Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2012, 10:15 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default how much stock do you hold in dreams?

I had the strangest dream about my daughter that she was hiding in her attic (or somewhere upstairs) with the baby on the 28th. I don't know if it this month, next month or a year from noe. I have dreams about something bad happening about one of the kids but never before it happens. My husband completely dismisses it. But one example is I let her spend the night at her uncle and aunt house and her step-cousin assaulted her. I woke at 3 or so in my morning hyper-ventilating and told my husband we need to get Crystal right now. He told me to go back to sleep. I said welll as least call her. He said it is 3 in the morning I am not calling. So a few months later my daughter told me what happened and while I did not see everything in my dream I could feel her pain and I KNEW she needed me. She said she was crying and wishing she had listened to me and stayed home instead. I have tons of dreams which are just dreams but when it comes to the kids IDK...like when the dr's were telling me Matthew may have spinda bifida or down syndrome. I orayed and within days had a dream and there was ltttle baby boy with lots and lots of blonde hair and the prettiest blue eyes ever. It was like a glimpse of our future. So sometimes the dreams come before hand but mostly about what is happening now.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Last edited by jessica31876; 11-18-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I firmly believe that all of my dreams are 100% rubbish. However, I do think that some people might find inspiration, otherworldly communication, warnings, etc. through their dreams. I just have never had those experiences through that medium.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:13 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

My husband claims that his father has had dreams foretelling when someone dies. They don't happen terribly often though.

I do think that sometimes dreams can express feelings or put together clues that you don't admit to when you're awake--like about your daughter. You probably had eeky feelings about the other kid, or had noted odd behaviors but ignored them in the daytime. I do hope the police were notified.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I personally have never experienced anything like that. I have strange weirdo dreams that have nothing to do with real life usually, unless they involve me falling off a cliff and waking up just as I land or driving my care off the road and into a lake. - And I really, really hope that is not a prediction of the future!! I have heard of other people that felt they had warning dreams, etc, but for me I just think they are just dreams.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieB146 View Post
My husband claims that his father has had dreams foretelling when someone dies. They don't happen terribly often though.
At the risk of making myself sound like a total lunatic.... this is me. Truly. Ever since I was a young child. It freaked my parents out and they sent me to a psychiatrist. By the time I hit high school my friends used to joke with me and say if I ever had a dream about them dying to please let them know. It has happened my whole life, including when DH died.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:48 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

My mom always says that our dreams are "hopes, fears, or unfinished business." While that might seem to cover pretty much everything, I've found it to be very helpful when analyzing my own dreams. Sometimes looking at it that way helps me pinpoint something that I need to work on about myself or in one of my relationships. Other times I can see that it's just my brain going on about something/someone I love or something/someone I'm afraid of.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:23 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

sorry about all the typos. I have been taking cold medication the last couple days for a bad cold and apparently do not notice it so much when I am groggy from medication LOL.

I have studied dreams a lot and everything I have read said they are mostly gatherings from the day into our sub-conscious but that there are telepathic dreams which they say usually involved two people are very close comminicating between dreams and psychic dreams where something is foretold. I have had both. I had a dream about the last shuttle exploding when it entered our atmosphere. The next day my sister called me to turn on the tv that the shuttle exploded. I argued with her thinking it was still part of my dream. That dream really freaked me out.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I firmly believe that some dreams can be signs. I have dreams like that. I can tell those from the typical dreams though. The ones that mean something are extremely realistic, in color, and give me a very specific feeling when I wake up.

Through dreams I knew my aunt was pregnant, that she was having a boy, and the day her baby would be born (she had a placental rupture which was quite unexpected and no where near her due date). Dreams warned me that I would lose my first baby. I had a funny feeling from the time I first got pregnant but a dream confirmed it. I tried to forget about that one and just chalk it up to crazy pregnancy dreams but it happened almost exactly like my dream when I lost him a week later. It was another dream that let me know I would have Caitrin AND another baby. In the dream I could see a door with the word perinatologist on it. I had never heard of that before. I could see a little redheaded baby girl in a carseat and I had a swollen pregnant belly. The name of the doctor on that door turned out to be the name of the doctor I visited later... the one that my family doctor referred me to so it wasn't as though I set out looking for this guy because of the dream. I also found out Caitrin was a girl through my dreams and I was told I was pregnant with Declan. In between kids, my step-dad came to me through a dream the night he passed away. The details seemed funny to me until a conversation with my mom several months later confirmed everything. He rode a rollercoaster with my mom, got off, came to me and said "it's okay kid, I'm ready now", smiled and walked into a cloud of fog. I later found out that my mom had went to a little carnival the night he died and rode a rollercoaster. She said she was so numb she wanted something to make her feel something. She didn't tell anyone for a long time. She said she was ashamed at her reaction to his death. I told her that I wasn't sure what it meant but that I had this dream of them on a rollercoaster. Her eyes got huge and she lost her breath and then told me that she had actually been on one that night.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have had dreams of things that later came true or that were happening at that moment. Its not obvious in the dreams or anything because actually my dreams tend to be quite boring, nothing really happens that would make you think, wow, what a dream ever. Some just tend to stick with me and later it happens or I tell someone about it and they tell me its true. It used to freak my ex out, he'd call me a witch. Yeah, nice, I know.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Until my Grandma passed away in 2008 I never really took stock in dreams but she's visited me a couple times in those 4 years and always at the right time.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Immediately when she told us. It is part of the reason I do not like my husbands family because they all took the attitude of "keep it in the family (menaing no police) or boys will be boys its no big deal" But my daughter said at the time I woke up she was crying and wishing she was with me. It makes me feel guilty at times because I had a gut instinct that night to say no way you are coming home and did not follow it. Nothing happened to the boy because the prosecutors office felt there was not enough evidence to prosecute. He moved in with his dad in another state from what I understand and my husband's brother and his wife split up shortly after all that happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieB146 View Post
I do hope the police were notified.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:32 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Oh and I had a dream of my son shortly after he died. He told me he is ok and it is really beautiful where he is at. He said heaven isnt like everyone thinks; that you can go wherever you want and that he finally got to go see Alaska. He said he loved it there. Then he said we would be together again one day.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I really think that my dreams help me through life. They rile up emotions that are usually worse than what I will actually go through, so that when it does happen I have a greater capacity to deal with it.

I once had a dream that the church killed my father and buried him in the pulpit, but before the sacrifice he and I traveled the world together. I was so scared, especially since he left town while I had the dream for work. I was in a panic when his plane was 2 hours late. But a couple months later he was released from a calling at church that took him away from us a lot, and having him around more during those years was a huge blessing.

I had many apocalyptic dreams before 9/11.

Both DH and I had a dream before we were even pregnant with our first that we were going to have a daughter...it was the same night and a very similar dream. When our first was a boy we were a little shocked at first. However, we knew that little girl needed to come to our family, and with how much stress my son causes me I may never have wanted to have more kids if I didn't know that we needed our daughter to be with us.

I've never had really literal dreams though, so I would guess that hiding in the attic is something else, like maybe postpartum depression, or something like that. But I don't know. I think dreams are different for everybody, and all you can do is pray that if you were supposed to receive a message that you will be able to understand it enough to do something about it.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do believe that our dreams can be a way of tapping into some sort of 'supernatural' level. I have learned through the years that if I have a dream about a friend/family member out of the blue (especially if I haven't had contact with them in a while), they need me in some way...whether it's just a shoulder to cry on, someone to say a prayer for them, etc. But, it is guaranteed that if I dream about them, they are having trouble of some kind and it is always confirmed when I call them in the morning.