Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-30-2019, 12:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Facts 08/30

Let's all get to know each other a little better. Here's some fun questions to answer.
  1. What's an activity you like to do alone?
  2. What's an activity that you like to do with others?
  3. When was the last time you binge watched a tv show, or have you ever?
  4. What's your fave snack when reading or watching tv?
  5. Are you anticipating an upcoming tv or book release this fall/winter?
Old 08-30-2019, 12:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What's an activity you like to do alone?
Exercise. I like to jog (with Taz) or work out in my basement. I've got weights, a balance board, stepper and balance ball. I used to go to the gym but I prefer to work out at my own convenience, not in a class.

What's an activity that you like to do with others?
I belong to a few photography groups and love when we go on an outing together. We all went to the owl sanctuary in the spring and I had a blast, chatting with others, meeting new people and looking at everyone's pics. I don't go much in the summer b/c I'm busy with family stuff but in the fall I'll go on a few day trips with them.

When was the last time you binge watched a tv show, or have you ever?
We just binged Stranger Things Season 3 last wkend and loved it but now am bummed we'll be waiting awhile for another season.

What's your fave snack when reading or watching tv?
I try to stay away from high carb snacks but sometimes have chips or popcorn but mostly I snack on homemade banana or pumpkin loaf, homemade brownie bars or protein bar.

Are you anticipating an upcoming tv or book release this fall/winter?
Can't wait for AHS: 1984, the final season of Criminal Minds, The Good Doctor, Prodigal Son and my two fave tear jerker shows, This Is Us and A Million Little Things. There are a million more b/c I am a tvaholic but I'll keep this short LOL.
Old 08-30-2019, 02:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What's an activity you like to do alone? running/walking.

What's an activity that you like to do with others? eating out, is that counted?

When was the last time you binge watched a tv show, or have you ever? I did Stranger Things too! I get to watch 3 episodes in one day and I had a blast.

What's your fave snack when reading or watching tv? just coffee.

Are you anticipating an upcoming tv or book release this fall/winter? yes, I'm waiting for the conclusion of the book series, The Fol of the Air by Holly Black. It's supposed to come out in Novemver. For tv shows, well I'm waiting for a couple, NCIS, The Flash, Supergirl, Supernatural, Criminal Minds and The Blacklist.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What's an activity you like to do alone? workout.... I do not like to exercise in front of others. I have started cycling at the gym since hubby got us a membership, but that's it (and even that makes me very uncomfortable).
What's an activity that you like to do with others? Watch TV or movies.... I don't laugh/get into the emotions of a show or movie alone so I don't find it enjoyable by myself.
When was the last time you binge watched a tv show, or have you ever? Ummmm, it never ends.... when we watch shows it's from beginning to end then move on to a new one and repeat.
What's your fave snack when reading or watching tv? I don't really snack anymore, but gummie bears always used to be a favorite.
Are you anticipating an upcoming tv or book release this fall/winter? Not really..... a couple shows I'm looking forward to their return, but nothing new has jumped out at me to keep an eye out for.
Old 08-30-2019, 08:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What's an activity you like to do alone? Scrap!

What's an activity that you like to do with others? Go fishing

When was the last time you binge watched a tv show, or have you ever? Just finished New Girl (again for the 3rd-4th time) I always binge, is there another way to watch your favorite shows?

What's your fave snack when reading or watching tv? Ice Cream, not great, but SO good. lol or Chips

Are you anticipating an upcoming tv or book release this fall/winter? Hmmm? Looking forward to Queen Sugar's next season, Good Girls, and a few others.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What's an activity you like to do alone? Read!

What's an activity that you like to do with others? Float on the lake

When was the last time you binge watched a tv show, or have you ever? It's been a while. I need a new show!

What's your fave snack when reading or watching tv? Trying not to snack. I do eat some Good Thins (corn) if I snack. Or fruit.

Are you anticipating an upcoming tv or book release this fall/winter? I read everything by Jodi Piccoult, Lisa Gardner and Lisa Scottoline. I try not to look ahead because then it's hard to wait! LOL
Old 08-30-2019, 09:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Everything?!

Really people-y things like concerts or festivals/fairs are things I don't do on my own.

When was the last time you binge watched a tv show or have you ever?
The last show I binge-watched was "Russian Doll" on Netflix. It was fantastic.

Something salty and/or something chocolate-y.

Outlander season 5 comes out in February 2020!
Old 08-30-2019, 09:51 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Sleep. I'm a light sleeper, so DH sleeps in another room. The kids know I think they're REALLY sick if I allow them to sleep in bed with me lol.

Play board games.

IDK what you consider a binge...like, more than three hours' worth of episodes in a row? If so...then probably yesterday lol. I'm rewatching Archer; I watch while I fold laundry

Chocolate. Coffee.

I want to see Hustlers (love that it's a female-driven film...not just the leads but the director, writers, etc). And as a family we all want to see Abominable.
Old 08-30-2019, 10:53 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

There’s not much I like doing alone! I’m a people person. There is ONE thing I can specifically say I would rather do alone, and that’s driving. I love taking a good drive alone down the coast with the windows down and the music playing... with the ocean breeze blowing in. Especially when I can go through a Starbucks drive through on my trip. That’s the best.

Pretty much everything. I like having people with me... everything is better with friends. I like having someone to talk to.

When was the last time you binge watched a tv show, or have you ever?

My daughter and I are binge watching Little House on the Prairie. But it’s a controlled binge. We limit ourselves to 3 episodes at a time.

I don’t really snack very much. I do enjoy a cup of tea when I’m settled in to watch a show or read, though.

The next book in the Ruth Galloway mystery series! Can’t wait.

Old 08-30-2019, 11:24 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

What's an activity you like to do alone? Just about anything! Maybe because I'm an only child, a lot of the things I like to do are things that are easily enjoyed without company (reading, knitting, sewing, running, etc.)

What's an activity that you like to do with others? Knitting group, bunco, walking, board games

When was the last time you binge watched a tv show, or have you ever? Um...this morning?! Just finished watching season 3 of Workin' Moms, I think it was released on Wednesday, lol.

What's your fave snack when reading or watching tv? pretzels or a bowl of cereal.

Are you anticipating an upcoming tv or book release this fall/winter? not really...something will catch my eye. Maybe This is Us if timing & internet work out right.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:32 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What's an activity you like to do alone? I'm the epitome of an extrovert, but I still like doing all of the typical things people do alone. I wouldn't say there are anything that are traditionally done with others that I need to do on my own.
What's an activity that you like to do with others? In general, I like being around other people, even if I'm not interacting with them.
When was the last time you binge watched a tv show, or have you ever? Stranger Things and Yellowstone
What's your fave snack when reading or watching tv?I don't snack when I read or watch TV.
Are you anticipating an upcoming tv or book release this fall/winter? I don't watch much TV, so nothing is really on my radar
Old 08-31-2019, 09:23 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't mind doing most things alone.... with 4 kiddos of my own and a handful of other mommas kiddos here, alone time is precious. I like to swim, read, craft, paint....

Love game nights and card games. Also love going to crops and scrapping with other crafters.

Yesterday... Binged When Calls The Heart on Netflix while I was doing back to school set up in my home child care room.

Ice Cream or Pop Corn, if I snack... I usually scrap while I watch TV.

I am not so patiently awaiting TV show Outlander season 5 in February. And the last Outlander book (9) should be released soon, I'm on book 6, so I have some time.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow