Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes
Default Soooo irritated with myself...

I have a really nice camera (D80) and I hate all of the pictures I'm taking. Either they are blurry or there's too much crappola in the backgrounds or the subjects aren't wearing the right colors.... And it gives me NO inspiration to scrap.

Maybe I just need to go take a dang class already.......

ETA: And I REALLY need a new avi... I am so sick of looking at my big head in this pic....
(Boy, I'm just really irritated with everything today. Maybe a bottle of wine will help. LOL!)

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 01-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Stokes View Post
(Boy, I'm just really irritated with everything today. Maybe a bottle of wine will help. LOL!)
This round is on me....

I know what you mean...our camera is not really nice and every time I zoom even a tiny bit, everything is blurred...so not fun!
Old 01-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Have you played with your settings? Messed around with them and the manual? I don't have a DSLR (finger crossed I get one soon!), but I've heard good things about just messing around wtih the settings and the manual.

Also, black and white changes all color problems
Old 01-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

((HUG))

did you say -------- wine?!!!!!!!!!!!

The Wheelchair Mommy Tweet*Tweet

William-2004, Lucas-2008 & Nathan-Summer 2011
Old 01-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been feeling like you today...maybe we should take a trip to the wine store together! I could use some too!
Old 01-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Wine...hummm that sounds nice.

I really try to not worry about perfect pictures. I am not perfect, my family knows I'm not perfect, my pages will reflect the true me....imperfect. LMBO.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

We have a Canon Rebel XTi and I know nothing about it. My pics come out, just ok, compared to Tony's which are much nicer, so I let him take the pics LOL. It irritates me, I had to take pics of Benjamin's first day of school, and they all sucked! I was so annoyed, here I had a $1000 camera and the pics were worse than my old cheapie 3.1 mega pixels.

Honestly though, a bottle of wine sounds good, regardless! LOL
Old 01-02-2008, 10:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Include me in the wine, I'd had a crappy day

Old 01-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scarletheels Send a message via Skype™ to scarletheels

I could own the best camera in the world and my photos would still be sub-par. I could possibly be the worst photographer around. You could try a photo swap. I scrapped some pages of Alinalita's daughter and my mojo returned. Just a thought.

FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: WEBSITE
Old 01-03-2008, 12:11 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Girl, TAKE A CLASS! You've got all that money invested in your camera, a class would totally be worth what you pay. maybe you could find something online. Or maybe the Sugarbabes can start a photography challenge that includes tips on how to get good shots.

I don't drink, so I'm out on the wine, but I'll bring my green tea and hang out. And I'll take your new pic and make sure that your head isn't too big. rofl
Old 01-03-2008, 01:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks girls! I was just looking for a pic to scrap last night and they all looked awful to me. I found one I liked though...

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/i...6&limit=recent

And yes, I've had 2 large glasses of wine and it's helping. I think I'm going to look into some classes though. I have to at least try to get to know this camera a little better... I'm such a hands-on learner though so reading the manual unfortunately doesn't help.

Now, does anyone want to tell me how to get this baby to quit throwing up all the time????

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Last edited by Kat Stokes; 01-03-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:18 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Now, does anyone want to tell me how to get this baby to quit throwing up all the time????
Is he sick or just spits up all the time? if he's sick, I can't help you, but if he's spitting up, have you tried feeding him smaller portions at more frequent intervals? I started nursing Jack every two hours on one breast when he was about five months old because he was spittingup so much, and it totally eliminated his spitting up.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:23 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Quote:

he nursing or on formula? My DD spit up all the time ended up having a milk allergy to what I WAS drinking while she was nursing

If he's on formula I'd try changing it..we went thru a few before we settled on a soy one for DD (same one that had the allergy)

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 01-03-2008, 02:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

He'll be 5 months old on the 6th.

He's not ill (other than severe congestion that will not go away and the doctors don't seem to want to give him anything - I'm beginning to think he's allergic to my milk ) However, he was sick last week and I had to have him on a nebulizer with Albuterol for a couple of days for his wheezy cough - which has now gone away.

However, he throws up ALL of the time. I'm talking at least 5 outfits a day drenched with twice as many burp cloths. When I am home he nurses about every 2 hours, sometimes more often. He loves to eat! We also have to supplement with formula because I can't get enough pumping to sustain him all day and he's now taking a 4 to 6 oz. bottle about every 2-1/2 hours. I have had him on the Carnation Good Start Supreme, tried the Enfamil GentlEase and A.R. Lipil and now I'm trying Similac with DHA/ARA. I think my next step is Soy. Unfortunately with the combination of BM and formula it's hard to tell what is making him so sick. I don't want to give up breastfeeding but if he's allergic to me, I will... I just don't know how to tell. He's not losing weight BTW.

The weirdest part is that when we are in bed (we co-sleep) and he nurses during the night, he doesn't even spit up at all. But during the day he spits up every single time I feed him.

Sorry for the book! Thanks so much for responding girls! I really appreciate your help!!!

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 01-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

did the dr check his throat and stuff? it's weird if he's not spitting up laying down. Maybe he has a reflux or a bad gag reflex that bothers him sitting up/laying higher

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 01-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm totally in for the wine!

Mi's idea was great to photo swap to get some mojo back! I'll photo swap with you if you want! Send me a blurry one - you never know what you can do with it! I'm up for the challenge.

I think that yes, you should take a class! Maybe there's a local photography club that's just willing to mentor you or show you the ropes, or perhaps a local art school or college you can just sign up for the class. Actually, local colleges probably have photography clubs too.