Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I didn't say it was BAD hahaha! Just weird things happen that only happen when you're prego
Old 07-12-2011, 02:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Guess I should check in here more often cuz I didn't know you were pregnant! Congrats! Hope your morning sickness goes away quickly.

~~Siggie by Laura (emmasmommy)~~
Old 07-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

My one girlfriend is 2-3 weeks "ahead" of me in her pregnancy, and she keeps telling me what's to come. I would mention something this weekend, and my mom would just say "oh just wait, just you wait". I was like gee, thanks guys, now I'm really looking forward to it, lol.

I definitely have a greater understanding that every body handles these changes soooooooo differently. After getting sick last night (at 9pm, right on schedule) I couldn't help but tear up. And poor Jordan just doesn't know what to do, because there's really nothing he can do to help. I joked yesterday with my girlfriend that I feel like the baby is trying to kill me, lol. Hopefully it'll be over soon, or I can get a script and get a little relief. I have a hard time doing much of anything at this point. Car rides upset me (which is awesome with a 45 minute commute) so I get home after work and crawl into bed to try and relieve the nausea. Last night I barely managed to unload the dishwasher without getting sick from the smells. I just feel bad that Jordan has to do so much right now.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Colleen, the baby is trying to kill you, lol. They really are parasites for those nine months, sucking the life out of you little by little. I've had three kids and each one sapped me through various methods but mostly by making me anemic.

Don't do the dishwasher, let Jordan do that. He'll survive taking it all on for a few months while you grow his baby.

When I was pregnant with my first bathrooms and kitchens gave me the dry heaves. Can't really avoid bathrooms but I pretty much stayed out of the kitchen for those weeks.

Many hugs and feel better....and get some zofran!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenSwerb View Post
My one girlfriend is 2-3 weeks "ahead" of me in her pregnancy, and she keeps telling me what's to come. I would mention something this weekend, and my mom would just say "oh just wait, just you wait". I was like gee, thanks guys, now I'm really looking forward to it, lol.
LOL Seriously. One of my good friends back home is pregnant with her 2nd child right now and she does this to me ALL the time. My favorite comment - "you know, it really does feel like an alien growing inside of you." Umm yeah, thanks for that.

HUGS Col, hope you can find some relief soon!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Col don't feel bad. I literally spent 4 mos on the couch b/c any type of motion would make me feel even sicker lol. I couldn't stand ANY smells...even DH smelled bad to me and I'd say, "just get away..just go in the next room" lol

My weird thing during the 1st trimester was complete computer aversion. I literally shut it down and never even felt like looking at it. It would make me feel sicker to sit in front of it but it was also just complete lack of interest. It was so weird.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:52 AM

profile gallery send pm

I WANT to scrap, but the thought of doing more than laying in bed and avoiding vomiting at night is just too much for me. :/

Jordan was SO GROSS last night. We bought a TON of stone to put in a patio and a bunch of planting bed this summer, except we're never home. So now that I can't help, he's planning on working all night after work. It was like 93 last night, and he smelled SO BAD. I made him get undressed downstairs in the laundry room and immediately get in the shower, it was awful.
Tiger farted in my face on sunday night. That was pretty gross too, and def made me throw up.
::sigh:: I just say a little prayer every time I get sick, that God will see me through and take care of me. I just made a waffle in the work kitchen, and got sick while it was cooking. The work kitchen at lunch is pretty much torture, I can't even deal with it.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

= at you being pregnant

= at the morning sickness. gah i didn't realize it would get that bad. I hope it goes away quick!
Old 07-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenSwerb View Post
Tiger farted in my face on sunday night. That was pretty gross too, and def made me throw up.
LOL (sorry)...I think that would be pretty gross whether or not you were pg! ((hugs)) girl...hope the nausea goes away soon.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

OMG...I go on vacation and come back to you being preggo...Woot!!!! So excited for you Col!! Sounds like telling the family went well. I has ms too, but not as bad as you. I finally figured out that if I ate something I felt a lot better. Food smells got to me big time. Cooking raw meat totally grossed me out for a while. Hope you find something to help you out, but it might just take a few weeks for your hormones to level off. Just look at it as your first big adventure into the whole parenting thing.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

As I was complaining about PMS yesterday - luckily the wait is over (ahem), and I've been suffering from a nasty nausea all day long. The older I get the worse it gets. But it's only one day, so quite bearable and not really worth mentioning.

Can't imagine having it all day, every day. I can so sympathise with you, Col. *hugs*

I wonder why it has to be this way - nature sure could have invented some less annoying procedure. ;-)

Old 07-12-2011, 12:46 PM

profile gallery send pm

Thanks hon. I'm glad you'll at least feel better soon.

I think the worst part is that from everything I've read, there's no explanation for it. They assume that it's the hormones but can't "fix" it. They don't know why some things help some women and others don't (like ginger). They just know that it happens to a lot of women. Awesome. Lol! I mean, it's 2011 people, shouldn't there be a better fix for this by now?

ETA: Thanks Juli That'll teach you to go on vacation
Old 07-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

that's a bummer about the morning sickness - it really stinks Congrats tho - it sounds like you guys had a blast telling the family!
Old 07-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats to you both Col!!! ...I know you're feeling down with the morning sickness, but its exciting news and I'm so glad to hear how happy your families are too.

Hope the sickness phase passes very soon - I know it sounds odd but a friend who also had dire morning sickness found eating a litlle & very, very often helped. Worth a try if you can face food....?