Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2020, 11:52 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I have no children in school but I have been following what my small town's school district is doing. I live in a small, rural county in west central Ohio.

The district chose to go 5 days a week in person. A virtual option is available for those that weren't comfortable going back. Decision had to be made beginning of August.

School started Aug. 25th. The high school had its first positive case Aug. 26th. A student was randomly tested by employer and it came back positive. As of Aug. 28th there were 4 positive cases in the district (none in elementary). On Aug. 28th I found out from my neighbor that his SIL that is a teacher at the middle school is on quarantine for 14 days because her son was sent home from college and tested positive (he got tested after a friend received a positive test). The son is living with her.

School did not shut down for any of the positive cases. For 1st case, 22 students were put on quarantine. When the next 3 showed up, a total of 150 students were in quarantine. As of Sept 2nd, 6 positive cases in the system but no shut down.

My county is on the top 10 list of counties when ranked by highest occurrence. We've been there for about a month. In August the number of cases in the county doubled from what we had the end of July. We don't meet the criteria to move to Level 3 but we've been in Level 2 for awhile and a neighboring county is Level 3 and will stay there until the number of cases goes below the CDC threshold.

The last couple of weeks my area of the state has been the hot spot. COVID is moving into the rural areas.

As for football, our league is playing 6 games. Only home team band can perform so the band only gets to perform for 3 games. Only family members of team and band can attend. We've got a brand new $1M plus stadium not being utilized to its full potential because of it. Stadium was just completed in beginning of August.

Several schools in the Dayton area have had to postpone football games because of positive cases on 2 different teams. The 2 teams didn't play each other either!