Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2010, 11:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Ladies that have had your tubes tied?

Ok, this might be a little TMI?

I had my tubes tied after Cooper, and I have the most awful periods now.

I use a tampon and pad for my flow, its so heavy, pretty much the whole cycle.

I never had that issue before I had my tubes tied, of course I took birth control, but back in high school before I used BC, I never had issues either.

Just wondering if anyone else that's had their tubes tied have this issue. My cramps are even worse now.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Ummm yes. Without going through too many details I go through one of those big boxes of tampons (like 20 regular, 8 super plus & 8 super) each period. I never had that issue before having my tubes tied and I was never on BC so I know what my period was like prior to my tubes being tied but after having kids. Now the pain I did have after having kids but before having my tubes tied but I think it has defenitely gotten worse since having my tubes tied. I have asked my dr and he said having your tubes tied would have no effect on your period. All three of my sister had the same issue after having their tubes tied as did my mom and alot of my friends though so IDK. I think there is a correlation between the two. Maybe not for everybody but it just seems odd that so many women experience the same symptoms and the only real similarity is the tubal.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 04-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I haven't had my tubes tied but ever since I had my second child, which was only a year ago my periods are horrible too, really, really, really heavy, and painful...sigh...speaking of which tylenol is needed, LOL!

Proud to be creating for:

Old 05-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, and I've had 3 c-sections - my doc says its normal. :-( They can put you back on the pill or some other BC to get them back to a reasonable amount.

Mine has gotten so bad he wants to do an endometrial ablation next week. I have to say the idea of no more periods is kind of nice though!

Old 05-01-2010, 12:18 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crecia27 View Post
Yes, and I've had 3 c-sections - my doc says its normal. :-( They can put you back on the pill or some other BC to get them back to a reasonable amount.

Mine has gotten so bad he wants to do an endometrial ablation next week. I have to say the idea of no more periods is kind of nice though!
I want to look into that. My MIL was telling me about it. Maybe.

I'm glad I'm not the only one though. It sucks!
Old 05-01-2010, 12:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had a tubal 3 years ago after Kyle was born and mine have been much heavier since then too. I have to use both for the first 3 days or so, though the last few cycles have gotten a little better and I've noticed I no longer have the cramping like I did right after the tubal. So I think it is finally getting better but it's still super annoying to deal with! I would love to have the Novasure procedure (endometrial ablation) done to completely get rid of my periods since we are for sure done having kids. I just need to talk to my doc about it and find out how much it would cost with our insurance. My Mom had to have a full hysterectomy about 4-5 years ago after dealing with really heavy cycles (so bad she was constantly anemic and had to have a blood transfusion once) for about 15 years after her tubal so I'd like to avoid that if possible.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Susan Bartolini

Yep, me too! I had my tubal almost 4 years ago and my periods have been horrendous ever since. I have to use both pad and a tampon for the first 3 days. Pain has been awful and my mood swings are pretty bad as well. Since losing some weight and exercising, I am feeling a little better.....but I am not sure if that has anything to do with it.

What is endometrial ablation?
Old 05-01-2010, 01:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have never had a tubal, but have always had super bad periods even in highschool. They are now finding there is more to my problems. :/ I would definitely push your doctor to find out why.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Okay, so this thread doesn't give me much hope. I just had my tubes tied after baby #3 & haven't resumed cycling yet.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

V I have read this "situation" over and over again all over the internet on "mommy boards". I think it's a pretty common "side effect". It was enough to scare me away from having my tubes tied!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 05-01-2010, 11:47 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, my mom said she had that issue too. I wish I'd know when I got my tubal. LOL!
Old 05-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It's looking better and better for DH to go in for the snip snip after the baby arrives in late fall. I've given him 4 children...he can do this for me! LOL

Last edited by kim21673; 05-01-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I have heard this from almost everyone I know who have had their tubes tied. I am still on BC because I can't get DH to get his snip done...but I do know I won't be getting my tubes tied. All the stories I read scare me enough LOL!
Old 05-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I feel all your pain everyone! Mine has been AWFUL-every since the first period I had after weaning Landen-it's downright awful!
Old 05-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I guess I must have been lucky! I had my tubes tied almost 5 years ago, and I actually have less pain and feel more "normal" now then before. The only thing I was warned about before the surgery was that menopause might come earlier because of it.