Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-07-2011, 05:50 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default Help! No more digital scrapbooks at Shutterfly?

I've been trying to print a little book about my daughter's birthday at Shutterfly but couldn't find the links for starting a digital scrapbook. I've printed with them before but they've changed their site a bit since my last order. I was e-mailing with customer service and they would provide me with links to specifications that were not helpful and I kept trying to explain that I wanted to upload artwork for all pages and parts of the cover, including front, back and spine. They have finally e-mailed me back to say that they "removed the option" when they launched their new customizable templates. I can still upload my pages but it seems like I can no longer upload the cover.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem with them? Do you know if it is still possible to print fully custom scrapbooks there? Can anyone recommend another site for printing albums? I've used WHCC and it was beautiful but expensive. I'm in Canada so that may limit my choices as well. I'm just so disappointed!!

Thanks for any help you're able to provide!
Old 09-07-2011, 06:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just did a Shutterfly album. I just replaced everything with my own layouts (choosing the full bleed photo option on the inside pages). I didn't have any problem doing my own cover. I just used the full bleed option, I think. I know I didn't do it as a digital scrapbook, but just a regular album.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Oh good! Thank you - I was in such a panic when I got the e-mail from their customer service dept this morning because he said the option had been removed to do a custom cover! I am so relieved to know that I can still do it - I will do what you're saying and just print a regular book but with the full-bleed photo option. When I tried, I was able to do it for the pages but not the cover but I'll try another style and see if that makes a difference. Thank you for your help!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKim View Post
I just did a Shutterfly album. I just replaced everything with my own layouts (choosing the full bleed photo option on the inside pages). I didn't have any problem doing my own cover. I just used the full bleed option, I think. I know I didn't do it as a digital scrapbook, but just a regular album.
I think I read somewhere that they will be getting read of the full bleed option on January 1st. I hope not, because I love shutterfly... I will probably use blurb if they do.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

They'll be losing a lot of customers if they do that. I want a customized page not something plain! I have about 25 pages left to do from my Project 365 last year and it has a custom cover that I WANT, so I guess I better get on it!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:03 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Geez, shutterfly... why would you alienate your digi scrapping community? I understand that they want to push their "premades", but a print order is a print order... as expensive as they are to begin with... :/
Old 09-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKim View Post
This is what I always do, because I don't order without a coupon & usually they won't work on the digital scrapbooks. So, yeah, this totally works & is super easy to do!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlathrall View Post
I think I read somewhere that they will be getting read of the full bleed option on January 1st. I hope not, because I love shutterfly... I will probably use blurb if they do.
Are you serious?!! Yeah, they will lose SO many customers! Not a smart move at all!!
Old 09-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I certainly hope that doesn't happen!! How could they think that digital scrapbookers will just use their new templates just because now you can move the text around and add some of their limited number of elements? That's crazy!
Old 09-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Someone pointed me to this topic to help out.

I have a post on my blog that shows how to do the All New Custom Path. I haven't heard they are getting rid of the Digi Scrap options. But, then again, they don't really consult me. LOL

Check out page 2 here for the video tutorial.
http://www.wendyzinescraps.com/blog/page/2/

If you need an "international" option, MyPicTales offers full bleed books and does ship to Canada.

If anyone ever has questions about specs and printers, let me know. I'm happy to help if I can.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks... I think I dreamed about reading that shutterfly was getting rid of that option, because I can't find the article now. Oh well, I hope they don't, because I like printing through them.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I sure hope they don't do that! I don't use them often, but do like their quality. Another site to check out is viovio.com. I've printed my project 365 albums and calendars with them and was very happy (but I print 10x10 which didn't have a complete cover option before).

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlathrall View Post
Thanks... I think I dreamed about reading that shutterfly was getting rid of that option, because I can't find the article now. Oh well, I hope they don't, because I like printing through them.
I checked the digital scrapbooking section that they have, and the books are gone.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:59 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I use viovio.com, cheaper than shutterfly & just as nice
Old 09-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I checked the digital scrapbooking section that they have, and the books are gone.
I'm not sure if you need a dedicated scrapbook section now that they have the custom path ability. Doesn't that allow you to make one "photo" as a full page?
Old 09-08-2011, 04:10 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

www.blurb.com
Old 09-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post
I'm not sure if you need a dedicated scrapbook section now that they have the custom path ability. Doesn't that allow you to make one "photo" as a full page?
Yes, you can choose to have a full-page photo and use a layout. I am happy to report that I was able to use my pages in the Custom Path function and fully customize the spine as well - phew!

Thanks for all the help, everyone!