Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

Old 03-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry to hear about all of this.

::Creative for Polly and Rufus Designs, creashens, Paislee Press Designs,
Fizzy Pop Designs, Lauren Grier, Leora Sanford and Jazzmin Designs::
Old 03-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow. Just...wow. Kudos to you, Robin, for handling this in the way that you did.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

This is so very sad. I am so sorry you designers have to deal with this ((Hugs))
Old 03-26-2010, 10:23 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mom2twoangels

I am so sick. Seriously. I was at pretty scrappy because of Teri and my love for her and I am removing all of my layouts, etc. I do hate it hurt the good ones like Teri but I know she will do fine at gingerscraps or where ever she goes next. Wow I am just in shock.

I am so sorry guys. It is sad, just sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terimayo View Post
I almost hate to say I am a designer at Pretty Scrappy, but I am too, sick to my stomach. I actually noticed that Robin was not in the store anymore, nor are her things and wondered what the deal was. I design under the name, Teri's Thing-O-My-Jigs and I will be contacting Julie. I do this for fun and although I am a small designer, and have been established at Pretty Scrappy for about 3 years now, I will be talking to Julie tonight and will have to ask to leave the store. I sell at GingerScraps too and will have to just be happy with one store for now. There is no amount of money that would keep me at a store where the integrity is questioned. I am sorry for you, the designers that were put through this, and wanted you to know, that I for one, will have to do what is right. Thank you for bringing it to my attention in a professional manner. I just deleted everything off my ftp and am letting Julie know now. I will make sure my customers get any links that are due them. Thank you again and I wanted you to know, there are many good designers there that will suffer from this. T
Old 03-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Quote:
I almost hate to say I am a designer at Pretty Scrappy, but I am too, sick to my stomach. I actually noticed that Robin was not in the store anymore, nor are her things and wondered what the deal was. I design under the name, Teri's Thing-O-My-Jigs and I will be contacting Julie. I do this for fun and although I am a small designer, and have been established at Pretty Scrappy for about 3 years now, I will be talking to Julie tonight and will have to ask to leave the store. I sell at GingerScraps too and will have to just be happy with one store for now. There is no amount of money that would keep me at a store where the integrity is questioned. I am sorry for you, the designers that were put through this, and wanted you to know, that I for one, will have to do what is right. Thank you for bringing it to my attention in a professional manner. I just deleted everything off my ftp and am letting Julie know now. I will make sure my customers get any links that are due them. Thank you again and I wanted you to know, there are many good designers there that will suffer from this. T
When I heard about this, I simply had to come and see the truth for myself. I wasn't even registered here - but I wanted to commiserate with all the designers that this affected, as well as the store ... truly there are just no words for this! I have to say that the information was presented in an extremely professional manner and I think it's so sad that it had to come to this for all concerned.

Teri, I want to applaud you taking action so quickly! I absolutely would have done the same thing were I in your shoes. It's all very upsetting, and I'm sure this was very difficult for you to do after such a long affiliation. (((Big Hugs)))
DigiScrap Professional Designs
Old 03-26-2010, 10:36 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Quote:

Well Teri said everything I was feeling including being a designer(former as of tonight) I can't believe the lack of professionalism from the Store Owner(of Pretty Scrappy) and the crazy sick acts of the "designer". I'm so sorry this happened to everyone who was affected and I am totally saddened to have my name attached to such a site...I will be following Teri's suite in leaving the store ASAP.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:45 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

it amazes me that she didn't even recolor half those elements... like she thought she'd never get caught. totally ridiculous. What appals me the most is the store owner's behavior. That right there will make me never shop there again. I wonder if she knows she jsut screwed her store over??
Old 03-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry you all had to deal with this! You know you've hit it big when you are being ripped off like this. I think you have all handled it with class!

Old 03-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am dumb-founded.

The actions of this "designer" are absolutely disgusting, as are the actions of the store owner. They should be absolutely embarrassed for stealing the amazing works of these SSD designers, and even more embarrassed for the way they replied to the inquiries about the matter.

I see that the Pretty Scrappy store is "temporarily closed" right now. I feel bad for the honest designers working there who weren't part of these fraudulent acts and hope that they can find a deserving new store to call "home" that is honest.

I can't imagine how disheartening this must be for the awesome designers here at SSD, but I hope you girls all know that I/we totally love you and support you!

Last edited by wvasweetness; 03-26-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:02 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi View Post
it amazes me that she didn't even recolor half those elements... like she thought she'd never get caught. totally ridiculous. What appals me the most is the store owner's behavior. That right there will make me never shop there again. I wonder if she knows she jsut screwed her store over??
Um - I think she might know something bad is coming cause I just went over there out of curiosity, and both the store and the forum are down.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I think its great two of the designers left. I wouldn't wanna be associated either. I deleted my old profile there(use to CT with Teri) after deleting every layout.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

wow I am so shocked and saddened to read this......
Old 03-26-2010, 11:18 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

I just started selling my kits at Pretty Scrappy within the last month. I am so embarrassed and saddened with this behavior! Like Teri and Kathy of Modern June, I am also bowing out and will continue to sell my kits in the other stores I am in. I do not want to be associated with this behavior as I understand what it is like to spend hours designing a kit that is original that I am appalled at this situation. It is too bad this was not handled differently, there are so many designers at that store that end up suffering because of the actions of 1 or 2.

Thank you for making this known to us all!
Old 03-26-2010, 11:24 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I just want to say thank you for bringing this to the public. I had a run-in with both of these designers earlier in the month. I was also at that store, and when I contacted the store owner Julie with some issues with the quality of Robyn's CU frames (scrappergirl at the time) she flew into a fury, said I had too much rage and removed me from the store (there was no rage, LOL). Robyn is not only a designer at PS, but also the store manager (recently promoted after the previous one was quickly removed without reason), who she claims has no access to the store - ?? And currently everything is down so you can't delete your profiles even if you wanted to. Robyn's (scrappergirl) blog and site are also down with error messages. And I thought she was at Inspiration-Lane too, but I'm not seeing her name there now.

Teri and June - I am so proud. I know how hard it is to leave a store when you probably count on the income, but my growing ulcer went away as soon as my problems with them were through, hopefully your good fortune will increase as well. Karma baby - they are getting theirs!

Blog | Twitter | Facebook
Old 03-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was just mentioning to my DH that I don't think that Julie (store owner) even realized what a huge issue she caused. By defending a pirate, her whole store could be in jeapordy. That's really sad that she thought it was worth it.

I, too, feel bad for the honest ones there - they for sure will feel the back-lash. I'm so glad to see that 3 designers are already taking matters into your own hands and bowing out of the store - kudos to you!!

Huge fan of:

Old 03-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is just so sad. First of all I want to say sorry to the amazing SSD designers having to go through this and second a big sorry for those ladies that have replied in this thread that were sellers at that store and are now having to leave because of the bad choices on 2 peoples part. It's so sad. When will people ever learn that honesty is the best policy and that integrity is more important than money. Shame on the owner and designer at Pretty Scrappy that apparently haven't learned either of these lessons.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:45 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

I too am a designer at Pretty Scrappy, or was until tonight. I pulled all of my products from the ftp before access was cut off but some of my fellow designers were not so fortunate. I also sent Julie an email letting her know that I was no longer going to be associated with the store and would be looking for somewhere else to sell my designs.

Although I was not directly involved I want to thank you for handling this so professionally and to apologize for this happening in the first place.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:55 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Thanks for your support ladies. I was really afraid to even post but in the end, I am so glad I did. I did let my fellow designers know as soon as I could. While I am not one to be a "gossip girl" this was a matter of integrity. I am sure there will be others like me, who will be looking for another place to sell, and while no one wants to lose what income we made there, it would never be worth it to stay in a place who's standards do not match mine. Thanks again for bringing this out. I personally had asked Julie about this 2 days ago, as to why Robin was no longer there. She side-skirted the issue and acted like it was no big deal. I even asked "who the heck" Plain Jane was? Can you tell I am a Texas gal? No answer there either. So sad... T

*****update... one of my CT gals got an email saying that Julie had closed the store, and would be sending out all the money owed to the designers. And that all the ftp's have been deleted. So for those of you designers who like me were at PS, that was the latest. Although, I personally did not get that email, strange that one of my CT gals did, but she at one time was on a team there.

Last edited by terimayo; 03-27-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:57 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

wow, I hope karma bites her on the backside!
Old 03-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemaige View Post
I too am a designer at Pretty Scrappy, or was until tonight. I pulled all of my products from the ftp before access was cut off but some of my fellow designers were not so fortunate. I also sent Julie an email letting her know that I was no longer going to be associated with the store and would be looking for somewhere else to sell my designs.

Although I was not directly involved I want to thank you for handling this so professionally and to apologize for this happening in the first place.
I just wish that with their "disappearance" innocent customers and designers do not suffer from items they bought and cannot access and of designer's items who are in Julie and Robyn's hands now, since they were not able to take it off the FTP site.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:09 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I think what creeps me out the most is how easy it is in the digital world to just recreate a new design name. I think I will be very cautious.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:12 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

If there are any customers who did not get any of my products, please let me know and I will make sure that they receive their products. Email me at: [email protected]. I will also try to contact any other designer if you need me too. This is where we ban together. T
Old 03-27-2010, 12:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Thumbs up

Quote:
If there are any customers who did not get any of my products, please let me know and I will make sure that they receive their products. Email me at: [email protected]. I will also try to contact any other designer if you need me too. This is where we ban together. T
that is so awesome of you teri!

Old 03-27-2010, 12:34 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

It's soooo sad to have things like this keep happening. Big hugs to the designers that were affected, and kudos to Robin for handling this in a professional manner.

Old 03-27-2010, 01:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Mandy

Im so sorry, girls.
I know how hard you all work each week on your stuff. To have it snatched in such a heinous way is deplorable!
More and more I see how truly selfish people are and it's disgusting.
Best wishes, ladies. I hope this designer and store owner get everything that's coming to them.
{{{HUGS}}}
Old 03-27-2010, 01:14 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

I was a designer at Pretty Scrappy too. I have always considered piracy and copyright issues to be of extreme importance to me, and I am sick to my stomach. I was in the same design challenge at Brownie Scraps as ScrapperGirl was when she got banned, and I was extremely uneasy when she was promoted to site admin at Pretty Scrappy. I am kicking myself now for not trusting my instinct and leaving right then. I will trust my instincts in the future.

More disappointing to me than ScrapperGirls piracy is Julie's handling of the situation. The repeated new designer names as an attempt to trick SSD admin and designers makes my skin crawl.

I worked all day, so just came home to this, and the site is already gone so I don't have the ability to go in and be sure to delete my product. I wish I could somehow go back in time and remove any and all association between myself and this tore.

I had three stores once - I left one because the owner said in a group email to the designer list that violating copyright of big companies like Disney was OK because they weren't likely to sue us. Closer inspection of her personal store at the site showed a CU overlay stolen from another CU designer. I took a big income loss leaving that site, but couldn't stay.

Now with this at Pretty Scrappy, I am down to one store, where I am also on the admin team, and I know the team can be trusted because I work so closely with them. I'd like to get back to three stores but I am feeling very nervous now - two store owners with copyright/integrity issues in 3 months.

Why on EARTH to people think this is OK???
Old 03-27-2010, 01:39 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I have to agree...it always boggles my mind when I read stories like this that over and over again, some think it's ok to do stuff like this...and for the store owner to take the actions she has taken....I just cannot understand it.

I've been a shopper at SSD for a little bit now, but only just signed up for the forum so I can say, well handled in your post Robin, and I'm sorry for all the other designers that are being affected by this whole situation.

Last edited by Lissa; 03-27-2010 at 01:41 AM. Reason: typo...lol
Old 03-27-2010, 05:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd like to echo so many others by saying how impressed I am by how Robin has handled this situation in representing & defending the whole team of designers. I am so sorry this has happened to all of you - rather disgusted really.

Robin and all the other designers here consistently amaze me with their work, its a pleasure to shop (and chat!!) here. I love being part of the Sweet Shoppe world.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

I wanted to pop back on and also give kudos to the former designers that left pretty scrappy. That says a lot about you and your own integrity. ((hugs))
Old 03-27-2010, 08:24 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery
Send a message via AIM to Alyssa

I am so sorry this happened.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:33 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

So I was up till 4 am thinking about all of this and I am just flat out appaulled at this point. I can't for the life of me undestand why Julie backed Robin up durring all of this...why she felt it was ok to put the rest of us at risk. To make matter worse she has shut everything down without a single word to any of the Design Team so I feel for the designers who were not able to get their files before she closed it all down. Not only that but she deleted all of our personal email including our sales reciepts for this month...thankfully I keep record outside our emails but my goodness why? Not that I am holding my breath or anything on getting paid this month. I will take the good of my name over money any day of the week but I'm not going to say I don't depend on that income.

I just feel so bad for the REAL Designers in this situations. To have your products so blantenly ripped off, it just makes me sick to my stomach. Im at a loss with the whole thing. As Jewel says it makes me uneasy to see that a store owner would be behind it all is just flat out creepy. Robin did what she did and if Julie had handled it properly I might have stayed but she didn't, what she did is just as bad if not worse.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I got an email from Julie about the store closing, but I can't believe the reason! I am seriously in shock right now. . .I'm so so sorry you guys have to deal with this. Huge *hugs* for everyone here at SSD.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallMoments View Post
I wanted to pop back on and also give kudos to the former designers that left pretty scrappy. That says a lot about you and your own integrity. ((hugs))
Just want to say the same.
Love
Old 03-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

My daughter and I (PolkaDotChicks) are also designers (or rather were) designers at Pretty Scrappy. I woke her up last night to tell her this...she was ticked off. Mind you, she is only 15 and has more integrity than Julie and the other designer who did this.

I was going to post last night that we were also leaving PS along with terimayo and some others but alas, the FTP and store were already locked down. I woke up to an email this AM that Julie has closed the store and that she is done. That was the 2 line email this AM. NO explanation or warning or whatever.

I am sickened that a store owner would back the designer in the stealing and piracy and copying. I am so sorry to the designers of Sweet Shoppe for the lack of morals and integrity of PS owner/and the other designer.

We are still slightly in shock ....especially since my daughter was finishing up her own kit to sell....

Tammy & Shelby
Old 03-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I just need to say that it speaks volumes for all the former Pretty Scrappy designers to step down and close their stores in support of SSD. It proves that there is integrity in this bad situation. I do hope that you all will post your links in the new thread that Robin created where you can tell us where your new/current stores can be found.

I am so sorry to everyone affected by this.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

"I can't take it anymore and I'm done."

That's what she said when she closed the store, lol!! Apparently seh didn't know just how big it was to back a pirater!
Old 03-27-2010, 10:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi View Post
"I can't take it anymore and I'm done."

That's what she said when she closed the store, lol!! Apparently seh didn't know just how big it was to back a pirater!
That is so sad. She should be absolutely ashamed of her actions.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

I personally have received no email, no communication from Julie whatsoever. I woke up this morning to find my email not working, I couldn't retrieve my kits from ftp which is TERRIFYING! What will be done with them?? On top of it all, because of PS's birthday bash, I generated quite a bit of sales this past month that I pray she will at least have a shred of integrity to honor her contract with all the designers.

This is horrible. I still can't understand why a store owner would lose it ALL over something like this! Now I have to let my CT know! ugh.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This whole thing is so horrible. Both parties should be ashamed.

Robin, as always, you are a class act. It's a shame that people are so dishonest.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:55 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I wasn't even a member here until about 2 minutes ago...but I felt that I needed to post and tell all of you how saddened I am for you. I am a designer at a wonderful store and am just shocked at the way this was handled by PS. To stand behind a pirate in that manner and put her entire team of designers in a spot like that is a slap in the face to the wonderful artists that were stolen from as well as the HONEST designers that were trying to make a go of it at PS. I applaud the professionalism that was displayed by this site as well as those former PS designers that took a stand.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubylane View Post
I personally have received no email, no communication from Julie whatsoever. I woke up this morning to find my email not working, I couldn't retrieve my kits from ftp which is TERRIFYING! What will be done with them?? On top of it all, because of PS's birthday bash, I generated quite a bit of sales this past month that I pray she will at least have a shred of integrity to honor her contract with all the designers.

This is horrible. I still can't understand why a store owner would lose it ALL over something like this! Now I have to let my CT know! ugh.

RubyLane-
email me at [email protected] and I will forward you the email I got this AM.
Tammy
Old 03-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I just had to drop in and say how awful I think this is. I know a few of the designers from PS because I helped get it up and running when Casey first created it. Over the course of 2 years it has changed ownership more than any other store that I know of. I just feel so bad for those designers like Teri that I know are caught in this mess. I know one of the designers is out of town on a family vacation, and she is going to be shocked to come home to all of this mess.
I just wanted to say I am so impressed with how this site is handling the situation. You ladies are fabulous and I thank you for your grace in this difficult horrible situation.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I saw the link to this discussion on facebook so here I am.... I wanted to say, first of all, to Robin and the designers at SSD that I am sorry you had to deal with this as a store and on personal levels as it obviously affected so many of you. To the designers at Pretty Scrappy who were just caught as innocent bystanders, I am sorry to you as well. Kudos to those of you who have stepped up and walked away, even before the site was closed. You did the honorable thing by taking yourself away from the situation. I hope that the store owner will realize that the closing of the store in such a way was unprofessional and will follow through in completing her contract with you all and providing your customers the product they have purchased.

Sadly, this stuff happens all the time. So many times it is kept behind closed doors because store owners and designers prefer to stay out of the limelight of drama and handle matters privately. It isn't easy to bring these such issues in to the spotlight and for that, I commend you Robin. Way to go for standing up for your designers. Designing has become a scary business with store owners who close stores willy nilly, run away with designers' earnings, protect pirates and do all sorts of other sneaky and underhanded things. Its easy to forget sometimes that there are many supportive and upstanding store owners looking out for the designers who call that store home. Thanks for the reminder. I am/have been at some great stores but I've been at just as many that left a bad taste in my mouth so I always appreciate hearing that a store owner is doing right by his/her designers.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

you know how deep my anger goes towards this crap! it cannot be tolerated. you and every single one of the designers here deserved this to be taken care of and i'm so sorry it wasn't! thank you for bringing this to our attention! i wish more people would take the high road. *sigh*
Old 03-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

i am reading the rest of this thread and i had to give giant hugs to all of the staffers that were innocent at PS!!! you poor things!!!!!! HUGE HUGS!!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I am reading the new posts since I visited yesterday, and I wanted to say how sorry I am to all of the Pretty Scrappy designers who were totally innocent in all of this, and got caught in the crossfire. I really hope you receive the money you are owed. Many hugs to everyone affected, some people really have no shame.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:12 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mom2twoangels

I won't go into details but i talked to the owner of pretty scrappy last night. I was terribly disappointed that she is still defending robyn and standing beside her. Until I realized the second kit shown was a collab by Julie (the owner of ps) and Robyn. So apparently they were in it together.

Its just so sickening.

But there is a good thing, the good truthful designers at ps didn't lose everything when she deleted the ftps because luckily someone had done a back up.

I just hope the designers like Teri and Modern June and Jewel find other stores that will welcome them and be honest.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

All this makes me want to throw up!!! I had no idea what was going on. I was on ScrapperGirl's CT. She was going on about how she was innocent and had the store's owners backing her up as proof. I am personally sorry for the people this has hurt and angered. I have deleted all my pages and kits of hers that I have. I think I am going to go cry now. This is all so insane! I can't believe because of one person's actions all this has happened. I am sorry to the people who lost their store they were selling at and the people who's hard work was stolen!
Old 03-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnbear View Post
All this makes me want to throw up!!! I had no idea what was going on. I was on ScrapperGirl's CT. She was going on about how she was innocent and had the store's owners backing her up as proof. I am personally sorry for the people this has hurt and angered. I have deleted all my pages and kits of hers that I have. I think I am going to go cry now. This is all so insane! I can't believe because of one person's actions all this has happened. I am sorry to the people who lost their store they were selling at and the people who's hard work was stolen!
HUGS! There was no way you could know! At least you are doing the right thing now that you do know.

Huge fan of:

Old 03-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

On behalf of Shelby and I, we want to say thank you first for SSD for bringing this to our attention no matter how painful it was. Also we want to say thank you for the warm wishes everyone is leaving for all of the rest of us that have left or are in the process of leaving PS due to this incident.

And to all the designers at SSD - your owner ROCKS!