Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Hybrid Chatter
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm
Default Question about hybrid box template

One by Heather--the box that looks like a happy meal box? Is it possible to just print out guidelines off the box onto pre-existing printed 12x12 paper? Does it come with guidelines if you're not using the layers for digital papers? I'm not even sure what size paper the template prints out onto! I don't have a 12x12 printer, but one that prints on 8.5x11 to 8.5x14 and smaller.

Help?
Old 02-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

All of Heather's templates print onto 8.5x11 paper. If it's a bigger template it's sometimes split onto 2 pages, but they are made with the home printer in mind (not a wide format).

I'm not sure which specific template you're talking about, but I opened up the milk carton one in PS. The template is set up as shapes to clip papers to, and there aren't any guidelines that would print if you turned the shapes off.

My suggestion would be to recolor the template as a whole, to a light grey color, and print it out onto white cardstock. Then you can cut that out and use it as a template for the 12x12 patterned paper. Does that make sense?
Old 02-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I meant this one: https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...cat=338&page=5 Um, sorry about the long link, I'm not sure how to insert the pictures with links into these posts yet.

It's good to know the templates fit onto 8.5x11 sized paper! I think I can make some guidelines without printing and cutting apart for a pattern--that would kind of negate the benefit of not printing with a lot of ink while also using up my paper stash.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:56 PM

profile gallery send pm

That one actually says right in the description that it prints on 2 pages.
"DIY Printable Templates: Tote Box includes 1 template that requires two printings to create a tote box. Finished box measures approximately 5.25" wide by 5" tall by 3.5" deep. Step by step instructions are included. Pre-designed Tub Time printable box IS included. For personal use only. "

Printing it as a light grey uses VERY little ink. And then you only have to print it out once, and file it away for later uses. I've done it lots of times. To me, taking the time to make guidelines is far more work. But, that's just me.

Enjoy!
Old 02-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Ah, I thought the "two printings" meant you printed twice on the same piece of paper, after turning it over, so that you had coverage on the interior and the exterior. I didn't know it meant it was spaced out over two individual pieces of paper.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:20 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieB146 View Post
Ah, I thought the "two printings" meant you printed twice on the same piece of paper, after turning it over, so that you had coverage on the interior and the exterior. I didn't know it meant it was spaced out over two individual pieces of paper.
You can do it that way if you want, but I never do. I just leave the inside white.