Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-07-2013, 12:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default So it's October ...

What are you/your family going to be for Halloween.

Mya is the only one in our family who wants to dress up this year. She wants to be a car hop girl. She doesn't even know what a car hop girl is, but thinks the costume is cute
Old 10-07-2013, 02:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ohhh Mya would be the CUTEST car hop girl! We don't do halloween here, but I love seeing the photos of what your kids get up to!
Old 10-07-2013, 05:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We don't really do Halloween here either...at least, not me or my friends. I do see some parents love dressing up their kids though, and there's always a yearly trick-or-treat in my condo
Old 10-07-2013, 07:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Jillian is going as a gothy vampire girl (think Hotel Transylvania) and Evelyn is going as Frankenstein. I don't know what I want to do and Andy doesn't dress up.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:06 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ben will be Picachu (Pokemon) and Jason will be Clone Trooper Rex (Star Wars). Lauren saw a kids' Venus costume in a catalog and keeps saying that's what she wants to be, but the I'm hoping she'll be easy to sway to something else when we go to the store. (The Venus costume isn't at a store that's convenient for us, and Amazon doesn't have it.) Dan and I don't usually dress up.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:13 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

L.J. decided on a mummy costume this year, purely based on the fact that he saw an Egyptian dagger at the Halloween store and thought it would be a good weapon for a mummy.

What I love is that his costume will go so well with all the Halloween kits

Old 10-07-2013, 07:43 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ella is going as a ballerina and Avery designed his own costume. He draws comics constantly and his main character is " Ultra Avery" and he wants to go as that...I think it's adorable

Old 10-07-2013, 07:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oliver wants to be a wizard ala the Sorceror's Apprentice, and Camilla is going to be a "scary witch" (but I'm hoping to go cuter and avoid painting a 2 yo green. We will see if it works.)
Old 10-07-2013, 08:31 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
Ella is going as a ballerina and Avery designed his own costume. He draws comics constantly and his main character is " Ultra Avery" and he wants to go as that...I think it's adorable
That is so creative!!

My kids both want to be vampires. No princesses or super heroes in this house.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a little disappointed mine won't all "go" together, but it wasn't a battle I was going to win this year... DD is too stubborn, lol. She is going as Cruella de vil and my boys are going to be two of the guys from KISS. I can't wait to see what they look like all dressed up
Old 10-07-2013, 09:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are actually going to a Halloween Party this year so I need to decide...probably going with good witch and a nerd for me and DH. the kitties don't dress up.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Keira is going to be a Gypsy (fortune teller), Cooper is going to be Darth Vader & Harper is going to be an Ewok.

My nephews are going to be Yoda & R2D2 (I crocheted the R2D2 hat for the 3 month old). They are trick or treating with us, so we'll have a whole Star Wars gang!
Old 10-07-2013, 11:26 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

So many creative and fun costume ideas.

Nikki, I think that is so neat Avery is going as a character from his own writing/drawing. Awesome.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

Madelyn is being Catrine Demew (from Monster High)

Emma has said she wants to be Draculara (also from Monster High) but idk that I'll be able to find a costume for her. We may have to improvise

Old 10-07-2013, 01:50 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Sean is feeding his new love for Nascar and getting a Jeff Gordon costume. Ian has been wanting to be Indiana Jones for a few years now, so we're doing that for him. Raegan is going to be Doc McStuffins, and Kay is going as Goldilocks. Should be fun.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm making Lucas his costume he is going to be lego batman and for lily she is going to be a girl robin hood
Old 10-07-2013, 02:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

Aida is usually the only one with a costume. This is the one we got for her. I really wanted her to be a ninja (her first idea) but couldn't find one we liked and I am not crafty enough to make one.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
LOL...Avery and Jason would get along well. Jason created Super Jason, his own character within the Star Wars universe. He had an entire biography for himself and was constantly telling us about his adventures. A few years ago, when he was 7 or 8, he was very torn about whether to go as Super Jason or not. In the end he chose not to because he wanted people to be able to recognize his costume without an explanation.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Ooooh I LOVE halloween time!

We found Chloe's costume at a consignment shop, so she's going to be a pink poodle -

Old 10-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Carrie is going to be Sofia the first and Molly will be Minnie Mouse. Just snagged the costumes this weekend.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think Jake is going to be a Weatherman for Halloween... I'm trying to figure that out... thinking of getting one of those umbrella hats and have dangling shapes of rain drops, snow flakes, and suns hanging inside it.. then a suit/tie... have a microphone with the channel number on it... wish I could think of a "matching" trick or treat bag to go with it...
Old 10-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Nicholas is going as Anakin Skywalker. I messed up though. He's been saying for months that he wants to be a zombie pirate, but I was messing around on Zulily and showed him the Anakin costume which he then wanted instead and I ordered. After I ordered it, I remembered that on our cruise in January there is a pirate night and he needs a pirate costume. Now I have to buy the pirate costume anyway. He'll be cute as Anakin at least.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I'm making Lucas his costume he is going to be lego batman and for lily she is going to be a girl robin hood
I'm going to have a batman and robin too.. sorta.

Caitrin is going as batgirl. She is going to wear a batgirl t-shirt with an attached cape, a black skirt, leggings and these knee high batman socks I found that also have capes on them.

Declan is going to be Robin. I need to find him a costume, but I will.

On a side note... Caitrin's crush is going as batman. Couples costumes in 6th grade?? Really?? LOL More coincidence than anything but they think it is cool.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
I think Jake is going to be a Weatherman for Halloween... I'm trying to figure that out... thinking of getting one of those umbrella hats and have dangling shapes of rain drops, snow flakes, and suns hanging inside it.. then a suit/tie... have a microphone with the channel number on it... wish I could think of a "matching" trick or treat bag to go with it...
What about doing something like printing out a weather forecast or something and instead of "chance of rain" you could do "chance of treats?"
Old 10-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
I'm going to have a batman and robin too.. sorta.

Caitrin is going as batgirl. She is going to wear a batgirl t-shirt with an attached cape, a black skirt, leggings and these knee high batman socks I found that also have capes on them.

Declan is going to be Robin. I need to find him a costume, but I will.

On a side note... Caitrin's crush is going as batman. Couples costumes in 6th grade?? Really?? LOL More coincidence than anything but they think it is cool.
haha that is SO funny! Lucas is in kindergarten and he has a "girlfriend" in second grade.

He convinced her that she should be bat girl.. he said to her "don't worry i can get my mom to make your costume"
Old 10-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
I like Kristin's idea but you could also make him a trick or treat bag shaped like the sun or if you just get him a black bag, you could put a weather forecast across the front of it by using felt or printing and then ironing it on
Old 10-07-2013, 11:22 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

We are always invited to a friend's house for Halloween *she has a party every year).....this year it is on Nov 1st (Matt doesn't go) but Abby, Sam and I probably will and it is a Day of the Dead party.....so I am going to paint my face and Abby's face something similar to this and make us fun big flowery headbands.....

but for actual Halloween, Abby and I will be 50's Poodle skirt girls ( I am making the skirts) and we already have all the accesories...not sure about Ben and Peyton.....we normally just take Peyton to the store and he picks out whatever he wants and we go with it
Old 10-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

last week it was zombie and vampire

this week it's Wednesday Addams and a blue power ranger.

Who knows. LOL
Old 10-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't know! My youngest wants to be a dog ( this week ). My teenager and her friends really want to go as characters from Supernatural, my DD being Castiel, but I'm not sure they can pull it off.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think Blake is going to be a pirate (black beard) and Landon is going to be woody. We are going to Disneyland and will be going to Mickey's Halloween party so are kind of going Disney themed.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Linus is going to be Lightning McQueen. We're going on a Disney Cruise in November so he will be able to wear his costume there as well. Totally forgot that he will need something for Pirate Night too!
Old 10-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eranslow View Post
I think Blake is going to be a pirate (black beard) and Landon is going to be woody. We are going to Disneyland and will be going to Mickey's Halloween party so are kind of going Disney themed.
The Halloween party is so much fun...tons of people but still so much fun. My son went as Buzz Lightyear the year we went and even had a dance off with
Disney's Buzz Lightyear...it was too cute.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My little guy is going as Batman...again. He did give me a break last year so I can't complain. I'm debating if I'm going to dress up...I never do...if so, I'm going to try to find a Wonder Woman costume.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We don't really do much trick or treating-- just visiting a handful of houses on our block-- so I debated on whether or not it was worth it to get a costume and take Zach this year (he is still having some stranger anxiety... so our neighbors right across the street, he'll be fine with, but the ones further up the block, he won't... and the neighbors across the street would give him a treat costume or not...).

However, yesterday, my mom found a Target daily deal online for a Superman PJ costume with cape, and I like that I can use it as pajamas the rest of the year, instead of just a one-time costume that he won't get to wear again... so, I bought it! Superman it is!

Momma here isn't dressing up at all... but I know there is a Wonder Woman headband lying around here somewhere, so I may throw that on while I take him trick or treating.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 10-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via ICQ to Lukasmummy Send a message via MSN to Lukasmummy Send a message via Yahoo to Lukasmummy

We have a new headteacher at school who agreed to let us have a Halloween themed school disco, the old one wouldn't even have the word Halloween mentioned at school. Logan wants to wear his monster pyjamas lol (it's green and looks something like a dinosaur) I am hoping Leia will be able to come too and she can wear Logan's old devil suit or maybe the spider set, although I am very tempted by a little witches outfit but I begrudge paying that much for something that she can only wear once, and will probably be freezing in. Hugs Crystal x