Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-18-2019, 03:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Movies while scrapping?

I know a lot of you watch TV programs while scrapping. Do you ever put movies on?

I've noticed that I do better with movies that I've seen over & over so that I don't get distracted (which happens easily. LOL! ).
My "go-to" movies are Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones, Monsters vs Aliens, Sherlock Holmes 2, most of the Marvel movies, and Sleepless in Seattle (I used to put on Sabrina (with Harrison Ford), but I ended up giving that one to my daughter).
I've seen them all enough that I can glance and not get side tracked.

How about you? Do you have a favorite movie for scrapping?

If you watch TV shows, or something that you haven't seen before, how do you do that without getting distracted?
Old 03-18-2019, 04:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Harry Potter movies, Jurassic Park and all of the hobbit movies at my house
Old 03-18-2019, 04:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by staciahall View Post
Harry Potter movies, Jurassic Park and all of the hobbit movies at my house
I forgot about Harry Potter & Hobbit (LOTR)! Those are on the list, too
Old 03-18-2019, 05:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I usually watch TV shows while scrapping but I try to pick ones that don't seem to require a lot of attention to detail. I find that cooking shows, reality and food series are easy to scrap to.

I watch: Survivor, Big Brother, Bachelor, Bachelorette, Bachelor In Paradise, Masterchef, Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen.

For easy to follow shows, I watch comedies like The Good Place, Blackish, Brooklyn 99, Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, American Housewife, Sheldon.

Other shows I can scrap too include Good Girls, Supernatural, The 100, Empire, Travelers, Quantico, Animal Kingdom, Queen of the South, Merlin.

Some series I (mostly) watch while scrapping, as my hubs doesn't watch as much tv or like all the same shows as I do, like Roswell, New Mexico, Charmed, Supergirl, The Resident, The Affair, Humans, Siren.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't watch movies. I often put HGTV on in the background. If it's a good show that I haven't seen or have to pay attention to, you're right, it doesn't work because it's too distracting!!
Old 03-18-2019, 08:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I just can't do both! My husband just put on a movie and I can't watch and scrap at the same time. I need subtitles when I watch tv because I don't always understand what people say depending on the speed of speech or accents. So... no. I can't.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm with Lea; I can't do both. Even if I've seen a movie a dozen times, it still sucks me in.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:56 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I don't watch a lot of movies these days, I usually stick with "tv" or docuseries. There are a handful of movies that I can quote word for word (The Shawshank Redemption, The Princess Bride), but if they're not on Netflix, I can't watch them! That said, I do watch an obscene amount of television. I can binge series all day, every day. I run out of shows way too often and resort to re-watching old shows over and over and over again. My ability to watch Criminal Minds ad nauseam borders on insanity.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Rom-coms (already seen) & Hallmark Christmas movies (seen or not) are good to scrap by.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I can't do movies or tv while I scrap. If I'm interested enough in something to have it on, I can't not watch. I like audiobooks so that my brain has a story to follow but my eyes can concentrate on scrapping.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Nope, I can't watch movies and scrapbook either (unless it's one my girls put on or my husband and I'm not interested in it). I usually do better with TV shows, usually crime/drama shows. Lately I turn on ION television and watch- Leverage, CSI, Criminal Minds, Blue Bloods, and Chicago PD (? that one just started recently). This is why I do better at scrapping when the girls are in school!
Old 03-19-2019, 12:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Fun topic! I can't really "watch" tv and scrap, because scrapping takes up my conscious thought... but I still have stuff running in the background. Usually Friends, Gilmore Girls, Little House or cooking shows (like MasterChef or Chopped).
Old 03-19-2019, 01:31 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I binge watch tv and movies while scrapping....but only the ones that I have see a million times....just something to have on so I don't feel alone LOL....Huge Disney fan or Scifi...so what is generally on is really in my imagination

Old 03-19-2019, 04:40 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I can't watch while scrapping. I listen to music instead.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:59 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I want it to be quite as I scrap. No tv, no music.

Old 03-19-2019, 08:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

No movies.......it's usually the tv-show Elementary for me....or Blacklist. I might put on Crimes & Investigations channel too....hmmmm, I see a pattern here. LOL
Old 03-19-2019, 12:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't have a movie or TV show on while scrapping. I do listen to audiobooks and podcasts. Though, if I'm concentrating really hard on my layout, I'll sometimes miss something and have to rewind.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I usually watch TV shows while scrapping but I try to pick ones that don't seem to require a lot of attention to detail. I find that cooking shows, reality and food series are easy to scrap to.

I watch: Survivor, Big Brother, Bachelor, Bachelorette, Bachelor In Paradise, Masterchef, Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen.

For easy to follow shows, I watch comedies like The Good Place, Blackish, Brooklyn 99, Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, American Housewife, Sheldon.

Other shows I can scrap too include Good Girls, Supernatural, The 100, Empire, Travelers, Quantico, Animal Kingdom, Queen of the South, Merlin.

Some series I (mostly) watch while scrapping, as my hubs doesn't watch as much tv or like all the same shows as I do, like Roswell, New Mexico, Charmed, Supergirl, The Resident, The Affair, Humans, Siren.
So you don't get distracted from scrapping to pay attention to the show that's on, Rae?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
I don't watch movies. I often put HGTV on in the background. If it's a good show that I haven't seen or have to pay attention to, you're right, it doesn't work because it's too distracting!!
Haha!! I don't think I could put HGTV on in the background because I'd want to just sit & watch it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
I just can't do both! My husband just put on a movie and I can't watch and scrap at the same time. I need subtitles when I watch tv because I don't always understand what people say depending on the speed of speech or accents. So... no. I can't.
That totally makes sense, Lea. When I heard about Marie Kondo's show, I thought it would be interesting and thought I could scrap while watching... I didn't know she spoke mainly Japanese and that there were subtitles. That was a bust! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I'm with Lea; I can't do both. Even if I've seen a movie a dozen times, it still sucks me in.
Is it that you want to watch it, so you end up not scrapping, Kellie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlimarie View Post
My ability to watch Criminal Minds ad nauseam borders on insanity.
You crack me up, Karli-Marie!
Old 03-19-2019, 01:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
Rom-coms (already seen) & Hallmark Christmas movies (seen or not) are good to scrap by.
Rom-coms are good to scrap to. I watched The Proposal recently. I've never watched a Hallmark movie. I might have to check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I can't do movies or tv while I scrap. If I'm interested enough in something to have it on, I can't not watch. I like audiobooks so that my brain has a story to follow but my eyes can concentrate on scrapping.
That's a good idea, Rachel! I do have quite a few audiobooks that I haven't listened to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
Nope, I can't watch movies and scrapbook either (unless it's one my girls put on or my husband and I'm not interested in it). I usually do better with TV shows, usually crime/drama shows. Lately I turn on ION television and watch- Leverage, CSI, Criminal Minds, Blue Bloods, and Chicago PD (? that one just started recently). This is why I do better at scrapping when the girls are in school!
I do that often...scrap when hubby & boys are watching something I don't want to watch. It keeps me in the room with them, but I don't have to watch their movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
Fun topic! I can't really "watch" tv and scrap, because scrapping takes up my conscious thought... but I still have stuff running in the background. Usually Friends, Gilmore Girls, Little House or cooking shows (like MasterChef or Chopped).
That's really more what I do, Val. There are movies I've seen so many times that I don't need to watch it, but sometimes having the sound is nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk2009 View Post
I binge watch tv and movies while scrapping....but only the ones that I have see a million times....just something to have on so I don't feel alone LOL....Huge Disney fan or Scifi...so what is generally on is really in my imagination
Kathy, I normally just enjoy the silence, but a few weeks ago, I needed the noise, like you said, to not feel alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
I can't watch while scrapping. I listen to music instead.
What kind of music do you listen to, Sherly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
I want it to be quite as I scrap. No tv, no music.
That's normally me, Sarah, but lately I've needed noise to keep my brain occupied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
No movies.......it's usually the tv-show Elementary for me....or Blacklist. I might put on Crimes & Investigations channel too....hmmmm, I see a pattern here. LOL
So many people have recommended Elementary... I really need to check it out. But, if it's a new show, I can't scrap and watch it (kind of like chewing gum and walking...can't do that either. LOL! ).
Sounds like you like crime shows, Biancka

Quote:
Originally Posted by chastml View Post
I can't have a movie or TV show on while scrapping. I do listen to audiobooks and podcasts. Though, if I'm concentrating really hard on my layout, I'll sometimes miss something and have to rewind.
I think audiobooks is a great idea, LOL! But, I'd probably space out and have to rewind a lot!
Old 03-19-2019, 03:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Tammy - I think that's my super power LOL. I can listen and watch out of the corner of my eye as I focus on my scrap design.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Tammy - I think that's my super power LOL. I can listen and watch out of the corner of my eye as I focus on my scrap design.
That definitely is a super power!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2019, 05:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
I love all those shows too Dawn! Will have try Chicago PD....
Old 03-19-2019, 09:22 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Tammy - I usually listen to some praise and worship songs. Sometimes, I do venture out and listen to some pop and ballads; mostly old ones like Taylor Swift's early years country songs, Britney, Celine Dion, Phil Collins (I feel old now that I spell them out haha!) and, lately, K-pop.
I am not so into the nowadays pop/R&B songs any more, because most of them are pretty explicit on the language & topic.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My computer isn't near a tv, so no watching anything for me while I scrap. I've always listened to music while I scrap though. Lately it's been the acoustic covers on spotify.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Tammy - I usually listen to some praise and worship songs. Sometimes, I do venture out and listen to some pop and ballads; mostly old ones like Taylor Swift's early years country songs, Britney, Celine Dion, Phil Collins (I feel old now that I spell them out haha!) and, lately, K-pop.
I am not so into the nowadays pop/R&B songs any more, because most of them are pretty explicit on the language & topic.
I was going to ask if you listened to K-pop since you like the Korean dramas Praise and worship is great to listen to while you scrap. LOL! I haven't been into "current" music in a lot of years. If I listen to anything, it's older country, Simon & Garfunkel, or crooners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexy View Post
My computer isn't near a tv, so no watching anything for me while I scrap. I've always listened to music while I scrap though. Lately it's been the acoustic covers on spotify.
That's probably good because it's less distraction! Acoustic is great background music
Old 03-21-2019, 02:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

seems like I'm always watching some sort of Christmas movie---whatever I can find on Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime!
Old 03-21-2019, 06:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
seems like I'm always watching some sort of Christmas movie---whatever I can find on Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime!
That would be fun to do year-round, Wendy!!
Old 04-02-2019, 04:39 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have certain shows that I know I will only pay half attention to and I use those to scrap. Others I know I have to pay full attention to so I use those on the treadmill or when I know I am going to fully pay attention
Old 04-02-2019, 08:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't even really listen to music while I scrap let alone watch TV. I feel like I have to focus in the quiet to scrap. Looks like I'm in the minority here!
Old 04-03-2019, 01:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I have certain shows that I know I will only pay half attention to and I use those to scrap. Others I know I have to pay full attention to so I use those on the treadmill or when I know I am going to fully pay attention
I'm really good at multi-tasking, except when it comes to paying full attention to a movie or show and scrapping. LOL!
The treadmill is a good idea for watching things you want to pay attention to! It probably makes the time go faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abm234 View Post
I can't even really listen to music while I scrap let alone watch TV. I feel like I have to focus in the quiet to scrap. Looks like I'm in the minority here!
I completely understand that! I'm normally like that, too!