Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-06-2014, 02:25 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm
Default I love where we live.. but...

you know, moving here was such a big (and great) change.. but there's no bathtub. We have just one of those tiny (creepy) standing shower stalls. I really need a bath tub.. to soak my legs.. or to soak me. I am currently (tmi) suffering from some like level 10 pain cramps here and could so so use a nice hot soak. ugh...... or a heating pad. something. i may keel over in pain people.. haha.

Is your house missing something you really feel you NEED?
Old 01-06-2014, 02:46 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

omgosh that would have been a deal breaker for me!!!

I need more insulation so I don't hear our neighbours as much LOL! Our house must have been built quickly and we have really ugly wood siding and I really don't think there is any insulation in the walls.. so we seem to hear everything.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh! Sounds miserable! I thought I had it bad when the only pipe that freezes in our house froze the other day and I couldn't take the bath I wanted for a few hours.

I desperately wish our house had a pantry. Food storage is so ridiculous in our house and it drives me mad sometimes.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wish we had a broom/coat closet. Some place to put my vacuum.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:55 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

A sound proof room to lock my children in once in awhile. Just sayin.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:09 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
A sound proof room to lock my children in once in awhile. Just sayin.
This. Except I'd probably just lock myself in it and let the children run wild.

La - you need rice bags. Lots and lots of rice bags.

Old 01-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

we're house hunting right now - so i'm trying to figure out what my 'must haves' are vs. my wants … i really do enjoy baths, so i think that's a must have for me. our current house has a warming drawer in the kitchen, which is something i never thought i'd want or use - and now we use it several nights per week. i'm going to miss it! (it's definitely not a must have LOL - just a nice little perk to our current house).

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 01-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Well, right now there's a lot of things! A garage is the big one. We need a garage!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana View Post
we're house hunting right now - so i'm trying to figure out what my 'must haves' are vs. my wants … i really do enjoy baths, so i think that's a must have for me. our current house has a warming drawer in the kitchen, which is something i never thought i'd want or use - and now we use it several nights per week. i'm going to miss it! (it's definitely not a must have LOL - just a nice little perk to our current house).
We are house hunting too!

I thought I *needed* a bathtub in the master bathroom, but I am shocked at how few houses have one. Everyone seems to prefer these huge massive glass enclosed showers. I hate them... too drafty. So, I think I'm going to have to settle for taking baths in the kids bathroom.

I am a bath person, so I wouldn't buy a house if it didn't have a tub in at least one of the bathrooms!

Old 01-06-2014, 04:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine isn't missing anything I NEED. I have a nice tub in my master bath that I haven't used since I gave birth to my daughter... she's 5, lol.

What I would love, however, is a mudroom with some built-in lockers to hold backpacks, shoes, etc. We're building a new house but that option wasn't available, which I was really disappointed about
Old 01-06-2014, 05:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

A room big enough for Owen to run around in and toss his nerf football around in.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

We're getting our house ready to sell (it's a slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow process), so we're also looking at houses that are available.

2 things that are "must haves" for me that I don't have in my current house -

1. An attached garage or at the very least a wide enough driveway that I don't have to park on the street.

2. two bathrooms - both downstairs. My husband spends more time in there than any girl I know, so I'm not compromising on this.

Honestly, I hate my current house. My biggest issue is probably just the mental thing because his ex-wife picked it out, and they lived in it for 6 years before they got divorced. It's not the style of house I would ever choose. It was built in 1918, and it's in an historic part of town. The rooms are huge, but there are no closets (99% of my clothes get folded - even dress clothes). The insulation is virtually non-existent except in the rooms that we've redone ourselves. And it just isn't a "pretty" house when you drive up. We could easy drop a couple of hundred thousand in repairs on this house, and it still wouldn't be my style. Some people love the historic places. I'd rather have new construction any day (or at least something built in the last 20 years).
Old 01-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

A dishwasher. I've only ever had ONE in my adult life and that was in the last place we lived (we rented there). There is a place here that we can put one, eventually. We've been here 5 years though with no dishwasher in sight. LOL

Eventually I want a tankless water heater and I want to make what is our water heater closet into a food pantry.

I'm not a bath person. We could do without a tub entirely. The kids shower, we shower. Our tub has a bunch of stuff I used to paint with... over the SUMMER. That's how long it has been since someone has taken a bath. LOL
Old 01-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love my house but there is ONE thing I miss from my old house......my laundry room. I have one now and it is fine BUT in my old house the laundry room ROCKED. It had cabinets and counter space! It was awesome to fold laundry on and have my piles all nice and neat until moved to where they belong. I now have to use my dining room table. Not horrible but not ideal. Totally just me being a spoiled brat for years and it was the thing I had to give up to get the house I am currently in that I love love LOVE.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are pretty lucky as our house has most of what we need. We built it 20 years ago when I had one little one-year-old boy and had no idea I would end up with 4 and have the room for them all.

We've got a garden tub in the master and another tub in the boys' bathroom. And a 3-car garage that is my nemesis because it's so messy (that's such a polite word for GROSS though).

But the one thing I wish so badly we had was a bigger laundry room. Now, we could have had a bigger one if we had not wanted a shower downstairs. And I don't regret that - it's never good to have a 2-story house without facilities on both floors if you are planning on staying in it for very long. Especially when you have elderly parents (and someday I will be elderly. Er, um, more elderly than I already am.) I just wish I could also have a bigger laundry room. It's the entrance to our garage and we are in it eleventy-billion times a day and I hate it. So I'm determined to redecorate it somehow and I've been pinning ideas. It's second on my list this year (after my office).

ETA: Ha Tara - I think we were posting at the same time!
Old 01-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ha Mary! I so feel your pain! That is the one thing I didn't want when we shopped for a new house......laundry room entry off of the garage. I wanted it to out of the foot traffic in our home. I will say that we looked at an awesome house that had a mudroom entry off of the garage that was AWESOME and then the laundry room was back by the bedrooms! It was our second choice (it had a smaller living/kitchen/dining area).
Old 01-06-2014, 06:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Everything missing in our current house can be fixed, but we've been here 8 years and not 1 major project has made it off the to-do list yet. We're finally getting estimates on remodeling our downstairs bathroom. It was wallpapered, and now most of the paper has been ripped off the walls so it looks awful. Since replacing the drywall costs about the same as removing the paper and repainting, we get to start fresh and redo it all. We also need a bigger closet in the master bedroom, or at least some shelving and such in it. Those 2 are our biggest wishes.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Our house is desperately in need of a basement. Like all houses in AZ.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

More storage space! I work from home and homeschool. We have one small pantry and one small closet for us both to share, plus a teensy bit of storage space under our bathroom vanity. THAT'S IT. So, the pantry ends up holding school stuff, food, dog food, cleaning supplies, and some of my work stuff. It makes it hard to get to things you need easily... yikes!

We can't really add in additional storage cabinets, or anything like a storage ottoman-- there just isn't space (we don't even have a couch, just a love seat).

I love this place-- it's bigger and better than any place I've had, and we're lucky enough to be attached to family, too, so that helps. But I do look forward to moving someplace with a little more storage space.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 01-07-2014, 01:23 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

honeslty we don't need anything.....our house is HUGE and only 4 years old and we have 3 full bathrooms and the funniest thing is everybody in my house like a certain bathroom, certain shower, and certain bathtub!!!! I hardly ever take a bath cause I literally fall asleep and don't wake up until the water is freezing!!! My laundry room is upstairs thankfully, but it only can hold the washer and dryer (regular size side by side) and literally that is it....and while I am grateful, I would LOVE to have an actual laundry room to be able to walk in, have some cabinets, some space to fold, etc etc....we have 6 bedrooms and I wish we would have had the option to have had a larger laundry room and only 5 bedrooms......but alas, we didn't......the one thing I WISH I woudl have gotten, a fireplace.....I just think it is a luxury that we honestly woudl all enjoy as a family.....
Old 01-07-2014, 02:17 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

A 2 car garage & better insolaton is what we need.

Wants, maybe our next house.
Larger kitchen w/ an island or bar.
Master bathroom
Laundry on the first floor
Larger bedrooms for the kids
Larger living room

This is our starter house, and I honestly love it, we've done a lot to it & have more to do before we buy another one. It's just a small house. We have a finished basement? So that is a big bonus!
Old 01-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

More cabinet space in the kitchen. We rent a large apartment and all the rooms are very spacious and home-like, but the kitchen is dinky. We love that it's open to the living spaces, but cabinet space is so minimal (even for us and we don't have a ton of stuff), we keep our larger pots and pans in the guest bathroom cabinets.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Overall I like our house (even though I complain about storage space)... there are things I would like to change - the biggest right now is that the master bedroom be away from the kitchen. I know it sounds like an odd thing... in the house I owned before being married, the master was at the back of the house and in the evening, I was too lazy to go all the way across the house for something to eat... now the master is right next to the kitchen and when a craving hits, it's right there...
Old 01-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I wish our house had a mud room ... with the laundry machines in it ... so all the dirt & snow & everything else didn't get tracked all through my house.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wish our house had a maid.