Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Unhappy [NSBR] SO frustraded!!

*This is going to be long. I apologize in advance, but I need to vent. And I know there's a lot of pregnant ladies here, so I guess you'll be able to understand me better than anyone else.*
I'm so frustrated and disappointed I'm crying here since I came back from the OB's office. I'm completely lost.
I moved from Brazil to Canada 2 months ago. Today was the 1st time I went to see an obstetrician here, I was just seeing a family doctor b/c no OB wanted or could accept me so far in my pregnancy. Wonderful.
But the nurses in the hospital were very helpful and kind to me and they managed to make an appointment for me w/ the obstetrics chief of the hospital. He accepted me as a new patient.
To make a long story short: I left the OB's office today with a scheduled c-section. The reason? He doesn't know if the cut of my 1st c-section was made properly, so he is scared to let me try to have a vaginal birth. He doesn't even want me to go into labor!!
I was REALLY looking forward to have a VBAC. I don't get it. I am fine, the baby is great... To a person who found herself pregnant in the beginning of a process of moving overseas and starting a new life and who is going through a lot, I guess I'm doing great! He doesn't trust me (and that I can understand) when I say the cut usually made in Brazil is a low transverse cut, totally compatible w/ a trying a VBAC. I know a LOT of friends who made it in Brazil and even other countries. I know everyone is different, but... I feel like he's stealing my options. I wanna go into labor this time!
My 1st c-section was an emergency one b/c I was w/ a high blood pressure (160/100) since the beginning and at 37 weeks I passed out in the bathroom of my house. Things were just too complicated at that time.
But this time it's not like that. The ONLY reason he gave to me is he doesn't know how the cut was made. I can understand his position about it, b/c I know everything will be over his shoulders. But my mind can't accept that as a good reason for the scheduled c-section, since I know the cut is compatible. I'm feeling powerless to deal w/ all this. I fear that If I say "sorry, but I wanna try it anyway", he'll no longer want me as a patient, you know? Who will want to take me in the last weeks of my pregnancy AND let me try to have a VBAC? It's too much... I don't know what can I do and/or how to do it being in a new country, a totally new and different reality for me.
I'm very sad and frustrated. Lost...
If you're still here, thanks for reading me.
xoxo

Last edited by Giseli Freitas; 01-17-2012 at 09:06 PM.