Sweet Shoppe Designs

  #1  
Old 06-06-2020, 03:55 PM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 14,548
Default Boba Anyone?

A couple years ago my middle fell in love with Boba. I personally can't get on board with it, but I do love the popping Boba, especially peach flavored.

When I saw this kit in the store this weekend, I literally screamed for my daughter to come and see what I saw!


Seriously?
A kit for Boba?


My daughter is STOKED about this collection and wants to know when I'm going to scrap her Boba love! This child has posted several TikToks of her making Boba here at home with several thousand views!

Who else loves Boba as much as my middle?

Do you make homemade Boba? My daughter just got her hands on this recipe is going to be giving it a try here in the next week or so. She's excited about trying a new recipe.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CA0D8EehPxB/

Do you buy Boba Pearls from your local Asian Market? This is where we normally get our pearls from. When we see them in stock, we buy two packages at a time and it last her roughly 2-3 months per package. They sell the straws, Milk Tea powder and other things that she has yet to try.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-06-2020, 03:58 PM
bcgal00's Avatar
bcgal00 bcgal00 is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver area, BC Canada
Posts: 2,885
Default

I've never heard of it. I need to go google this now
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-06-2020, 07:49 PM
Leablahblah's Avatar
Leablahblah Leablahblah is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Baltimore, MD (origin: France)
Posts: 6,833
Default

I probably had it once. Don't know if it was a good one or not. I didn't have to rush to get another one though... so I guess I didn't like it enough.
But that kit is so cool!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-06-2020, 08:21 PM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 14,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I've never heard of it. I need to go google this now


My daughter made it sound like everyone drank boba ALL THE TIME
She and I are going to have words now. I had no idea people didn't know what Boba was!

They are pretty much tapioca pearls that are cooked in brown sugar. Then you make milk tea and mix them together! The milk tea is REALLY yummy. I just can't get past the texture of the boba in my drink!

She will often make boba and eat it by itself. Yeah, she's strange
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-06-2020, 08:22 PM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 14,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
I probably had it once. Don't know if it was a good one or not. I didn't have to rush to get another one though... so I guess I didn't like it enough.
But that kit is so cool!
you HAVE to try the popping boba!!
They have a thin shell that when you pop them, liquid/juice spills out with a flavor burst! Like I said, I can get on board with popping boba!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-06-2020, 11:09 PM
nietis's Avatar
nietis nietis is offline
Babe Lead
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 18,499
Default

I avoid boba like a plague, though it is quite yummy. It has so much sugar it'll get you addicted so easily. With diabetes running through my family lineage, I'm really trying to be conscious about my food choice.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-06-2020, 11:25 PM
aussiegirl's Avatar
aussiegirl aussiegirl is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,056
Default

I've never tried them, and never heard of them until my older 2 girls went out with a friend and had them! The oldest didn't like them. She liked the drink, just didn't like the boba(s).

We hope to try the drink at Animal Kingdom, and figure this kit might work for that too?

If they hadn't gone out with their friend and tried it then...I still wouldn't know what they were!

Oh, and I would have to look closely at the ingredients to see if it is REAL sugar or artifical. Since artificial will make me very sick!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-06-2020, 11:56 PM
bienejen's Avatar
bienejen bienejen is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Western Michigan
Posts: 1,301
Default

Love it!!!!!! I was so excited about this kit, too!! We discovered it a couple years ago when we were wandering a strip mall by Michigan State University. My kids love it too! I just bought some tapioca pearls a few weeks ago and might try making some tomorrow!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-07-2020, 05:45 AM
lliella's Avatar
lliella lliella is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,669
Default

Thanks!
Before the lockdown, there is literally a couple boba tea stand/van parked in most school exits/parks here where I live! Not to mention stores in every street and inside malls haha.
I never heard of popping bobas here, though.

I am conscious of the sugar content, too. So i tried making my own low-carb version using coffee jelly, black tea bag and cashew milk sweetened with erythritol and stevia. Tastes good
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-07-2020, 06:29 AM
biancka's Avatar
biancka biancka is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,998
Default

I've seen boba online....youtubers drinking them or making their own etc but I've never had boba myself so I have no idea what the hype is about Should check if I can get it over here and where Love the kit too and now I want to try boba even more
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-07-2020, 04:18 PM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 14,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
I avoid boba like a plague, though it is quite yummy. It has so much sugar it'll get you addicted so easily. With diabetes running through my family lineage, I'm really trying to be conscious about my food choice.
You know, I didn't even think about that and should mention that to my daughter since it runs on both sides of our family!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
I've never tried them, and never heard of them until my older 2 girls went out with a friend and had them! The oldest didn't like them. She liked the drink, just didn't like the boba(s).

We hope to try the drink at Animal Kingdom, and figure this kit might work for that too?

If they hadn't gone out with their friend and tried it then...I still wouldn't know what they were!

Oh, and I would have to look closely at the ingredients to see if it is REAL sugar or artificial. Since artificial will make me very sick!
When things open back up, I can send you milk tea drink packets for you to make at home. That's what I like, the milk tea!

Yeah, you'll have to ask when you try them at AK so you don't get sick!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
Love it!!!!!! I was so excited about this kit, too!! We discovered it a couple years ago when we were wandering a strip mall by Michigan State University. My kids love it too! I just bought some tapioca pearls a few weeks ago and might try making some tomorrow!
Yay!!! you'll have to come back and post a photo of your boba!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lliella View Post
Thanks!
Before the lockdown, there is literally a couple boba tea stand/van parked in most school exits/parks here where I live! Not to mention stores in every street and inside malls haha. I never heard of popping bobas here, though.

I am conscious of the sugar content, too. So i tried making my own low-carb version using coffee jelly, black tea bag and cashew milk sweetened with erythritol and stevia. Tastes good
They are amazing (the popping bubbles)
Interesting! I'll run the low-carb past my daughter and see if she'll try them. She's a little lactose intolerant so might like a different alternative to her everyday bobas
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-07-2020, 04:18 PM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 14,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
I've seen boba online....youtubers drinking them or making their own etc but I've never had boba myself so I have no idea what the hype is about Should check if I can get it over here and where Love the kit too and now I want to try boba even more
You should! Just to try it!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-08-2020, 11:34 AM
mmbstaley's Avatar
mmbstaley mmbstaley is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 561
Default

The first time I saw boba I thought it sounded weird. Normally I don't like to chew my drinks LOL I don't remember exactly where or why now, but I did give it a try and I liked it (a lot actually ) It is definitely a rare treat though. I don't even know where I would buy one here for sure - they might have a place at the mall but I don't know for sure since we don't go all that often.

I saw a 'how they make that' sort of show once that showed all of the steps that it takes to make the tapioca boba. I decided I would leave it as a fun treat after seeing all of that, and if the sugar content is crazy high that is another reason for that decision

We the popping boba at the frozen yogurt places. Those are fun and yummy! I always have to get a couple of flavors of them when we go get froyo. A friend back in COS would buy packages of those for her daughter from Amazon.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-08-2020, 01:25 PM
knittingbec's Avatar
knittingbec knittingbec is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,661
Default

I like it! I'll have one every now & then as a special treat.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-08-2020, 02:54 PM
LynnZant's Avatar
LynnZant LynnZant is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,410
Default

My older daughter was obsessed a few years back. I was so sad that I had already scrapped that memory when I saw this kit. I still might get it just because! Maybe once everything is open again, I'll take them out to get some so I can scrap the photos.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-08-2020, 03:46 PM
Txcorey's Avatar
Txcorey Txcorey is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,819
Default

I've never seen it or even heard about it.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-08-2020, 06:10 PM
ellasspace's Avatar
ellasspace ellasspace is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,708
Default

I’ve never heard of it but thought that kit was adorable anyways!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-10-2020, 07:03 PM
hwong's Avatar
hwong hwong is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
...

When I saw this kit in the store this weekend, I literally screamed for my daughter to come and see what I saw!
...
YES!! THIS!!! Totally me too! I screeched "No way!" The kids came running and my daughter gushed "You HAVE to buy this!".
Done and Done!

This was the absolute first time I have received the SSD email, clicked the link to the shoppe, and purchased it & scrapped it without pausing (Usually it goes to my wish list while I ponder, plan and budget, then purchase, then dawdle taking far too long to scrap )

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-10-2020, 07:10 PM
hwong's Avatar
hwong hwong is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 755
Default

Anyone know if lliella designs would be willing to make a "Lychee" word tag???
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-10-2020, 07:14 PM
hwong's Avatar
hwong hwong is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 755
Default

Ok our family is obviously obsessed with Boba, but I just want to say to anyone from California LA area who hasn't tried Boba Tea yet, the place to go is Half & Half!
We're from Seattle and have tried probably all the local places. None of them compared to Half & Half.
The kids beg to go to California to...wait for it...go have Boba Tea LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-11-2020, 08:30 AM
lliella's Avatar
lliella lliella is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwong View Post
YES!! THIS!!! Totally me too! I screeched "No way!" The kids came running and my daughter gushed "You HAVE to buy this!".
Done and Done!
Thanks! So happy! Your kids are the cutest! Gorgeous page

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwong View Post
Anyone know if lliella designs would be willing to make a "Lychee" word tag???
Sure! can do that. Just the word Lychee?
__________________



Last edited by lliella; 06-11-2020 at 08:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-11-2020, 10:25 AM
jen104's Avatar
jen104 jen104 is offline
Such a Sweetie
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 111
Default

I've never tried boba before, but after seeing this cute kit it intrigued me. Have plans to go to our local tea shop this weekend to try it
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-11-2020, 10:41 AM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 14,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbstaley View Post
The first time I saw boba I thought it sounded weird. Normally I don't like to chew my drinks LOL I don't remember exactly where or why now, but I did give it a try and I liked it (a lot actually ) It is definitely a rare treat though. I don't even know where I would buy one here for sure - they might have a place at the mall but I don't know for sure since we don't go all that often.

I saw a 'how they make that' sort of show once that showed all of the steps that it takes to make the tapioca boba. I decided I would leave it as a fun treat after seeing all of that, and if the sugar content is crazy high that is another reason for that decision

We the popping boba at the frozen yogurt places. Those are fun and yummy! I always have to get a couple of flavors of them when we go get froyo. A friend back in COS would buy packages of those for her daughter from Amazon.
You can buy popping boba on Amazon????

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
My older daughter was obsessed a few years back. I was so sad that I had already scrapped that memory when I saw this kit. I still might get it just because! Maybe once everything is open again, I'll take them out to get some so I can scrap the photos.
yes, yes, yes!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwong View Post
Ok our family is obviously obsessed with Boba, but I just want to say to anyone from California LA area who hasn't tried Boba Tea yet, the place to go is Half & Half!
We're from Seattle and have tried probably all the local places. None of them compared to Half & Half.
The kids beg to go to California to...wait for it...go have Boba Tea LOL
Your layout is SO adorable!!! I was going to go run and buy it, but I also knew I had the challenge coupon coming so I waited until I got that to pick it up!!!

Is Half & Half anywhere near LAX (airport)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen104 View Post
I've never tried boba before, but after seeing this cute kit it intrigued me. Have plans to go to our local tea shop this weekend to try it
Yay!!!! I can't say you'll love it, but I can't wait for you to report back what you thought of it!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-11-2020, 11:15 AM
mmbstaley's Avatar
mmbstaley mmbstaley is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
You can buy popping boba on Amazon????
Yep. I remember my friend looking it up on her phone while we were sitting in the froyo shop. And, I shouldn't have gone to look, cause now I see all of the super cute boba products both edible and not
I see them called "bursting popping boba" and "popping pearls" - strawberry and mango are the ones that came up first on my first search just using the term boba, but there are all sorts of flavors out there. I think the 'rainbow' one looks fun - looks like it is apple flavor with lots of different colors mixed together that would be super pretty in a glass
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-11-2020, 11:44 AM
mmbstaley's Avatar
mmbstaley mmbstaley is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 561
Default

And now I want to go have some boba tea
a search on google tells me that the mall does not have a boba tea place (I don't think it is open yet anyway). Most of the tea shops are downtown or out on the main drag street across the river, where we rarely go because it is at least a half day excursion and usually involves tolls to get across the river. But, I see that a Korean place, which is some sort of grocery store and quick order style restaurant near the movie theater complex near us also has a tea shop corner now. I might have to make an afternoon excursion for fun.

a companion popping boba expansion would be welcome - fun colorful little balls and some froyo cups. They usually have strawberry (red), mango (orange), pineapple (yellow) and kiwi (green) flavors at the froyo stores we have gone to.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-11-2020, 02:54 PM
hwong's Avatar
hwong hwong is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lliella View Post
Thanks! So happy! Your kids are the cutest! Gorgeous page
Sure! can do that. Just the word Lychee?
REALLY!?!?!
Yep just the word Lychee, as in the kit there are the words Matcha, Tarro and Wintermelon. That would be *awesome*!!
OH thank you thank you thank you!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-11-2020, 02:56 PM
hwong's Avatar
hwong hwong is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
...
Your layout is SO adorable!!! I was going to go run and buy it, but I also knew I had the challenge coupon coming so I waited until I got that to pick it up!!!

Is Half & Half anywhere near LAX (airport)?
Thanks for the love!
See PM. There are 6 or 7 locations in the greater LA area but looks to be about a 40 minute drive from LAX.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-12-2020, 02:44 AM
lliella's Avatar
lliella lliella is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwong View Post
REALLY!?!?!
Yep just the word Lychee, as in the kit there are the words Matcha, Tarro and Wintermelon. That would be *awesome*!!
OH thank you thank you thank you!!
Here ya go:

Just click "save as"
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-12-2020, 02:58 AM
lliella's Avatar
lliella lliella is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbstaley View Post
a companion popping boba expansion would be welcome - fun colorful little balls and some froyo cups. They usually have strawberry (red), mango (orange), pineapple (yellow) and kiwi (green) flavors at the froyo stores we have gone to.
I also googled popping bobas... and OMG! they are so fun! I want to try them but I don't think we have them here in the Philippines. May have to start looking.

When I saw the red colored pearls at first I thought they were "sago" (a flavorless tapioca ball used as halo-halo topping) haha


An add-on featuring popping bobas.. hmmm... might be so fun to do!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-12-2020, 03:20 AM
mmbstaley's Avatar
mmbstaley mmbstaley is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 561
Default

I did go out and get some boba tea with my girls, I guess it was technically yesterday at this point - oops, I should really be in bed long before now.
The tea on the far left has mango popping boba in it instead of the tapioca boba that the rest of us got. I tried the Taro flavor - yum!



I will have to dig around a bit and find some pics of froyo with popping boba on it. They aren't coming up in my quick searches on the drives on this computer. I will have to do some more searching on the online backups I have that are more comprehesive.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-12-2020, 12:26 PM
chinagrrl's Avatar
chinagrrl chinagrrl is offline
Such a Sweetie
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: los angeles, ca
Posts: 130
Default

if there is a gong cha near you, you should try it. it's probably my favorite. i also like happy lemon but those are few and far between.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-13-2020, 09:38 PM
craftytam's Avatar
craftytam craftytam is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Magnificent Meridian, ID
Posts: 5,858
Default

I've only tried it once, and wasn't a fan of the texture. Maybe I should give it another try?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-15-2020, 03:39 AM
lliella's Avatar
lliella lliella is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbstaley View Post
I did go out and get some boba tea with my girls, I guess it was technically yesterday at this point - oops, I should really be in bed long before now.
The tea on the far left has mango popping boba in it instead of the tapioca boba that the rest of us got. I tried the Taro flavor - yum!

I will have to dig around a bit and find some pics of froyo with popping boba on it. They aren't coming up in my quick searches on the drives on this computer. I will have to do some more searching on the online backups I have that are more comprehesive.
Those look YUM!
I saw some popping bobas online and I might order some to try!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-15-2020, 09:43 AM
mmbstaley's Avatar
mmbstaley mmbstaley is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 561
Default

Is it selfish that I suggested to my daughter who is getting married in less than 2 weeks that she could buy some popping boba for a topping for the ice cream bar they are going to have?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-24-2020, 11:02 AM
mmbstaley's Avatar
mmbstaley mmbstaley is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 561
Default

My campaign to have popping boba for the ice cream bar at the wedding reception this weekend was successful! My daughter got blueberry, pomegranate and kiwi flavors she tells me
(Her fiance has all sorts of food allergies - it is a horrible problem actually so they had to abandon the idea of having cake because everything they tried that was sort of cake made him sick - even one made with beans )
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-11-2020, 11:54 PM
lholuska's Avatar
lholuska lholuska is offline
Such a Sweetie
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Kansas
Posts: 132
Default

I know that this thread feels about a hundred years old (because 2020 feels about five hundred years old)...but I'm reviving it because today I saw an ad on Facebook I thought some of you might be interested in. Apparently Del Monte has come out/is coming out with fruit cups with popping boba inside them. They were advertising a peach strawberry lemonade flavor (which just sounds so good I might be forced to try some boba in the future). I'm sure it wouldn't be the same in fruit cups as it is in boba tea but with all the fans of popping boba around here I thought I'd share it in case anyone wants to look for it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-12-2020, 12:06 AM
mmbstaley's Avatar
mmbstaley mmbstaley is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lholuska View Post
I know that this thread feels about a hundred years old (because 2020 feels about five hundred years old)...but I'm reviving it because today I saw an ad on Facebook I thought some of you might be interested in. Apparently Del Monte has come out/is coming out with fruit cups with popping boba inside them. They were advertising a peach strawberry lemonade flavor (which just sounds so good I might be forced to try some boba in the future). I'm sure it wouldn't be the same in fruit cups as it is in boba tea but with all the fans of popping boba around here I thought I'd share it in case anyone wants to look for it.
ooh! I will have to be on the lookout and give it a try if I see it. I've gotten the whole family, including DH which I found surprising actually, hooked on the popping boba It is our new favorite ice cream topping.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-12-2020, 06:58 PM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 14,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lholuska View Post
I know that this thread feels about a hundred years old (because 2020 feels about five hundred years old)...but I'm reviving it because today I saw an ad on Facebook I thought some of you might be interested in. Apparently Del Monte has come out/is coming out with fruit cups with popping boba inside them. They were advertising a peach strawberry lemonade flavor (which just sounds so good I might be forced to try some boba in the future). I'm sure it wouldn't be the same in fruit cups as it is in boba tea but with all the fans of popping boba around here I thought I'd share it in case anyone wants to look for it.
We have tried a couple of them and my daughter found one that she really loves! Just recently the commissary started carrying it, which has made my daughter VERY happy!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-13-2020, 02:09 PM
Dalis's Avatar
Dalis Dalis is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,791
Default

I can't get over the "popping" in your mouth. I don't eat corn or anything that "pops" in your mouth. I am seriously gagging as I write this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-13-2020, 03:06 PM
LynnZant's Avatar
LynnZant LynnZant is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lholuska View Post
I know that this thread feels about a hundred years old (because 2020 feels about five hundred years old)...but I'm reviving it because today I saw an ad on Facebook I thought some of you might be interested in. Apparently Del Monte has come out/is coming out with fruit cups with popping boba inside them. They were advertising a peach strawberry lemonade flavor (which just sounds so good I might be forced to try some boba in the future). I'm sure it wouldn't be the same in fruit cups as it is in boba tea but with all the fans of popping boba around here I thought I'd share it in case anyone wants to look for it.
I bought a pack today. My kids will have to try them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 08-13-2020, 04:06 PM
lovely1m's Avatar
lovely1m lovely1m is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 10,544
Default

There was a Boba place here and the owner was so sweet. We loved it, but it closed it a couple years ago unfortunately.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-14-2020, 03:58 PM
craftytam's Avatar
craftytam craftytam is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Magnificent Meridian, ID
Posts: 5,858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalis View Post
I can't get over the "popping" in your mouth. I don't eat corn or anything that "pops" in your mouth. I am seriously gagging as I write this.
You seriously made me laugh out loud, Dalis!!
One of my favorite things on my sushi is smelt eggs...they pop. I love it!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Creative Content 2007 SweetShoppeDesigns

Making your memories sweeter

Copyright 2016 Sweet Shoppe Designs The Sweetest Digital Scrapbooking Site on the Web | Site by Lilac Creative