Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default ebookr

Have any of you used this site? (ebookr.com) It's like netflix for ebooks!! I just signed up yesterday....and now I have about 40 new books on my kindle (its also good for any ereaders). OH BABY!! LOL

I am thinking of just signing up for 1 month and then cancelling, and then signing up again 4 or 5 months down the road.

ps - I am not getting anything from this site - just thought I would share with fellow bookies!!

Old 01-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

ps - the January book - Happiness Project - is on this site!

Old 01-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

How much does it cost.. and do the books expire off your device?
Old 01-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm looking at it right now, it says you can upgrade to an unlimited account for $9.95 but when I click on upgrade it says $14.95 so it's different for some reason?? The FAQ does say the books are yours to keep once they are on your device. The selection for the free trial is really limited, you can only download what's on the popular searches page.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:33 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I'm curious about this. How could they possibly have the rights to offer all these books for free - or even for the nominal fee? Especially if they aren't loans but are for people to keep? I'm kind of suspicious. But, if it's legit, it sure would be nice, cause I see several books there that I'd love to have.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm kinda wondering the same things Lydia...exactly how legit is this site??
Old 01-02-2012, 03:56 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

This is from their FAQ:

"What is the difference between verified and unverified books?

The "verified" column indicates that the person who posted the book has proofread it for errors, or has otherwise vouched for its quality. It's not a 100% guarantee, but its a good indicator nonetheless. If you see multiple instances of the same book title, your best bet is to download one with the "verified" checkmark."

I don't think there is any way that this is a legitimate enterprise. Just did some Googling, and there's plenty of evidence that they are removing DRM, which is illegal. Libraries pay A LOT of money to get the rights to loan these books. There's no way these guys have obtained the rights to give them away for free or for such a small fee, and in a way where you could share them endlessly with others.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wondered that too, actually (how they could be so cheap). I guess we will see....I hope the authors are not getting ripped off either. Although I have heard that digital books have super low commissions (wrong word...just having a brain fart) to the authors in the first place. Much lower than a paper book.

not sure on the price difference - I have always seen 14.95..

Old 02-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I am really late to this party. I just started looking into this stuff. I also looked up reviews and there are authors out on the web discussing how their books are out on ebookr.com without permission. Wouldn't be too sure they will be online too much longer. Did your books work? The closest thing I had found so far was the Ebook Exchange. Seems to me this one too didn't quite have the spirit intended in the "lend a friend a book" from nook and kindle which this site takes advantage of. It also looks like mostly the books are free friday from nook or the Amazon freebies. I have been looking for something like Netflix. If you find anything else please post! I like http://www.pixelofink.com/ that site sends you a list of free books on Amazon for the day. I have downloaded up to 6 a day.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

After I thought about the ebookr thing for a bit (it was recommended by a friend, so I sort of just jumped on excitedly at first) I realized that it probably wasnt good, so I cancelled my sub. I had already downloaded a few book, and they have all worked, although some of them have funny parts where the font is weird in places, but that's it.

I have been following pixelofink on facebook and download sometimes from their links when I see something I like.