Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg
Default Courageous..anybody seen it yet?

we're going tonight...just wondering how much Kleenex I need

nah seriously..was it really good?

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 10-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

hahaha I'll be expecting a full review! I thought we MIGHT go today, but honestly, I'm in the zone with work here. I think I'd rather design today and maybe go tomorrow or one day this week.

I've heard you should just take the whole darn box of kleenex! LOL
Old 10-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mom and dad are going to go see it by themselves while I watch Jeffrey sometime, and then I'm going to go see it another time... so I expect to hear a full review, too.
Last weekend, they showed the opening scene to it, just 5 minutes, and I was bawling my eyes out, so... lol.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 10-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been listening to the song on Casting Crowns FB page constantly. I probably won't see it in the theater, but hopefully some time!
Old 10-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My parents went last night and said it was great!! My oldest DS and nephew went and saw it tonight....my DH and I don't get out to the movies at all....sigh....
Old 10-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
I've been listening to the song on Casting Crowns FB page constantly. I probably won't see it in the theater, but hopefully some time!
they actually don't play the song at all in the movie except the ending credits.

I'll bb in a bit with a full recap..going to watch Amazing Race with my DH first

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 10-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

i am so bummed that i have to wait until it comes out on video to see it
Old 10-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We just got back from seeing it and thought it was a great movie!

Fan of ALL SSD Designers
Proud to create for:

Old 10-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Okeys I'm back

let me start by saying it's LONNNG to empty your bladder before the movie. I had to go in like the last 10 minutes after holding it forever...my bladder just isn't what it used to be!

The story and plot is great, the acting slightly better than Fireproof, but sadly still a low budget film. (and wow are we spoiled by HD movies now)

It's pretty compelling and in your face..Honestly it was maybe too much for my tender heart. I'd think it's especially emotional for the dads..to really realize the shortcomings one might feel as a father. Some of the story was hokey though and really drawn out.

Each father has a pretty distinct storyline and each face their own struggles both as men and dads. I was hooked from the opening scene. It was pretty emotional and dramatic. The first 2 minutes are online HERE..it doesn't show or give away the climax of that scene though it's much more powerful in whole. Most of the main characters are cops and for them protecting the streets is their calling and what they know how to do. When it comes to their home and family that's what proves they need the courage to tackle. They give their BEST at work..but at home they give what's "good enough"

I'm pretty sure I felt every emotion in my being during the movie. At parts I was sad, mad, angry, joyful, etc..you name it, I'm sure I felt it. Within 5 minutes of the movie starting all you could hear was sniffling. I think my DH even shed a tear.

I really think movies like this make us examine our priories. I went into the movie expecting to come out questioning myself (I did watch the trailer beforehand) I know it was based for dads but the main thought is when did "good enough" become accepted as the standard for parenting. I KNOW that I don't want to be a "good enough" mom and I know my husband does not want to be a "good enough" dad. I want to be responsible for instilling the morals and beliefs in my children and hoping and praying that the way we raise them leads them to a meaningful life that they in turn pass on to their children. The movie really challenged me to look at my role as a parent and to make sure that I'm doing everything in my power to lead my kids down the right path. (Which I think was the point)

Now..my thing with movies like this. (**WARNING ABOUT TO GO ON A PERSONAL OPINION/TANGENT**) Absentee Fathers are rampant in America and this movie really tells the story and gives statistics of children raised without father's in their lives. Yet..pretty sure the dads that are missing our on their kid's lives are not the men that will be seeing the movie. Without the hollywood hype, the people that the movie WANTS (NEEDS?) to reach are NOT the people that are going to see it. I know religion isn't something that is usually brought up or talked about much in this community but the fact that the writers and filmmakers of Courageous (and Fireproof, Facing the Giants, etc) haven't sold out to Hollywood and really kept their movies Biblical are probably what make them admired yet it's a big hindrance for them in their quest to reach the target audience that they want to reach. It's like a church calling to the members that are already attending. It's GREAT to be riveted by a sermon but the lost souls are who NEED the story. Christians should be encouraged to maybe invite somebody who's not a Christian or somebody that is curious about Christianity to view or talk about the movie with them. Get the conversation rolling and open up a new world to somebody.

I read a review before i went earlier today and it said COURAGEOUS will do for fatherhood what FIREPROOF did for marriage. I think that's an accurate statement..I stand to change the fatherhood to parenting..I know I'll be changed from it and will really work hard to make sure my children know they are my PRIORITY.

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 10-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf9597 View Post
We just got back from seeing it and thought it was a great movie!
Was Javier hilarious or what? lol he was my favorite! (I'm still laughing about him talking about Chick Fil A hah)

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 10-03-2011, 12:06 AM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

oooh, I just looked up the info on this movie. I hadn't heard of it, but now i totally want to go. I hate crying in movies, but it sounds like a powerful movie and worth the tissues.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

One of the big reasons my parents want to go is because my dad does work in Law Enforcement. It's a job that takes a LOT away from the family. I know that he doesn't want to just be a good enough dad, but I think it sometimes takes things like this to re-evaluate a little bit. I'm hoping the movie gives him the extra push to say no to that overtime and yes to going and playing street soccer with my brother for that hour or two... he is a GREAT dad, but growing up, sometimes it felt like he didn't always give us the time we needed with him, and I can tell my little brother feels that way now, too.

That said, I STILL haven't seen Fireproof... my parents haven't, either. Maybe I need to get them both movies on DVD for Christmas (if this one is on DVD then?)

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 10-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

just saw that there is an app out for study with it

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/coura...429971303?mt=8
Old 10-22-2011, 02:40 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

oh cool! I'd seen the book study at the bookstore but the app is pretty cool

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 10-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I went and saw this a week ago. Oh. My. Gosh. It was really great. I felt hit in several areas... when the kid cries and says he wasn't a good enough brother, I feel the same way sometimes. I feel like I'm not a good enough sister to my brother. That part really hit me hard.

The whole story was amazing. I cried. I laughed.

I loved the part where the guy building the shed (WHY can I not remember his name right now?!) and the guy who asked him (jeez. I'm failing here. Long day) were having that conversation, "What's your full name?" "What's YOUR full name?"

And the "Have you met the Snake Kings?" part. Gah. I about died laughing.

New Siggy Coming Soon