Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-21-2020, 08:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Thumbs up Calendar Suggestions...

I need suggestions from your talented minds...

I create a calendar each year for my mom and MIL..mostly MIL though.
I have been doing it for 14 yrs now I think...It started off old school paper scrapbook type..then 8.5x11 printed now I am doing 4x6 printed...I gave them clear magnetic frames that stick to the fridge so they can see them every day.
In years past I have done photos from the previous years and maybe sprinkled in an old photo or two. As I did in 2018...This year however I got creative and decided to do a theme. We have traveled a lot over the years so I decided to do a National Park/Monument/Forest theme and did a park a month skipping July bc my youngest turned 10...I did a decade of him like I did with his brother in previous years....So this brings me to this year....Each year I feel like I have to top the next. LOL Any help?!

Old 10-21-2020, 10:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

They look great! What's your photo situation for 2020? I know that a lot of people are feeling like they have fewer photos, so that may influence what you do. You could keep it simple and focus on a particular person each month. The other months might be a family photo, a group photo, a sibling photo, etc. Do you have any other series of travel photos you'd want to use?

I still do calendars, too, but I combine photos from my family, my sister's family, my brother's family, and my parents. My parents like to have everyone together in one calendar. I do one page for the kids in each branch, 1 page for the kids and adults in each branch together (and for my parents' page it's them alone and with grandkids), 1 page of the kids dressed up for Halloween, 1 page of all the cousins, 1 photo of all 15 of us, 1 page of just the adults, and then 1 or 2 other themes depending on what we have that year.
Old 10-21-2020, 11:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Can't top that...I do a calendar for my mom (and order a second copy for myself ) and I'm boring-- just pick random photos from the same month from the previous year (so Jan 2021 will have a picture from Jan 2020, etc.)
Old 10-21-2020, 11:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My sister doesn't do much in the way of photos and my SIL's kids are grownish (18 and 21)...
So...this year photos are hit and miss...As far as people..there are 4 of us. Me, hubby and my two boys. My family lives in VA, we are in TX...We only see them at holidays and once in the summer.

We had a few milestones this year..16 and driving for the big kid which I will put on his birthday month probably. He will be a senior next year....Also this is the baby's last year of elementary so I will highlight that next year in some way probably August for the baby and September for the senior since it is his bday month.
Old 10-21-2020, 11:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
Can't top that...I do a calendar for my mom (and order a second copy for myself ) and I'm boring-- just pick random photos from the same month from the previous year (so Jan 2021 will have a picture from Jan 2020, etc.)
Rebecca, this is how I used to do it...then I started to get creative! LOL I may go back to this for 2021 though if I can't get a better idea. I make copies for myself and my boys too...they keep one in their rooms. They love them.
Old 10-22-2020, 05:42 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

These look great! I love the idea of a theme for the year. Maybe just your favorite photos from the year? Silly faces? Holiday fun?

I pick a really easy route with calendars and use my already completed scrapbook pages, lol. Shutterfly has a blank 12 x12 calendar you can fill with your own stuff. I've been using the pages I make from old photos for my aunts and cousins.

Old 10-22-2020, 07:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oooh, I LOVE them.

Quote:
That's what I do as well.

I used to scrap the calendars myself, but it takes so much extra time. So now I use Kristin and Cindy's quickpage calendars
https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...24&cat=&page=1

Old 10-22-2020, 10:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I also use Kristin and Cindy's quick page calendars. I used to worry about using the same month for that month of the calendar, but now I just try to find a photo from the year that will match the quick page. I mainly do the calendar for my parents, so I take photos of all the grandkids throughout the year so I can include them all in the calendar. There's no rhyme or reason to them, just what looks good with the quick page.

Old 10-22-2020, 10:33 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
This is all I've ever done too. The theme idea is really fun though!
Old 10-22-2020, 12:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I also use Kristin & Cindy's quickpages every time! I think one year I thought I'd just do it myself but then...no calendar

I love Ally's suggestion about putting scrapbook pages I've already made on the Shutterfly blank calendar though!! Hmm...
Old 10-22-2020, 05:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What great ideas, Kimberly!! When I've done them in the past, I would use a photo of the person whose birthday, or anniversary were that month.
Old 10-22-2020, 10:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
What great ideas, Kimberly!! When I've done them in the past, I would use a photo of the person whose birthday, or anniversary were that month.
Before my siblings got married and had kids that's what I used to do, too. Now there are too many of us for that (and too many people sharing birthday and anniversary months--March and October are crazy!). Good problems to have!
Old 10-22-2020, 10:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
We had a few milestones this year..16 and driving for the big kid which I will put on his birthday month probably. He will be a senior next year....Also this is the baby's last year of elementary so I will highlight that next year in some way probably August for the baby and September for the senior since it is his bday month.
I'm in the same position! Youngest is in her last year of elementary this year. Oldest turned 17 this month, started driving in the last year (still with his learner's permit), and is a junior this year. I'm not ready for senior year and no elementary-schoolers milestones!
Old 10-22-2020, 11:07 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
That's a fun idea! Wouldn't work in my family...most of us have July & January birthdays with September in a distant 3rd place, lol!
Old 10-22-2020, 11:24 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

This is what I do as well. Very easy & since I don't print my layouts often, it is fun to see them full size and enjoy them for a month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
I pick a really easy route with calendars and use my already completed scrapbook pages, lol. Shutterfly has a blank 12 x12 calendar you can fill with your own stuff. I've been using the pages I make from old photos for my aunts and cousins.
Old 10-22-2020, 11:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies. I love all the ideas. I have some thinking to do.