Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2013, 09:07 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Weekend Highlight Reel....come share your weekend

I feel like I'm running 100 mph these days and I'm wondering how all my Sweet friends are doing out there.

So what did you all do fun this weekend?

On Sat I went venue hunting with my sister. She is getting married next March. This is the second weekend we've gone out to look at venues. On Saturday we went to the country club where I had my reception 15 years ago I thought for sure she was going to hate it and pick one of the places we looked at on the water last weekend, but she loved it. I'm so excited to be helping her plan her wedding!

Then that night I took my oldest shopping for her 8th grade dance dress and some summer clothes. I can't believe my baby is going to high school next year!!

On Sunday I was bad, I skipped out on a wedding shower for a friend and spent the day with my family instead. I just felt like we needed time the 4 of us together. We went to the flea market and picked out lots of fresh produce to eat this week and we all got some new books to read. (Makes my heart so happy that my kids get excited over fresh strawberries and new books to read). Then we tried a new restaurant for lunch and headed home to do some yard work together. I turned off the TV at 8 and made everyone read so it was a nice quiet end to a rather enjoyable weekend.

What about you?????
Old 04-22-2013, 09:10 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Saturday my sister and her family were here so we did a little shopping while the kids stayed home with the men and swam almost all day. That night we had some family come over to my parent's house for a fish fry. Later we took my sister and BIL out for drinks.

Yesterday was a pretty relaxing day at the house catching up on laundry.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:21 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We had gorgeous weather this weekend. Saturday was the first day in a month that none of us had to be anywhere or do anything so we stayed home and spent most of the day outside with the kids..riding the 4 wheeler.

Sunday - church and then since I put off a trip to the grocery store I had to run to walmart (gag). We spent another afternoon out with the kids...Brian took Avery fishing and then we spent an hour or so shooting our bows before the mosquitoes drove us inside.

It was a good lazy weekend...my favorite kind

Old 04-22-2013, 09:32 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I drove up to the mountains on Wed (ok, I rode, actually. I don't drive further than a mile from my house here.) with some other ladies for a retreat. I got to share about the community development project we were a part of for the last few years...400 women were there, and English is like their second or third language. I was SO nervous, but it went really well. I had so much fun with just the girls, but I was super glad to get home to my boys, too.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:48 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Saturday started at 6am for me, which is waaay too early in my opinion. Mom and I had a garage sale at her house. It was a hot and stressful morning... we had a thief and several bands of immigrant-type people who were rude, pushy, and yelling/harassing us to get clothes, shoes, and purses for practically free. It made me remember why I haven't had a garage sale in more than 2 years! BUT I did make out $300 richer.

After the yard sale we took what was left to a thrift store and I took out my whole family (mom, dad, brother, hubby & my kids) to lunch. That was fun, we rarely all do lunch together. Then I napped from 3:00-5:45. We ate out for dinner.

Sunday was church, followed by a frantic trip to the grocery store, then home. I had to make a salad and slice up fruit for a dinner that night at a friend's house. It was a nice time with two couples we've recently befriended. The kids were good and the food was awesome. It was a nice way to end a crazy weekend!!!

Old 04-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I had a delightful weekend. DH took DS1 to North Carolina, so it was just DS2 and I at home.

Saturday was donuts (his fave) then some thrift store shopping. After lunch he napped for 3 hours (3!) while I got some much needed cleaning done.

Sunday we went to church with some friends as both mom and baby were baptized, then joined their family for lunch. Came home, DS napped, I talked to my mom.

Oh, and after an entire month of not scrapping, I stayed up way too late each night and got 8 pages done.

Very good weekend.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Amy - I bet it felt good to get some scrapping time in!

Brooke - I don't miss living in S. Fla at all. The people are just insane!!! That's a nice garage sale haul though!

Kellie - Sounds like a fun weekend with the girls. Did you take the baby with you?

Nikki - Sounds like my kind of weekend (minus the shopping at Wal-Mart on a Sunday). I think I want to vacation at your house.

Tracy - I love how you consider catching up on laundry a relaxing day. LOL! How fun to visit with your sister!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm trying to remember....

Besides the normal cleaning, grocery shopping, church, dog park trips, etc. the one thing we did different was DH and I went on a bar hop bike ride!

We rode to a friend's house and met up with 3 other couples, then headed to 3 different bar & grills for drinks and food. In the end, we were gone over 6 hours! And we rode about 8 miles. I thought I would be super sore (I'm so out of shape!) on Sunday, but woke up feeling great. We'll do it again soon!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

this girl had her 4th birthday party (birthday is today)

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 04-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

The boys has a baseball game Saturday morning. They won 18-1. I am so glad they are on the same team this year. Nearly all the other parents had to rush off during the game or right after to pick up or drop off another child at a different field.

Afterward I did a big grocery trip for the week & then we had a cookout with friends & hung out at their place playing dominoes while the kids played wiffle balll out in the twilight & under the porch lights.

Sunday I was grumpy as my day started off badly with lies told by both boys & never really improved from there. Eventually I told everyone I wasn't feeling good & shut myself in the bedroom with a book.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I went on a date with my son to see DH's band concert. He had all of the old ladies wrapped around his finger. Then I had the stomach flu again on Friday made extra miserable by that time of the month and I still feel like I'm recovering.

Church was really good. We sang a beautiful song with the choir that actually ended up not being ruined by the NH accent.

The good thing about being under the weather is that I've been reading The Emperor's Edge books like crazy. If you need books that you and DH can both enjoy, I highly recommend them.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
I'm trying to remember....

Besides the normal cleaning, grocery shopping, church, dog park trips, etc. the one thing we did different was DH and I went on a bar hop bike ride!

We rode to a friend's house and met up with 3 other couples, then headed to 3 different bar & grills for drinks and food. In the end, we were gone over 6 hours! And we rode about 8 miles. I thought I would be super sore (I'm so out of shape!) on Sunday, but woke up feeling great. We'll do it again soon!
Sounds like a great time! Where you tipsy driving by the end? lol.

I photographed a Prom a couple of hours away on Saturday. Got home pretty late.

Yesterday, I edited and ordered the Prom pictures and started remaking my photography website. Then I had a Senior session.

Last night, I asked Colby if we had really had a weekend. It felt like an extension of the work week?! Luckily, this is my last week at my day job and my schedule is going to be totally different!
Old 04-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

I was in a funk this weekend. But we did go to the Notre Dame spring game for a quarter! LOL The boys were too cold so we left after the 1st quarter.

Then yesterday we spent the majority of the day cleaning out the basement. We have SO. MUCH. TRASH. for Friday's pick up! They're going to wonder if there's anything left in our house. (Which, there is... we aren't even CLOSE to being ready to move!)
Old 04-22-2013, 12:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

DD and I met up with a friend and her dog at the park yesterday afternoon. Chilly enough that we needed sweatshirts, but lots of sunshine! The park was abt an hour away, so it was nice to go on a road trip, too, and jam out to some music on the way there.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got a call Thursday night from DH's nephew who lives in Louisiana. He and his wife were going to be driving through here on their way to Montana and wanted to stop for a visit. Luckily, DH had a 4-day weekend. So, friday I spent some of the day scrapping then did a little cleaning and got the guest room ready. They got here Saturday morning. We took them up to Pike's Peak which was so cute because the nephew's wife has never really been out of Louisiana, so the snow and the mountains had her in awe. We went to dinner after that then came home and chatted for the rest of the day. Sunday DH and I took the girls to see Disney On Ice (we already had tickets) while the house guests slept then we cooked a big dinner and watched a movie. They left this morning and I feel like I could sleep for 3 days straight. lol It was a nice weekend, but I'm ready to have my routine back.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlathrall View Post
Sounds like a great time! Where you tipsy driving by the end? lol.
No. I was worried about drinking too much so in over 6 hours I only had 3 beers and 1.5 Fireball shots. Plus we ate something at every stop (like appetizers). Never even got a buzz. Darnit.

And every single weekend I feel like I didn't get a weekend.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:16 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Trista

We had pretty good family weekend. Saturday we spent way, way too many hours at an arcade riding go-karts, playing laser tag, video games, bowling, and bumper cars. It was a real treat for the kids. The rest of the weekend we spent outdoors enjoying the wonderful weather here in Texas. Sadly, DD is paying for all of the outdoor fun today with an itchy allergy breakout on her face. Poor thing.

happily creating for Darcy Baldwin, Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Krystal Hartley, and Studio Basic Designs
Old 04-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

I opened at the gym both Saturday and Sunday (6am - 1pm) after having also opened Thursday and Friday (4am - 9am). I really wished I hadn't done that to end my vacation from school. Ugh. Live and learn. At least today sleeping until 6am felt like sleeping in lol.

Saturday after work I took my 13yo son out for some new jeans... he's grown 4 inches this year. Came home and whipped up a fruit pizza (YUM) to take with me to my monthly scrapping get together with good friends. Someone else bought an apple crisp too.... so we had one dinner and two desserts...LOL... but no one seemed to mind.

Sunday after work I finally cleaned the bathroom and kitchen. I was so unmotivated the entire week of vacation, but this stuff had to get done. I felt so much better once it was taken care of. Also did some grocery shopping, enlisted some help from the boys in putting away the last of the snowmen, and watched "The Good Wife" before bed.

EIGHT MORE WEEKS TIL SUMMER VACATION..... but who's counting?

Old 04-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Like Mary I'm trying to remember - LOL.

Saturday - Work for me and Cheyanne went to a friend's for most of the day. Then said friend and Cheyanne came back here for supper and I dropped them off at the roller rink from 7-10. I scrapped We all stayed up way to late watch the episodes of The Voice that we had missed at the start of this season.

Sunday - Hauled Cheyanne and friend out of bed at 9 (they've been on vacation all week from school and I didn't want them to sleep in because I knew Cheyanne wouldn't go to bed Sunday night). Anyway, took them swimming at the rec center at the university here and then out for a late lunch of pizza. Dropped friend back home and then we went to the local ice cream parlor for a cone and then home to chill until we went to bed at 8:30.

Pretty quiet weekend for us... softball starts next week so the craziness begins again!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We just had a lot of family time together which doesn't get to happen often so I REALLY enjoyed it.

Dinners out, Landon had a man date with his dad for breakfast Saturday morning, zoo day saturday, neighborhood block party saturday night and sunday we just snuggled up together and just chilled. It was a VERY good weekend.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Lori, I only have five more weeks till summer vacation.

We went to see a concert:

That's Zac Brown, by the way. It was amazing. We took the girls (17 and 13) and had a great time.

Didn't do a darn thing on Sunday. Laundry, grocery shopping, walks... that's our weekends.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We were supposed to drive up to New York for my brother's engagement party. But after days of preparation (new dressy clothes for the kids, packing, etc) DS woke up sick and we had to cancel. We were mostly stuck home and inside, but I made it to the gym and the grocery store. I didn't even get any scrapping done because I was busy with stuff here and tired from being up with DS. We had a lot of family time, which was this weekend's one redeeming quality.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Saturday - DH and a guy friend went geocaching and I had a friend come over for a scrapping day with some intermittent cleaning. When the guys got back we went over to their place for a BBQ.

Sunday - We went to an open day at one of the local driving schools(seems even though I have been driving for 30 years I still have to do the written and driving exams here and you can do the driving exam with having lessons in the "new"way of driving). So I had a proof lesson, took a sample written exam and signed up for a set of lessons. Since I signed up for lessons I got to spin the wheel for a prize. I am the only one of the entire day that got a fee flying lesson for two. We rushed back home to get a few things done and then DH's parents came for the day to celebrate Dh's birthday. After catching up with them for a couple of hours we took them out geocaching and then out for a wonderful steak dinner.