Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2019, 03:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think I'll be a bit obsessed with spraying all the windows and doors LOL. I'll be starting my spring cleaning soon and this is going to be part of it. After I clean the window frames and doors, I will give them all a spray. Hope it helps b/c I hate any bugs and spiders are plentiful around here.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Thx Tammy....that is awesome! I have all those ingredients and I even have an empty spray bottle (thx to having a hubs who gets them for free from work).
You're very welcome! You'll have to let us know how it works
Old 03-14-2019, 03:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
You're very welcome! You'll have to let us know how it works
Yes, I sure hope it does. But I feel optimistic about it b/c we use EO's for so many things and I find them so helpful. Even my hubs believes in their use now (he was very skeptical of using the oils for a long time but once I made him a blend for his sore knee a few yrs ago, he started to believe). At the very least, it certainly won't hurt to try.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekiwi View Post
my biggest bad habit would be procrastination especially if it’s something I don’t enjoy or want to do. Case in point, I saw my dr maybe 4-5 weeks ago and got a form for blood tests, was going to do it the following day as I was going away for 5 days......I still haven’t done it yet I know the only way i’ll get better is with a diagnosis, the only way i get a diagnosis is with the blood test.

My other bad habit is cleaning or in my case not doing it - I hate doing it so much so I’m going to see if when I move I can get either funded home support through our disability support services here in NZ or scrimp and save to get it done once a fortnight privately especially as I’ll have property inspections while I rent.

Of course, diet coke & mindless snacking are another of my bad habits along with no exercise - my excuse right now is that i’m fatigued due to iron deficiency but truthfully my whole diet needs a full overhaul so I can support my hormones better naturally
I'm like you when it comes to the doctor stuff, about myself only---I'm on the ball with my kiddos. But me, nah. I hope you are able to get answers with your diagnosis.

I also hope you are able to get some help and support in the cleaning dept.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Yep, that's the dettol I use. You can even wash clothes, shower or clean wounds with it. It has plenty of uses.
My mom sent me a bottle of peppermint oil a while ago, which she said can be a good relief when we're coughing, but I hateee the smell.
I love peppermint. I actually love all my essential oils!!
I diffuse Peppermint and Lavender every night in the little man's room and when he's in his croup/sick phases, R.C. and Goldenrod to help him with his breathing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlimarie View Post
When I moved to NC I was shocked at how big the bugs were! One of the side effects of warmer weather They call them Palmetto Bugs - but you can't fool me Southerners... that's a ginormous cockroach y'all!

We've always lived in apartments and battling bugs is just par for the course, no matter how clean you keep things, but luckily the complex pays for the extermination company. We've also found the Combat gel to be effective. Now ants, that's a whole other story
I'll have to see what the bugs are like in KY, but depending on how bad they are, I might be hitting you up for some help!!

Quote:
Thankfully, Idaho doesn't have cockroaches, so I don't have to worry about that!
But, peppermint oil smells better than bleach. LOL! I don't like the smell if I've put it on myself for a headache (stopped doing that because of the smell. LOL!!), but it's not too bad if it's not on me.
Wendy, the only concern I would have with essential oils is that you're looking at getting the kittens. Cats don't do well with oils. They don't have an enzyme in their liver that helps them process the oils and it can make them very sick.
Yes! I've been doing some research what I can/cannot use around the cats, especially since they are hairless and it would be touching directly on to their skin. Lots of knowledge coming before we bring these kittens home.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Yes, I sure hope it does. But I feel optimistic about it b/c we use EO's for so many things and I find them so helpful. Even my hubs believes in their use now (he was very skeptical of using the oils for a long time but once I made him a blend for his sore knee a few yrs ago, he started to believe). At the very least, it certainly won't hurt to try.
None of my guys believe that my EOs work. My youngest calls the "snake oils" LOL!!
Old 03-14-2019, 07:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Yes! I've been doing some research what I can/cannot use around the cats, especially since they are hairless and it would be touching directly on to their skin. Lots of knowledge coming before we bring these kittens home.
I figured you were looking into everything. When I first started using oils, the person who I bought them from said they would not hurt animals at all (she definitely didn't do enough research). After quite a bit of research, I found that diffusing them could actually be bad.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:34 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh wow, Sherly! I've never lived in a big city. We've been close, but I'm not a city person at all. I can't even imagine. I remember when I was a kid and the air in Los Angeles was really bad. They would have days where we had to stay inside instead of running on the playground.
I am not a big city girl at all, but I married a big city boy, who comes from one of the biggest capitals in the world. So yeah... Gotta live with it.
There are times when the air was so bad that school was canceled for a few days. However, lately, the government has been much better at maintaining the pollution, so we've getting more blue sky days for the past couple of years.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
I am not a big city girl at all, but I married a big city boy, who comes from one of the biggest capitals in the world. So yeah... Gotta live with it.
There are times when the air was so bad that school was canceled for a few days. However, lately, the government has been much better at maintaining the pollution, so we've getting more blue sky days for the past couple of years.
It must be true love, then, because that would have been a deal-breaker for me I'm so glad you're getting more blue sky days!!
Old 03-14-2019, 10:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
None of my guys believe that my EOs work. My youngest calls the "snake oils" LOL!!
My middle doesn't like my essential oils either! Although this last time she got sick, I saw her standing outside my door, where I have them in a display cabinet. I asked her what she was doing and she goes "looking for something to help me breathe"

Quote:
I figured you were looking into everything. When I first started using oils, the person who I bought them from said they would not hurt animals at all (she definitely didn't do enough research). After quite a bit of research, I found that diffusing them could actually be bad.
Yikes, that isn't good!! I've been using EO's since 2001 (ack, that makes me sound so old) and I've learned so much through the years, especially since I introduced children using them. Just today, I had to check to make sure Frankincense could be used on a toddler before I recommended it to a friend of mine. Always check. It's smart. Some people just don't know and it can really cause troubles. I'm glad you figured things out and didn't just take things as she told you!!
Old 03-14-2019, 11:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

She must have really been feeling bad to be looking at the oils. LOL! Connor can't stand NyQuil, but he'd rather take it than try anything oily. LOL!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2019, 06:02 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I fidget with my nails all the time; run my fingers along them, check out the nails, etc. I am also very addicted to chapstick & apply it a 100 times a day.