Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2018, 11:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Do you have a folder...

or other way of distinguishing your kits that you have purchased but haven't yet used?? How many kits are in there?

I had 200 but used one today, so now I have 199. I feel like I can't buy anymore until I've gotten that number down a bit

Old 01-05-2018, 12:19 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

The short of it - no!

I'd be pretty sad if I did that because I buy WAY too many kits to keep up with my scrapping. However this month's bingo, I'm trying to use kits that I've never used before (or hardly used). But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop buying my kits!

On a quick count, I have 96 kits that I have from just Sweet Shoppe. I won't count the others stores. But that also includes all the goodies from DSD, Black Friday and their 50% off a $50 sale that they had since October. I might have gone crazy and possibly purchased maybe 40+ of them just recently . . . . .
Old 01-05-2018, 12:52 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Absolutely! But at the start of each year I delete stuff that I know I'll never use. I also keep anything I download in there, including freebies, because I really like to use everything I download.

Right now I have about 70 items in my unused folder, but it's from the last two years, so I think now is a good time to delete some things and learn from my mistakes.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh man I don't know if I could delete kits I purchased. I haven't purchased many outside of sweet shoppe though, so they're all good quality. I have an EHD just for all the kits I've used... bahhaa

Old 01-05-2018, 12:57 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have 187 items in my To Be Used folder but that also includes some template packs.

That doesn't include all the kits that I've paired up with photos but have yet to make a page from.

I probably have 300+ altogether. Yikes!
Old 01-05-2018, 01:03 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

You mean this is a thing----to really keep track of which kits you use and haven't used?! Wow, I'm so thankful I never got that memo and I organize mine the way that I do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
Oh man I don't know if I could delete kits I purchased. I haven't purchased many outside of sweet shoppe though, so they're all good quality. I have an EHD just for all the kits I've used... bahhaa
I just went through and deleted two stores over Christmas break. Just went through and said "I don't participate in the challenges. I don't shop from these designers any longer. I don't think I'll ever use these kits" and wham, all in the recycle bin!!

I also just recently left a store and am currently mustering up the courage to start deleting their things as well

In all fairness, it's been a few years since I downsized my things. I do have a folder of "Individual Designers" that I can't get rid of certain things. I also have several folders for certain things like Disney, Legos, Super Heroes, Video Games and what not. Kits that fall in to those categories get put in to them. But if they don't fit---gone!

When we moved here I threw away a whole dvd case of digi supplies because I knew I'd never use them. I hadn't thought about them while they were in storage for the year and when I got here, I figured why keep it?! You know the life, always downsizing every couple of years before a move. I use that thought concept for my digistash as well!
Old 01-05-2018, 03:06 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't have a "to be used" folder. I organize my kits by designer. And I don't mind using kits over and over again if it fits my theme and/or photos.

That said, I never deleted any SSD kits.

Old 01-05-2018, 04:17 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
You mean this is a thing----to really keep track of which kits you use and haven't used?! Wow, I'm so thankful I never got that memo and I organize mine the way that I do!

I just went through and deleted two stores over Christmas break. Just went through and said "I don't participate in the challenges. I don't shop from these designers any longer. I don't think I'll ever use these kits" and wham, all in the recycle bin!!

I also just recently left a store and am currently mustering up the courage to start deleting their things as well

In all fairness, it's been a few years since I downsized my things. I do have a folder of "Individual Designers" that I can't get rid of certain things. I also have several folders for certain things like Disney, Legos, Super Heroes, Video Games and what not. Kits that fall in to those categories get put in to them. But if they don't fit---gone!

When we moved here I threw away a whole dvd case of digi supplies because I knew I'd never use them. I hadn't thought about them while they were in storage for the year and when I got here, I figured why keep it?! You know the life, always downsizing every couple of years before a move. I use that thought concept for my digistash as well!
Wow, you are strong. I think I could never do that. My heart just can't take it I think. Lol.
But I'm certainly impressed with you!

Old 01-05-2018, 09:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Nope, that’s one step too far!

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 01-05-2018, 09:56 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

Being a babe, I organize my kits into weekly folders and then also a folder that is "To be used" that's where the kits end up from each week that I didn't get around to using but want to use eventually. I also try to go in every few months and delete the kits I downloaded but know I'll never use despite what I originally thought lol.
I'm a kit hoarder though so I try...yes try, very hard to keep only what I really like or need.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Nope...I organize by shop then designer.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:47 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I organize by year purchased. I currently have 2016 and 2017 folders.

I have digi scrapped for 10 years and at many points gotten super overwhelmed with the volume of stuff. So, now I am a happy deleter, and don't think much about letting things go if I haven't / won't use them.

That being said, I used to spend TONS more on kits, I was a big time collector. Now I buy much less and scrap much more. It took me many years to get here, but I'm proud of myself.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:33 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't organize like that, but most of my unused kits are in my folder for newly downloaded items. I'm bad about cleaning it out--I only empty it every 6 months to a year. When I'm looking for a kit to use, I usually start there first.

I've been digiscrapping for long enough (13 years) that I've gotten good at wishlisting the kits that I love but won't actually use and only buying the ones I know I'll use and have a page in mind for. So if I can trust my memory of what I've already scrapped with, it looks like I have about 20 unused purchased kits in there. Many of those were purchased during fall sales, so I'm working my way through them. I won't buy too many new kits until I've used more of these, but I'll make a few exceptions for kits that I want to use right away.

I probably have another 20 or so that were freebies, like featured designer kits and site-wide collabs. I never know whether to count those--I didn't spend money on them and many are themes or colors I wouldn't have bought, so they tend to go unused longer than other kits. Some I'll eventually delete without using, and others I'll find the right photos for.

Last edited by rach3975; 01-05-2018 at 11:36 AM.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:40 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
I don't have a "to be used" folder. I organize my kits by designer. And I don't mind using kits over and over again if it fits my theme and/or photos.

That said, I never deleted any SSD kits.
This..

I am also a digi hoarder though and still have items from years ago. I did do a big clean out and need to do another one. I just have to let go.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I guess I should mention I deleted almost all of the non SSD I had lying around, he ones I downloaded as one of my first CT’s but were hard for me to use because they didn’t have enough variety, etc. so I’m not against deleting, but o don’t think I can bring myself to delete one I bought! Which I’m realizing is a bit foolish because I throw away my kids’ toys if they’re broken or give them away if theyve lost their use...

Old 01-05-2018, 12:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't have a folder of "to be used" because I organize my kits by designer's name, but I am well aware of which kits or templates I haven't used yet especially when I browse to see which kit to use and then I will pass by the kit I just purchased and think, "when will I use that?"
Old 01-05-2018, 12:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't have a Unused Folder. I like the idea of pairing kits with photos. I may have to do that. I also don't delete but probably should.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2018, 12:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No, I don't, but if I did the list would probably be maybe a dozen kits and a dozen template sets? Mostly because I've been slowly buying more and scrapping more over the last few months after a nearly 2 year hiatus.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Nope. I organize by designer, and I'm perfectly okay with not using kits. They still make me happy even if I only look at them in my digital jewelry box.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
Wow, you are strong. I think I could never do that. My heart just can't take it I think. Lol.
But I'm certainly impressed with you!
Sarah, you just have to do it! I'm not a hoarder. My entire family hoards and it drives me batty. With that said, I have deleted many SSD products in the past (talking like 2009-ish) and they were so outdated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwany1999 View Post

your picture of Dwight is awesome!
I figured there had to be some The Office fans in here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
Nope...I organize by shop then designer.
That's how I organize as well. Shockingly, I can keep it all together! But sometimes I find that gem hidden in a designer's folder!
Old 01-05-2018, 02:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I deleted some/all non-SSD stuff from when I started scrapping (2010-2012). Mostly freebies and designers who retired soooo long ago.

But I still have all SSD stuff from when I started to buy kits.

Old 01-05-2018, 02:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I organize by themes. (Christmas, birthdays, everyday life, baby...) and I need to start organizing again within a SSD folder so I know which ones I can post here or not.

I'm a one kit scrapper so I probably won't be using other designers' work unless they are here at SSD. It makes me sad because I have a vast collection. But I like reusing the same kits over and over and then move on. But I don't specifically have a used/unused folder.

Last edited by Leablahblah; 01-05-2018 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes! I have a folder that's for unused product. I won't tell you how much is in it...

I organize all of my products by designer->kit name and will move it out of the unused folder once i've scrapped with it. Then it goes into one of my digiscrap folders (kits, alphas, fonts, element packs, etc).
Old 01-05-2018, 03:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by britaneejean View Post

I organize all of my products by designer->kit name and will move it out of the unused folder once i've scrapped with it. Then it goes into one of my digiscrap folders (kits, alphas, fonts, element packs, etc).
THis is similar to what I do!

Old 01-05-2018, 05:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't really like my organization system for kits. I use the same system for photos and it works pretty well for pics, but it's not super kit-friendly. I'm just too lazy to start something new! To answer the original question, I have very few things I haven't used and I don't currently have any incomplete pages. I also never (intentionally) delete anything, lol.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:07 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I organize by designer, and tag each preview with store, color, theme, etc. I have started tagging templates and kits that I've used so I can use kits I haven't used before. I have hundreds of them that haven't been used yet! I'm a terrible hoarder.

Old 01-06-2018, 01:02 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I have a specially unused folder for the kits or stuffs that are waiting to be used for scrapping
Old 01-06-2018, 01:09 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I used to have a folder that was labled not used or new kits but now it's my folder where I download all my kits. I name my kit folder with designer name then kit name. I stopped organizing by shop because designers retired or shops kept closing

Old 01-06-2018, 03:10 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Have you ever read The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo? She talks about only being surrounded by things that bring joy, and I find it to be such a beautiful way to live.

I don't do it, of course, completely, but when it comes to getting rid of stuff, even digital stuff, it really does make me happy to only have things in my stash on my computer that I really love.

I do back everything up to my EHD, but a couple of years ago I lost my EHD, and it felt so light to start over (especially since I was able to salvage my KCB and Zoe collections!).
Old 01-06-2018, 03:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm glad I'm not the only kit hoarder with tons of unused stuff, hahaha! Maybe I need more?? Definitely need more

Old 01-06-2018, 04:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I started a file for unused kits, but it just sits there...not being used :P

I started some new folders of themes with a copy of previews so I could see what I had when I'm working with certain photos. That works pretty well.

I need start tagging my templates by number of photo spots. That's my sticking point right now.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I gave up on that! It was too hard to keep up with. The 'to use' folder was filling up faster than I could scrap! I shop more than I scrap, I'm afraid. Some day I will use it all! I deleted so much last summer and only kept things I know I will use and really like.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:28 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ever since we discussed this, I have used 5 of the kits in my folder that I haven't used yet and I feel glad about it.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
Ever since we discussed this, I have used 5 of the kits in my folder that I haven't used yet and I feel glad about it.
yay!! I'm excited for you. My "unused" folder now has 197 instead of 200 in it. It's kind of exciting to scrap with the stuff you've not used yet and makes me even more excited to get a black out on the challenges so I have a coupon to buy more LOL

Old 01-07-2018, 03:14 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
That's great Cherry!