Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-04-2013, 03:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Book Inventory app?

Do anyone use a book inventory app? I'm overflowing in books for kiddo when I go to Goodwill or rummage sales... I'm surprised I don't have more duplicates than I do have now... haha.

I tried using one - Library Thing... but it's manual entry and I don't want to buy a separate scanner to scan in the book's bar codes... plus it would be nice to have it on my iphone... does anyone use one that they like?
Old 03-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I keep track of my books through GoodReads. It's not exclusively for book inventories, but I use it that way as well as to keep track of books I want to read but don't own yet. I think you can use your phone's camera to scan barcodes, but my camera doesn't handle barcodes well so I've never done it.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:12 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I use a desktop program called Delicious Library 2 . . . so it's not for your phone or ipad or anything like that, but on your computer. You can use it for books, movies, CDs, anything like that. You just scan the bar code, and it in goes. We love it!

http://www.delicious-monster.com

Old 03-05-2013, 02:15 AM

profile gallery send pm

Ooops - looks like Delicious Library 2 is only for Mac. Have you convinced your hubby to make the switch, yet?

Old 03-05-2013, 06:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltarbox View Post
I use a desktop program called Delicious Library 2 . . . so it's not for your phone or ipad or anything like that, but on your computer. You can use it for books, movies, CDs, anything like that. You just scan the bar code, and it in goes. We love it!

http://www.delicious-monster.com
This looks great, Lydia! We don't have a lot of books, but we do have a huge collection of music and movies. Unfortunately, we haven't kept the cases for most of our CD's, DVD's and video games so the initial input would take a long time
Old 03-05-2013, 08:35 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Ooops - looks like Delicious Library 2 is only for Mac. Have you convinced your hubby to make the switch, yet?
hahaha.... we visited the Milwaukee Apple store when we were on mini va-ca last weekend - eek! Last summer when my mom couldn't take all the problems with her Dell, he (MY HUBBY!!) convinced her to go to Mac... he said he is sick of fixing everyone's computers and the next computers we by for the house will be Macs! yippie!! Now... just need to save up the moola and decide if I can get by with a desktop vs. laptop...

Thanks, ladies!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:49 AM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
hahaha.... we visited the Milwaukee Apple store when we were on mini va-ca last weekend - eek! Last summer when my mom couldn't take all the problems with her Dell, he (MY HUBBY!!) convinced her to go to Mac... he said he is sick of fixing everyone's computers and the next computers we by for the house will be Macs! yippie!! Now... just need to save up the moola and decide if I can get by with a desktop vs. laptop...

Thanks, ladies!
Wow! I didn't think the day would ever come. Sounds a lot like my hubby, though. We only have one PC in the house anymore . . . and 3 Macs.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I downloaded the trial and I'm playing around with it. It seems like it would be very useful and easy to use. Even having to type in the names of the movies/music we already have is easier than I thought it would be with the lookup feature.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:33 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Wow! I didn't think the day would ever come. Sounds a lot like my hubby, though. We only have one PC in the house anymore . . . and 3 Macs.
guys! My hubby was so anti-apple products until he got his iPad last summer... now we switched to iphones in the fall... and he is plotting out when to start replacing the computers with other apple products... and my step dad is even worse... he is totally on the apple bandwagon since my mom got her new mac... he got an ipad (did he get that before the Mac? I don't remember)... and they now got apple tv... *sigh* and I had been the one asking to go Mac for 10 years!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:54 AM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
guys! My hubby was so anti-apple products until he got his iPad last summer... now we switched to iphones in the fall... and he is plotting out when to start replacing the computers with other apple products... and my step dad is even worse... he is totally on the apple bandwagon since my mom got her new mac... he got an ipad (did he get that before the Mac? I don't remember)... and they now got apple tv... *sigh* and I had been the one asking to go Mac for 10 years!
Hehe - well, better late than never I guess, right? And, BTW . . . don't even get me started on Apple TVs. We LOVE ours!!!

K - sorry for hijacking your thread. Did you find something to keep track of your books? Lol.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

not yet... I'm hoping for one that is an app on the phone and also connected to the web... don't ask for much, right? hahah I'll do a google search and see if anything like this is out there...
Old 07-12-2013, 01:15 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Yep Im a Goodreads member and keep track of my books there