Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2023, 09:34 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default I ain't got time for this?

What's your "I don't have time for this!?" thing right now? Like the one thing you have to make time for even though it's the craziest time of the year.

Me - a friggin cold! I was out all day Fri, Sat, Sun. Up and dressed today but really don't know if I should be going anywhere. I have my own office to hunker down in and wear a mask if I have to leave it - with only 1 week of work til the year ends (we are closed for 2 weeks after Friday) I have stuff that has to get done that can't be done remotely.

Last edited by tjscraps; 12-18-2023 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-18-2023, 09:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had a crown fall off last Saturday night. I wanted to bake cookies the following Monday, but that day was spent trying to get into the dentist because, wow, did it hurt. The plus side is I had a hard time eating for a few days, so a mini diet? ha ha

I hope you feel better soon. I have a sick daughter, so I still might catch her cold which would derail a lot of my plans.
Old 12-18-2023, 09:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Lynn, that sounds terrible! I’m a strong woman til a tooth hurts lol. I swear getting 2 of my wisdom teeth out a few years ago hurt more than my c-sections (and my tummy tuck if I’m honest lol). Hope it feels better soon! Crowns are so expensive here too - hope it doesn’t cost too much!

Old 12-18-2023, 10:37 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Christmas!!

I took on a part-time seasonal job at the camera store (loving it) to fund the purchase of a mirrorless system. While I enjoy it thoroughly, working full time at one job, driving to the other, and full days on weekends Christmas is far from my mind.

Hoping to get my shopping done today after work as I am only at my 'real' job today.
Old 12-18-2023, 01:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Honestly, I dont have time to work my 3 days this week! lol We will have been out of town all but one weekend in December and we didn't get done a lot of our normal traditions- gingerbread houses, baking bunches of cookies & treats, manito park lights, etc etc. I added a 3rd day/week back in September and it's not only kicking my butt physically, but I now realize I accomplished A LOT on that one extra day off work. And it's just exponentially worse in December with our normal busy lives these days...
Old 12-18-2023, 01:32 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Work! LOL I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon, so I decided to take the whole day off; otherwise I would lose it, as I can carry over only 5 PTO days. I'm so glad I did! I'll be going to the post office first thing in the morning.
Old 12-18-2023, 01:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
What?s your ?I don?t have time for this!? Thing right now? Like the one thing you have to make time for even though it?s the craziest time of the year.

Me - a friggin cold! I was out all day Fri, Sat, Sun. Up and dressed today but really don?t know if I should be going anywhere. I have my own office to hunker down in and wear a mask if I have to leave it - with only 1 week of work til the year ends (we are closed for 2 weeks after Friday) I have stuff that has to get done that can?t be done remotely.
Sorry you're dealing with a cold Trina! Hope it's mostly over so you can enjoy your holiday!!
Old 12-18-2023, 01:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I had a crown fall off last Saturday night. I wanted to bake cookies the following Monday, but that day was spent trying to get into the dentist because, wow, did it hurt. The plus side is I had a hard time eating for a few days, so a mini diet? ha ha
I hope you feel better soon. I have a sick daughter, so I still might catch her cold which would derail a lot of my plans.
I'm so sorry to hear about your crown! I totally understand the pain - happened to me a few months ago! I ended up having to have a root canal and a new crown put on - that was one expensive tooth! Good luck - hope it's all back to 100% now!
Old 12-18-2023, 01:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
Christmas!!

I took on a part-time seasonal job at the camera store (loving it) to fund the purchase of a mirrorless system. While I enjoy it thoroughly, working full time at one job, driving to the other, and full days on weekends Christmas is far from my mind.

Hoping to get my shopping done today after work as I am only at my 'real' job today.
Oh I can't wait to hear about your new mirrorless system!! That's very exciting!!
Old 12-18-2023, 01:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
Honestly, I dont have time to work my 3 days this week! lol We will have been out of town all but one weekend in December and we didn't get done a lot of our normal traditions- gingerbread houses, baking bunches of cookies & treats, manito park lights, etc etc. I added a 3rd day/week back in September and it's not only kicking my butt physically, but I now realize I accomplished A LOT on that one extra day off work. And it's just exponentially worse in December with our normal busy lives these days...
Isn't it crazy how adding just one day to a work week can play havoc with so many things?
Old 12-18-2023, 01:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziej View Post
Work! LOL I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon, so I decided to take the whole day off; otherwise I would lose it, as I can carry over only 5 PTO days. I'm so glad I did! I'll be going to the post office first thing in the morning.
I'm glad you have the whole day off tomorrow and hope the doctor's appt goes well! It's great you can carry over 5 PTO days - where I worked, we always had to use them or lose them all.
Old 12-18-2023, 01:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't have time for a backache! Woke up this AM and could barely move. Went to the fitness center to do my daily walking - hoping it would help, but it hurt so badly that I stopped 1/2 way through ... luckily got into the chiropractor so hopefully things will be back to normal soon!
Old 12-18-2023, 01:51 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Everything. I was already feeling not Christmasy and dealing with anxiety that I have not had so bad before. Then we had a death of close family member. So I am giving myself grace this year. I only sent 10 Christmas cards, I am not baking anything, and put gifts in gift bags only.
Old 12-18-2023, 01:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
Everything. I was already feeling not Christmasy and dealing with anxiety that I have not had so bad before. Then we had a death of close family member. So I am giving myself grace this year. I only sent 10 Christmas cards, I am not baking anything, and put gifts in gift bags only.
That is totally allowed. We're dealing with some stuff at home too, and I decided to skip cards, and neighbour gifts (usually baking) and just get the essentials done. I usually do gift bags anyways so that's not unusual lol

Old 12-18-2023, 03:31 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

For me it was spending money on new tires and brakes for the car. Who needs to drop a wad of cash for that stuff right at Christmas time?
Old 12-18-2023, 05:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am sorry you are sick...I don't have time for doctors...My foot has been hurting a lot for several months...4 docs and physical therapy later they put me in a boot...On MY RIGHT FOOT! I have to take it off to drive. I shop for a living so this has slowed me down A LOT!! I also had the yearly mamo...but had to go back for an ultrasound and I requested a pelvic ultrasound (my mom has ovarian cancer)...Oh and then a MRI on my foot. I think if you turn off the lights I may glow with the xrays, ultrasounds, mamo and MRI....grrrr! I had to see the dentist too for a tooth that oddly was fine and she said it may be hurting bc of allergies...wild!
I also need to finish my Christmas shopping...mostly my Dad who is impossible to buy for...and finishing up the kids. I thought I had more time bc we were going to do Christmas at home. The older kid couldn't get off work but now we he is off and we are driving from TX to VA on WEDNESDAY night!!! I may loose my mind between working, kids home and finishing Christmas stuff.
I usually do calendars and they have not happened...maybe while we are driving.
Old 12-18-2023, 11:11 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I am so sorry that things have not been going well with health, work, family, etc, ladies. I thought I was the only one being restless here, but, it seems that I was wrong.

I really haven't gotten time for the muscle pain I have been feeling from my upper left waist down to my knee. It hurts so bad, especially when I sit and lay down. And it's been like this for a while, but it's gotten worse. I really need to go to a chiro, but I can't, because FIL suddenly got hospitalized for an indefinite amount of time, due to severe dizziness caused by blocked blood vein as well as some abnormality on his heart. Lan has been running around like a headless chicken with teaching, preparing exams, taking his mom to and from hospital, and a whole lot of other things to sort out. Ugh...

And... Michelle and I are supposed to fly out to Shanghai on Sunday for our Christmas Disney trip. He might decide to cancel it, if he thinks he can't handle having to take care of Michael on his own for 4 days.

I am sooooo beyond exhausted.
Old 12-19-2023, 01:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry that I complained about my crown. That was nothing. I spent over eight hours at the hospital today for another emergency surgery for my sister to fix the botched emergency surgery she had just last month. Of course, a winter storm blew in today making the night time drive home kinda scary. But my silly complaints are nothing compared to what she is going through. I'll go see her again tomorrow (well look at the time. . .I guess I mean today), and hopefully I'll still squeak in some holiday time with my family. I had lots planned.
Old 12-19-2023, 11:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I'm sorry that I complained about my crown. That was nothing. I spent over eight hours at the hospital today for another emergency surgery for my sister to fix the botched emergency surgery she had just last month. Of course, a winter storm blew in today making the night time drive home kinda scary. But my silly complaints are nothing compared to what she is going through. I'll go see her again tomorrow (well look at the time. . .I guess I mean today), and hopefully I'll still squeak in some holiday time with my family. I had lots planned.

Oh no! I hope your sister is ok . And it is ok to have complained about your crown - we all have our battles, some are bigger than others.