Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-27-2008, 08:42 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb
Default December Daily Album??

So, we all know I'm more than a little obsessed with Ali Edwards.
The next time we have a normal week at home I'm definitely doing the week in life album (the one that Aggie posted about here) .

So today she made her first post about her December Daily Album. Anyone else going to do one of these? I'm totally loving the idea, and it's an excuse to use up all those pretty papers I've been hoarding for 3 years The holidays are so busy for us, I think it would be fun to do this every year and see the traditions grow and change and all that jazz. Mine will be more than 25 days, cuz we do Christmas on New Years with whichever family we didn't see on the 25th (we still alternate holidays since we don't have kids and can't tell our parents to come to us ), but I'm still really excited to give it a try!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Well, you know I won't do a hybrid album, but the idea itself is awesome, and I might join you, Col. Someone had a series of digital templates for it last year (was it Katie Pertiet?! not sure!) that would be easy to use for us digiheads.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:53 AM

profile gallery send pm

True that woman! I'm probably going to make mine hybrid, in that I'll dress up some of the pictures I take and use them as pages on their own.

I love the holidays
Old 10-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh!! I got my Christmas Daily December album done too - got em Shutterfly-ed and that was the first time my husband actually got impressed with the "long hours I do at the computer" LOL

As much as I want to go hybrid, my supplies are limited and it would be cheaper all around for me to just do a photobook. I might just paste some DVD inserts and letters when the photobook comes.

Maybe someone at SSD will do December Daily tempaltes
Old 10-27-2008, 10:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OMG, I love this idea! I'm interested in trying to make it hybrid though, but still set up ahead of time, like she talks about.

And Col, I totally plan to do the week in the life album too!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:47 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Jessica Sprague had a daily December template on her blog here last year:

http://spraguelab.squarespace.com/bl...ini-album.html

www.byrdsblessings.com
Old 10-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have done something similar for the last 2 years now and really enjoyed it. I have taken a class by Shimelle (can't get her website to work right now - sorry) and it's been lots of fun. Something similar to what Ali does only this has been for 36 days instead. I have come away with an album that I have really liked.

Here's my finished album for Christmas 2006

And here's Christmas 2007

(all the inside pages are also displayed on my blog if you hunt in the Dec/Jan posts)

I liked the look of Ali's album last year already (have the pages prepared) and I'm sure I will be doing a Christmas album this year too. Whether I will follow Shimelle's class, Ali's instructions or do something in between, I have not decided yet.

Glitter Adventure - My Blog

Old 10-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie Aviso View Post
Oh!! I got my Christmas Daily December album done too - got em Shutterfly-ed and that was the first time my husband actually got impressed with the "long hours I do at the computer" LOL

As much as I want to go hybrid, my supplies are limited and it would be cheaper all around for me to just do a photobook. I might just paste some DVD inserts and letters when the photobook comes.

I LOVE your album from last year, I especially like your honest and open journaling! I want to try it this year!

Old 10-27-2008, 02:15 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Mama-to-Elle

I'd love to give it a try, but it would def have to be all digi.... I wonder if i could pull it off....
The ever FABULOUS Lauren Grier
Old 10-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

oooh sounds fun!!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 02:57 PM

profile gallery send pm

Anso and Aggie, thanks so much for sharing yours!! Now I'm totally in the mood to get started making one of my own
Old 10-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I didn't get as far as Anso or Aggie but you can see the nine pages I did finish here.

I was doing mine based on Shimelle's prompts which I really love and will probably do again. I just love how she has daily inspiration sent directly to your email. My issue last year was I was spending all my scrapping time doing the journal pages and I just didn't have that time to commit everyday. I'm definitely thinking this year I'll do something more along the lines of Ali's and have at least the basic format of the pages done so they won't take me as long.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Thanks everyone for the links and inspiration!!! I hadn't even thought about doing this, but I have soooo much planned this december that I know I'll be taking photos of, it shouldn't be any problem to complete sometime in January!
Hmm... now to wait for the Sweet Shoppe to come out with this years crop of Christmas kits.

My Etsy Shop
Proud to be creating for :
Old 10-27-2008, 05:43 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing one too, I have started other years and stressed too much about it being perfect and quit. So this year I'm just going to let it flow and if I miss a day, so what!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie Aviso View Post

And Aggie your printed book has totally inspired me to get it done this year! Thank you for sharing it!!
Old 10-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Dia! What really helped me get the album done is to take pictures, even if they get blurry and look like cr*p, once they are together, they look good together so I dont even bother editing them LOL. And you noticed I missed 28 and 29? I just journaled on the pages and it was easier

Im thinking what would be my format this year. Im challenged to do rectangular pages because I can scrap 6x9 on a page and I can write on the pages after. Let us see.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

wow those albums are beautiful...makes me want to try this out...i'm sure i could complete it sometime in january too...
Old 10-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm planning to do an album this year (and I really hope we can get a little SSD group of people together here to share because I KNOW I'll be tempted to slack! LOL). It's DH and my last Christmas as a two-some and there are lots of traditions and memories I want to get down on "paper" from our lives before I'm completely obsessed with scrapping the little one.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to incorporate things...possibly some sort of "Past, Present and Future" Christmas album in Ali's "Week in the Life" style. I'm thinking about using this album- American Crafts Cherry 8.5x11 Corduroy. I'd set up most things ahead of time using both digi and paper supplies so I just have the "present" photos and journaling to do each day in December. My head is spinning!!

Anyone know where I can find some great Christmas journaling prompts? Shimelle's site looks great, but I'm not sure I can swing the $30 for that plus the album, supplies, printing costs right now.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:55 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Aggie! I vow to use carpy (switch the a and r around in that word, lol)
this year and not worry about it.

Teresa I've done classes before and got hung up on not wanting to do that prompt for that day. Like one page (say Dec 3) about December weather, but nothing happened on that day and then 2 days later a big snowstorm. So I was thinking of just making my own list and then pick and choose whatever topic fits that particular day.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

How is everyone thinking of binding your albums? Are you doing hybrid? traditional scrapbooks? I was just looking at the viovio site, and the soft-cover printed books look cute AND affordable! I'm thinking 8.5 x 8.5 might be a perfect size.... I think it comes out to be about $12.

My Etsy Shop
Old 10-28-2008, 07:44 AM

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to try and get the same album that Ali is using. I'm gonna treat myself to it. I've been drooling over the D Reeves product for months now, so I'm gonna say Merry Christmas Me! and get it Once it comes back in stock anyway
Old 10-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I did Shimelle's class last year & really enjoyed it. I did end up with all 36 pages but I didn't get them finished until the end of january. I didn't necessarily do them in order either. If I had nothing to go with that prompt I put it aside until I did. The nice thing was they were mostly not date specific so you could shift them around. I'll probably be doing it again this year but since I will be unable to actually scrap for 10 days in December I won't finish again until the end of january.

I'm already going through my templates, picking out ones I like. I used her sketches sometimes but last year I found myself spending a lot of time going through my templates. I've started kaboodling Christmas kits, to go with the ones I have from last year. Once her prompts start arriving I should be good to go. The best part for me is once you pay for the class, its free every year after that.

Last edited by Stacey42; 10-28-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodoNY0123 View Post
I'm going to try and get the same album that Ali is using. I'm gonna treat myself to it. I've been drooling over the D Reeves product for months now, so I'm gonna say Merry Christmas Me! and get it Once it comes back in stock anyway
Ali added this to her blog to order the albums directly just in case you don't want to wait until they get back in stock!
Old 10-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I seriously want to do this. I stared at it all day yesterday and for a large part of the morning today...I am fairly confident I am going to do mine all dig, so this won't really be an issue for me...but I couldn't help but wonder...she added baseball card pages, pockets, etc randomly through her book. How can she know what days she will have items for those and what days she wont? (ephemera, etc)?

kit used for siggie "Kona Coast" by Julie Billingsley
Old 10-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

so... how long do you think it'll be before our beloved designers here put out new Christmas kits? I know a few have already hit the stores... what Christmas kits are on your wish lists everyone?

My Etsy Shop
Old 10-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizAmyLou View Post
I seriously want to do this. I stared at it all day yesterday and for a large part of the morning today...I am fairly confident I am going to do mine all dig, so this won't really be an issue for me...but I couldn't help but wonder...she added baseball card pages, pockets, etc randomly through her book. How can she know what days she will have items for those and what days she wont? (ephemera, etc)?
See this is where I get stuck too. I love the idea of different sized pages, pockets, etc., but how do I know what day I'll need what size? And what if I come up with a great story and it doesn't fit the design I already did? See, there's a reason I only managed to get 9 pages done last year.

My guess is she just figures she'll adapt whatever story she wants to tell to the pages she's already created and if she needs more room she'll just add in another photo as a page or a journal tag or something. I think the idea is to just go with the flow and not worry about having the "right" page/item. (Must repeat this to self. ) Plus most of the ephemera type things she's used seem to be pretty generic so I imagine they'd fit with pretty much whatever she chose to do that day.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:08 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
Ali added this to her blog to order the albums directly just in case you don't want to wait until they get back in stock!
YAY! I was out of the office all day so I hadn't had a chance to check her blog (checked here first ) so thanks for posting T!! WOOT!

Amy and Lynette, don't forget that Ali does almost all of her albums with binder rings. So everything is able to be moved around and switched up etc etc. Plus, she's the queen of "go with the flow", so we all know that helps

If you want to use the pocket pages, put what picture you have in it, and fill the rest with paper pieces and maybe some journaling.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scrappinsweetie

i REALLLY want to do this. we are going to try some new traditions this year to go with the new house and in a way our new lives. we are keeping most of the old ones but normally december started out with a b-day party for my dh and our cat mouse. mouse isn't with us anymore so it was a sad day last year although we did try to do a b-day party for daddy but both kids were kinda down in the dumps, plus they were pretty upset we weren't home for x-mas. i vow this year to make it a better year and a HAPPY holiday this year i think this is just what i need, although i am sure i will be doing it all digi..LOL
Old 10-28-2008, 03:07 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

I really want to do it too. I just need a kick in the ass. Col? LOL
Old 10-28-2008, 03:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Okay, I've thought abt this some more now, Col.

I think I'm going to choose one of the template albums I already own (or maybe even use Ali's Week In the Life templates!) and then go through my stash and pick 1-2 Christmas kits, a sparkly gold or silver alpha, & my very favoritest stitches and staples. I don't really care abt the continuity when it comes to matching, but it will be much more likely I will complete it if I don't have to think when I do the pages, kwim?

I'm also going to be going with a seasonal book from day after Thanksgiving through possibly NYE, so I may lump a couple days up here 'n' there if I need to.

We'll be putting up Christmas decorations at my mom's house the day after Thanksgiving (a huge childhood tradition for me) and may well celebrate Christmas after the actual day with my parents and/or Jeff's son depending on what his visitation schedule is going to be, so I can't leave those things out just because they technically fall outside the definition of the book.

This will be Jeff's and my first Christmas engaged/living together/a 'real' family with his son, so it will be neat to document the traditions we start following as they are happening.

This will be fun!
Old 10-28-2008, 03:46 PM

profile gallery send pm

YAY LeeAndra!! I love that!! My book will be more than just the 25 days too

Sara I'll totally kick your ass, you know that

Ali updated her post from yesterday to say that D Reeves is no longer producing albums, so I don't think the one I want is gonna come back in stock, and it's not on their blog. I'm gonna come up with something else. I'm thinking of covering some book board pieces I have with fun christmas fabrics
Old 10-28-2008, 07:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Ali updated her post from yesterday to say that D Reeves is no longer producing albums, so I don't think the one I want is gonna come back in stock, and it's not on their blog. I'm gonna come up with something else. I'm thinking of covering some book board pieces I have with fun christmas fabrics

Oh man, what a bummer! I was considering this too, but now I think I'm back to an 8.5x11 Ding album...then I can keep adding new stories and make it more of a Christmas album than just for 1 year...still gotta think!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:07 PM

profile gallery send pm

Yea, totally bummed about that I want it to be more like a mini album, than a reular size album. I know for me, that's more managable to complete than a bigger sized album.

The hunt continues.......
Old 10-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yea, totally bummed about that I want it to be more like a mini album, than a reular size album. I know for me, that's more managable to complete than a bigger sized album.

The hunt continues.......
I've been peeking around 2peas...how about one of these maybe?

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/shop...?c=21&f=c&pg=7
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/shop/60572/
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/shop...c=21&f=c&pg=10
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/shop...c=21&f=c&pg=18
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/shop...c=21&f=c&pg=26

Fun colored binder rings- these are cool!
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/shop/63068/
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/shop/63071/
Old 10-28-2008, 08:44 PM

profile gallery send pm

Awwww T! You didn't have to go lookin for me! Thank you so much! I love some of those, and those binder rings are great!!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm on the hunt too. It'd be cool to have a bunch of us doing the same one! I didn't even know they made colored binder rings. LOL
Old 10-28-2008, 09:09 PM

profile gallery send pm

I wish they weren't sold out of Basic Grey's new Wassail collectiong @ 2peas. I really want that one. I need to look at what I have though, christmas wise. I'm probably gonna pull things together next week.

I like the silver damask cover set from the second link.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOL, I almost posted that one too.

I was looking at the Basic Grey collections too (not sure if I can put a hodge podge of things together and make it look right). I don't have any paper Christmas supplies...how sad! They have some of the Wassail stuff on eBay, but I'm not sure how competitive the prices are...
Old 10-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm really wanting to do this project, will have to see if I can pull all the stuff together to actually get it done though

Last edited by Shawna; 10-28-2008 at 10:17 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I want to do this too. I really like how Ali has a hodge podge of stuff in her album. I'd love to do something similar.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:29 AM

profile gallery send pm

I have a feeling I'm going to spend all day wandering around the net looking for pretty christmas-y things to buy for this album. I REALLY need to pull out my christmas box and see what I have to work with first, lol.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Are you guys thinking about going strictly digital or hybrid or ::gasp:: paper???
Old 10-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It seems like the december one would work better hybrid or paper... well, not really I guess, but it'd be more fun to make those pages without pictures than digital ones.

I think I'm going to pass on this one this year (I think... I'm still reading and thinking about it) but I want to do the other one and if I do, it will be all digital. I don't have enough supplies.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:21 AM

profile gallery send pm

Mine will be mostly paper, with some hybrid elements to it. I might take some of the photos I take and make them a page of their own with a pretty frame and journaling right on it. That's about as hybrid as it will get for me.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Mine will be ALL digital this year. I'll get it printed as a small photobook. I know that with all that I have going on, and financially, that's all I can swing. Maybe another year after I have the hang of this, I can do something more elaborate.

My Etsy Shop
Old 10-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I dug into my paper supplies today, and I think I am going to do it mostly paper...with some hybrid elements. I found this album in my stash..I had bought it at michael's with a coupon. I am thinking of taking out the posts and using it with binder rings..

I like how pretty it is...not sure if I am going to cover it or not, what do you think? Will it work? should I cover it?

Old 10-29-2008, 04:53 PM

profile gallery send pm

Dont' know how I missed your post Aaron! I think that album is GREAT! I think it's cute as is, and I would probably do the binder rings too, and maybe add a little chipboard christmas tree to the front.

I'm really like this album......but maybe just in general and not for the dec daily.....haven't decided......
http://store.scrapbook.com/cls-csamix.html
Old 10-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

i really wanna do it, full out paper scrap if i did with some hybrid. however, ali is just too good. like we were talking about the other day...totally intimidates me!
Old 10-29-2008, 05:06 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyfizzy View Post
i really wanna do it, full out paper scrap if i did with some hybrid. however, ali is just too good. like we were talking about the other day...totally intimidates me!
Am I gonna have to kick your butt like I did Amy's?

Who said your book has to be anything like Ali's? Who said what you put together won't be amazing and something your family will cherish for years to come? Who said you aren't good enough?

I won't stand for any of this "I'm not good enough" nonsense gosh darnit!!
Old 10-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

lol, col! your so passionate. i've grasped that i'll never be as good as ali, but that's not good enough for me...lol! maybe a shock of paper scrapping goodness will flow over me and i'll have the nerve to pull up my big girl panties and give it a try...but only of course if i feel it will look wicked good.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:14 PM

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to badger you into doing this, FYI. I'm gonna ask you everyday if you started working on the project until you give in.

If you WANT to do it then flippin DO IT! You're killin me smalls!