Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-01-2019, 02:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD: 10/01 Positivity

Yesterday was a crazy day for me (that's why my QOTD is late). But I'm here now....so here are 3 questions about positivity.

Do you try to think positively, see the good side of things, send out the good vibes? Or do you worry and think about the worst outcome? What's something positive that happened lately.

Last edited by bcgal00; 10-01-2019 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I really try to be positive and put the good energy out into the universe. It couldn't hurt so I figure why not. For important things, I send a little prayer out and ask for guidance and trust that things will go the way they are supposed to (even if I don't understand it at the time).

I do worry and that comes out mostly at night when I am sleeping, I will dream about all my fears and worries. But during the day, I try to push those thoughts away.

Something positive lately is the high probabilty that a care home has been found for Bailey (my GD with traumatic brain injury) that is closer than where she is now (which is 1+ hrs drive each way). We interviewed with the people yesterday (which is why I was absent all day, I didn't get home til after dinnertime). It was a long day. But the people are well trained and just seem so caring and friendly. They have a few days to decide if they think B will be a good fit for placement there. There are a few reasons why this might not work out and if not, then hopefully something else will come up soon. I think we'll find out tomorrow.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm a positive person. Always want to believe the best of people, but at the same time I'm a realist. I do try to find the good side of things rather than dwell on the negative, and approach challenges as areas for growth. I do make an effort to help others feel good about themselves too.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Normally I error on the positive side of thinking ... we all have our moments though that it gets hard.

Old 10-01-2019, 11:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you try to think positively, see the good side of things, send out the good vibes? Or do you worry and think about the worst outcome? What's something positive that happened lately.

I try to be positive and look on the positive side of things because I wanted to be a good example to my daughter so that when she grow up, she would not stress on things and try to turn it into something good. Of course it doesn't happen all the time, but, I try to everyday.
Old 10-05-2019, 03:56 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I think of myself as a realist. �� Something positive is, I’ve gotten a good chunk of my bills paid off. I’m hoping soon all I’ll have left is my mortgage & I even upped my payments on that to make it done 5 years earlier.
Old 10-05-2019, 08:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am a super positive person. I was not always like this. At one point in my life I was so negative that I could barely stand to be around myself. I knew that wasn't 'me' but it was hard to get past. I can find a silver lining in most every situation. Sometimes things are much more difficult, but I sure do look for that positive aspect of the situation. I think sometimes others are bothered by this though. Someone I work with made a comment that felt really snarky to me about how I always find the good in every situation. I hope it wasn't intended how it sounded, but it sure made me want to stop sharing those positive insights.

Something positive that has happened lately? Well, this was an INCREDIBLY hard week. It was one in which it was very hard to find anything positive. Our community was rocked with a tragedy. The positive, I got to see my uncle, unexpectedly, at work on Friday. I'm in my 40's and I've saw him less than 10 times in my life, but we keep in touch and have been rather close. Anyway, I work at the elementary school that he went to as a child. (I didn't grow up around here and he lives a few hours away now) He came into town for his 50th high school reunion (the first he's attended) and he wanted to see his old elementary school. I showed him around it it turns out he graduated with our secretary. It was kind of cool.