any questions regarding THIS month's Passport challenges, please post them here.

We have a wonderful team and community here at SSD....
so someone is sure to get back to you ASAP with answers to anything and everything related to our Passport Challenge System!

Here is a list of this month's challenge prompts for easy reference:

#1. One Little Word : Companionship
You can use this word as/in your title work, within your journaling, or simply let it inspire the direction of your layout.

#2. Product : Word Strips
Scrap a page featuring a creative use of word strips.

#3. Featured : Meg + KCB
Our featured designer articles have been expanded since we started our alphabet inspired series, and are showcased on the blog each time a new designer goes into the spotlight. Your challenge is to use any solo product from one of our featured designers this month PLUS discover something from either Wendy or Cindy's interviews this month to use as inspiration for a layout, be sure to tell us what inspired you in your gallery comments!

The following are a few ideas on how you may glean inspiration from a FD interview... Using this interview with Meg [featured in December] ... You might be inspired by the red and white cookie jars in her kitchen to scrap a red & white layout. Maybe you'd like to include the quote she shared “The Best Thing About Memories Is Making Them” on your page, maybe you were inspired by the letter “G” to scrap your own OLW starting with the letter G... or perhaps you might simply want to lift one of the layouts created by the Babes to show off the FD freebie. It’s totally up to YOU to decide how you'd want to be loosely inspired by one of our FD blog posts.

#4. Inspired By : Photostrips
Scrap a page that features a fun use of photostrips.

#5. List : Top 5 Childhood Friendships
Create a page that reflects on your favorite friendships from childhood.

#6. Leaving Love :
Leave love on 15 layouts in the gallery and then post the link to each in your tracker thread.
Create your own place marker by using your favorite layout you've left love for during the month to "hold" that spot on your card ♥
Right click on a page in the gallery and save... follow by resizing this saved image to 97 X 97 before adding it to your Passport tracker image.

#7. Photography : Friendly Snapshots
Use the following tips to inspire some meaningful photos with friends.
Photographing People - https://www.artifactuprising.com/pho...-on-the-iphone

#8. Quote : Your Vibe Attracts Your Tribe
You can creatively incorporate quotes into your page as titles, using journal cards or including the quote within your journaling.

#9. Seasonal : International Joke Day
Scrap a page that celebrates the laughter shared with friends.

#10. Typography : RWA Friendish Font
Download and use this font on one of your layouts this month.

#11. Wild Card : Scrap anything you'd like for this challenge ♥

#12. Composition : Sunrays
This month I'd love for you to be inspired by sunrays in the design composition of your page.

#13. Journal : Meaningful Friendships
Meaningful friendships provide powerful influences. How has one of your friendships altered your life experience.

#14. Currently : Face Timing...
How have you stayed electronically connected with friends during quarantine.

#15. Color : Scrap with this month’s color swatch.
It should be obvious that the page you've created was inspired by the colors featured in the swatch image posted below.
** You don’t necessarily have to use all of the colors shown [use 2, or 3, or all 5] **

#16. Pop Culture : 25+ Years of Friends
Television shows that center around friendships have such a wonderfully quirky way of infiltrating our lives. Create a page that's inspired by one of your favorites. Be it a particular series, episode and/or how you and your friends enjoy these shows together.

#17. Details : Clipping Masks
Create a page that features a variety of clipping masks.

#18. Scraplift : Hosted on the Blog
On the first Sunday of each month, Sugarbabe Kim E. will host an inspiring Scraplift Challenge on the SSD Blog.
You have the entire month to play along and complete your page.

To keep in mind while you're scrapping...
These prompts are written and created with fairly broad themes/concepts in mind and I think that personal interpretation is key. You can certainly approach a prompt literally, or I encourage you to think about it in a different way ... take a creative approach on ways to apply prompts so that they'll work for you and your family.

Last edited by lingovise; 07-01-2020 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't seem to see the image of the tracker on the Passport to Friendship post. I see the images here, though.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I can't seem to see the image of the tracker on the Passport to Friendship post. I see the images here, though.
Nevermind, I could view it in a different browser but not Firefox.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would love some suggestions on the color swatch...I have BOYS, not my usual color swatch to scrap with here. It is beautiful but help.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:49 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Ideas for how to use it, or ideas for kits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
I would love some suggestions on the color swatch...I have BOYS, not my usual color swatch to scrap with here. It is beautiful but help.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:47 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Please remember that you do not have to use all five colors of the swatch to complete the challenge. You could create a layout using only the creamy white and black swatches as inspiration, if you’d like to go that route... or the heather blue and white, Or/and black
Old 07-01-2020, 04:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowens View Post
Ideas for how to use it, or ideas for kits?
Kits ideas...I am still growing my SSD stash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingovise View Post
Please remember that you do not have to use all five colors of the swatch to complete the challenge. You could create a layout using only the creamy white and black swatches as inspiration, if you’d like to go that route... or the heather blue and white, Or/and black
Thanks... Good ideas
Old 07-01-2020, 04:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Here are several kits I found that can work for boy pages. Hope that helps!

Old 07-01-2020, 07:39 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
If you leave the pink out it would be boyish, the purple is almost a grey but you could leave the purple out too.
Old 07-04-2020, 03:12 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Ah, ok. I was about to give you page ideas; glad I asked for clarification first. I always struggle to pick out a kit for the color challenge and usually wind up scrolling through the inspiration thread and the challenge gallery for kit ideas.

Quote:
Kits ideas...I am still growing my SSD stash.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:15 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Alternatively, you could scrap a page about yourself. Bet your kids would love to know some interesting things you've done in your life!
Old 07-04-2020, 01:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingovise View Post
[center]

#14. Currently : Face Timing...
How have you stayed electronically connected with friends during quarantine.
I don't facetime, zoom or anything like that. I'm sure that's no shocker to anyone here!

I call my mom every day, but have done that LONG before Covid. I text my friends through messenger, but again, been doing that before Covid. Nothing has really changed communicating with people because we've always been so far away from our friends/loved ones

Would this fall under me picking up playing a video game with my daughter and her friends, trying to bond during social distancing? That's about the only thing I can think of for this challenge
Old 07-04-2020, 02:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I don't facetime, zoom or anything like that. I'm sure that's no shocker to anyone here!

I call my mom every day, but have done that LONG before Covid. I text my friends through messenger, but again, been doing that before Covid. Nothing has really changed communicating with people because we've always been so far away from our friends/loved ones

Would this fall under me picking up playing a video game with my daughter and her friends, trying to bond during social distancing? That's about the only thing I can think of for this challenge
I'd say yes, this meets the brief. While it's not facetiming, it is staying electronically connected.
Old 07-08-2020, 06:34 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

For #7, we are still quarantining in our house, so new photos with friends aren't happening this month. I could apply the tips to take photos of my kids, or I could use old photos with friends that I select based on these tips. Which would be preferable, or would either be fine?
Old 07-08-2020, 10:14 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowens View Post
For #7, we are still quarantining in our house, so new photos with friends aren't happening this month. I could apply the tips to take photos of my kids, or I could use old photos with friends that I select based on these tips. Which would be preferable, or would either be fine?
Either will be fine, Nikki
Old 07-09-2020, 12:58 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Either will be fine, Nikki
Sweet! Thank you!