Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-13-2015, 02:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default What are your plans this week?

In the lead up to Christmas I'm guessing I'm not the only one with a busy week ahead of me.

Kids have prizegiving on Tuesday, then finish school at 1pm for the year. They'll then be on summer break till 1st of Feb. I'll take the day off work to go to prizegiving tomorrow, but still have to work Wed/Thurs. Since I work at a kindy, the kids will come to work with me and help do the end of term pack up. They're excited about it actually. I also have a meeting to go to Tuesday afternoon, and Elisa's swimming is on Thursday afternoon. Friday we have the day off, and the neighbours kids are sleeping over. No plans for the weekend besides a church Christmas party on Saturday, and church on Sunday. I'm looking forward to finishing work too - like the kids, I don't have to start back again till Feb. Lots of scrapping time. Yay!

So what is everyone else doing this week?

Last edited by jacinda; 12-13-2015 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

What is prizegiving?
Old 12-13-2015, 02:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
What is prizegiving?
Ah, sorry - it's like end of year school awards. Top student, best in math, best in sports, citizenship award etc. It's the first year our school has done it. Elisa is getting a prize for something, but we don't know what yet.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:53 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

ohh ok gotcha! exciting for elisa!!

This week we have Lucas's school Christmas concert on tuesday. Darcy and I have to drive to Montana to pick something up on Wednesday. It's the kids last week of school before Christmas Holidays here. Today we are driving to town to go see the holiday train - the train travels through canada (and some parts of USA) and stops at various towns and puts on a Christmas concert on one of the train cars Decorated with lights etc
Old 12-13-2015, 03:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I work Monday through Thursday. The kids go to school the same days. Each day we have a plethora of Christmas activities at our respective schools. My husband and I both have eye appointments this week and I have a dental appointment as well. My work Christmas party is Wednesday evening and we will be exchanging our Secret Santa gifts at that time.

I am also coordinating the Angel Tree ministry at work and I will be busy checking to see that those adopting the kiddos have brought the gifts back to the church and all of that. Saturday will be spent delivering gifts for that.

In the middle of all of that, we are dealing with the offer we put on the house and will have to try and set up a home inspection, etc.
Old 12-13-2015, 03:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Today we are driving to town to go see the holiday train - the train travels through canada (and some parts of USA) and stops at various towns and puts on a Christmas concert on one of the train cars Decorated with lights etc

Oh, I'd like to hear how it is. The night it was by us in the US we weren't feeling well and decided it was better to skip it. It sounds like fun.
Old 12-13-2015, 03:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We had our main Christmas celebration back at Thanksgiving because that was when everyone was in town. Not sure what we are doing for "real Christmas" yet.
Old 12-13-2015, 03:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This week just about killed me. My kids have mid-terms this week so if they can get through those and multiple practices we'll be home free. I have a couple of stocking stuffers to get but I'm done shopping/wrapping/shipping. I'd like to bake but it's been so hot, I'm hoping it will cool of some. I'm so ready for some lazy days and family time. My husband works Christmas so we're hoping to cram in some festivities when the kids get done with school.
Old 12-13-2015, 03:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
ohh ok gotcha! exciting for elisa!!
Today we are driving to town to go see the holiday train - the train travels through canada (and some parts of USA) and stops at various towns and puts on a Christmas concert on one of the train cars Decorated with lights etc
That sounds fun!
Old 12-13-2015, 03:21 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Just a lot of working, nothing special. I've been doing some cleaning to prep the house for the holidays as well, but since I have fibromyalgia I can only do little bits each time. So I'll need to do some more cleaning as well.
Old 12-13-2015, 03:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap2day View Post
Oh, I'd like to hear how it is. The night it was by us in the US we weren't feeling well and decided it was better to skip it. It sounds like fun.
We always enjoy it. We live in a very small town with not many Christmas activities to take part in so i'm sure that helps make it special for us when the options are limited lol. It comes to us every other year.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:38 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

We don't have much planned this week. We still have school into next week. It's just a normal week for us. I do plan to take Nicholas to see Santa at the mall and to a Santa village thing. That's about all.
Old 12-13-2015, 05:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It is a crazy week for us!

Ellie is going to the Christmas shop tomorrow morning at her school to buy presents for her brothers, her dad, and me. We also have 2 appointments tomorrow evening to see a couple of rental houses we may want to get. We have a fundraiser at a local restaurant Tuesday night for her school (if you bring a coupon with you, the school receives a percentage of the money you spend on your meal). My MIL's birthday is Wednesday. Thursday night is Cocoa with Santa at Ellie's school which I am supposed to send in candy canes or hot chocolate mix for & then take her to that evening, and Friday is Rudolph Day. It's also Spirit Week all week so she's supposed to wear different themed outfits every day. Next Friday night or Saturday afternoon is a Holy Walk (walking through 'Bethlehem') at a local(ish) high school.

We also need to fit in driving through one of the local neighborhoods to see the lights with my grandfather, moving if we find a suitable rental house, making and ordering our Christmas card, and getting my eyebrows done.

Oh, and we haven't bought any Christmas presents yet.

Last edited by LeeAndra; 12-13-2015 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-13-2015, 05:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not a whole lot of fun Christmas'y stuff. Dental and orthodontist appointments and I'm SUPPOSED to have dental surgery on Wed but I'm pretty sure I'm going to back out of it. I have already rescheduled twice because I'm terrified.

My friend is the band leader for one of our high schools so a bunch of us are going to go watch her students' holiday concert and then go out to dinner. That should be fun.
Old 12-13-2015, 05:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
It is a crazy week for us!

Ellie is going to the Christmas shop tomorrow morning at her school to buy presents for her brothers, her dad, and me. We also have 2 appointments tomorrow evening to see a couple of rental houses we may want to get. We have a fundraiser at a local restaurant Tuesday night for her school (if you bring a coupon with you, the school receives a percentage of the money you spend on your meal). My MIL's birthday is Wednesday. Thursday night is Cocoa with Santa at Ellie's school which I am supposed to send in candy canes or hot chocolate mix for & then take her to that evening, and Friday is Rudolph Day. It's also Spirit Week all week so she's supposed to wear different themed outfits every day. Next Friday night or Saturday afternoon is a Holy Walk (walking through 'Bethlehem') at a local(ish) high school.

We also need to fit in driving through one of the local neighborhoods to see the lights with my grandfather, moving if we find a suitable rental house, and getting my eyebrows done.

Aww! I loved it when my kids would shop at the Santa Shop. Those fun fun days
Old 12-13-2015, 05:26 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

It's mid term week for my oldest so he'll be studying to keep those good grades he's got right now. I'll be helping out at my youngest's school with their Peppermint Village little store for the kids to buy presents for their families that the PTC runs.

My oldest is also getting the first stage of his braces on on Wednesday. I guess I should stock up on soup and smoothie stuff.

I'm hoping this week goes smoothly.
Old 12-13-2015, 05:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post

My oldest is also getting the first stage of his braces on on Wednesday. I guess I should stock up on soup and smoothie stuff.
Mashed potatoes! That's my dd's post-ortho work fave She's had braces for a year.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Work. Work. more work. work. finishing christmas gifts. doctor appointments. work.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
In the lead up to Christmas I'm guessing I'm not the only one with a busy week ahead of me.

Kids have prizegiving on Tuesday, then finish school at 1pm for the year. They'll then be on summer break till 1st of Feb. I'll take the day off work to go to prizegiving tomorrow, but still have to work Wed/Thurs. Since I work at a kindy, the kids will come to work with me and help do the end of term pack up. They're excited about it actually. I also have a meeting to go to Tuesday afternoon, and Elisa's swimming is on Thursday afternoon. Friday we have the day off, and the neighbours kids are sleeping over. No plans for the weekend besides a church Christmas party on Saturday, and church on Sunday. I'm looking forward to finishing work too - like the kids, I don't have to start back again till Feb. Lots of scrapping time. Yay!

So what is everyone else doing this week?

I CANNOT imagine the excitement if the end of the school year and summer break coordinated with Christmas! That would be so much excitement in such a short time.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

The first half of this week is business as usual - work, school, Cubs, taekwondo, etc... but from Thursday my boys and I are on summer holidays for 6.5 weeks!!! I am SOOO looking forward to it. I have nothing much planned yet though.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Pretty normal week for us... it's the last week of all of Jake's lessons until after Christmas... plus hubby maybe traveling this week for business, so that just adds to the stress.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:50 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have to go with Jennifer - work, work and more work. One of my grandgirls had a chorus concert last week so I actually think this week will be quiet (as to having to go out of the house).

Inside the house I need to start wrapping all the Christmas gifts (9 grandkids with 2 presents each) plus 2 kids/spouses each and hubby.

I also need to get started on some layouts which I have not done but want to get done.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are going to Oklahoma City this week for a little Babymoon/ late birthday present trip. We have tickets to see the Thunder play and will eat yummy food and maybe go shopping. Good times!
Old 12-13-2015, 10:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

This is the kids' last week of school before the 2-week holiday break. Since I teach at a preschool that follows the same calendar, it's also my last week of work before the vacation. I can't wait! I'm working, helping at 2 of my kids' school holiday parties, and doing lots of shopping (gifts for my students, the teachers, and DD's 12/26 birthday). I've been so busy since a week or so before Thanksgiving that I've hardly scrapped at all I'm hoping this week I'll be able to start again. Definitely by the weekend I will be--I'm so looking forward to it!
Old 12-13-2015, 10:13 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Nothing special during weekday, just a lot of household chores to do and make sure the house is in order before my son and I leave to fly to Bali on Friday night for a month! YAY for escaping winter!
Old 12-13-2015, 10:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ooh, that sounds nice Sherly! Have fun!
Old 12-13-2015, 10:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjr@fuse.net View Post
Inside the house I need to start wrapping all the Christmas gifts (9 grandkids with 2 presents each) plus 2 kids/spouses each and hubby.
Yeah, I need to get onto the wrapping too. I don't even know if I have enough paper/ribbon.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My girls have final exams so this is going to be a crazy week!! Elyse's Chemistry teacher held a study group at Panera Bread and when I dropped her off it was PACKED. So many teenagers studying.

I can't believe how many of Elyse's teachers are holding off site study sessions. I had to remind her that her teacher's ARE NOT getting paid for this - so she needs to be sure and thank them!!
Old 12-13-2015, 11:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's last week of school for us too so it's busy! Lola has preschool, a preschool Christmas party, & a birthday party to go to. Rian has school, school Christmas party, & piano practice. Luckily, her school held a fundraiser & one of the rewards was no homework for a week...which is this week. She only needs to do her daily reading. Woohoo!

I just got a text saying my SIL is in the hospital being induced so we'll be adding a visit to them tomorrow or Tuesday to meet my new niece or nephew. We have a family party Saturday morning and we're watching my niece thursday afternoon for another party. I still need to go christmas shopping & take the girls to do their own picking out gifts for each other. Sunday is our church's christmas program but I'm doing sharing time with the primary-age kids & need to have their christmas gifts ready (all 100 of them...yikes!).

I know there are a few other things but it'll all get done somehow! So busy, busy, busy.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Just the usual really. I have today off as usual and I work Tuesday through Saturday. Cheyanne has school all week (she doesn't get out until the 23rd, which is a full day with a basketball game that night). I have a dentist appt today (exciting -NOT) and I'll be finishing my holiday cookie baking and batch cooking my meals for the week today. Cheyanne has a game Tuesday night so I'll be at the school working concessions during the JV girls game before watching her game after that. After I get paid on Thursday (end of year bonus check) I will finish up some last minute shopping. We're having our family Christmas with my parents, sisters, and their families on Sunday. I do have a memorial service to go to on Saturday - my first ever childhood friend and next door neighbor passed away suddenly and unexpectedly this weekend - our families have always been close and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it
Old 12-14-2015, 10:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post

this makes me twitchy just thinking about it!!!
Old 12-14-2015, 10:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm looking forward to my son's first band concert tomorrow night, he plays the tuba My kids get out Friday for the break, but we are leaving Thursday afternoon for Florida... And they don't know! We are surprising them with a trip to universal studios and a day at Magic Kingdom as their Xmas gift. I've kept this secret for so long - I'm so happy to finally let it out!
Old 12-14-2015, 01:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrijc View Post
I'm looking forward to my son's first band concert tomorrow night, he plays the tuba My kids get out Friday for the break, but we are leaving Thursday afternoon for Florida... And they don't know! We are surprising them with a trip to universal studios and a day at Magic Kingdom as their Xmas gift. I've kept this secret for so long - I'm so happy to finally let it out!
Ooh Jill, they're going to think you're the best parents in the world!

Marie, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Britanee, your week just sounds crazy busy! I'm on sharing time this month too.

Last edited by jacinda; 12-14-2015 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Crazy is the theme of this week

I've been on a day trip to finish my postgrad application (Monday). Tuesday I was at home but heard some sad news that my friends dad passed away so tried to figure out if I could get to the funeral on Friday - turns out I can't as the buses don't go near enough.
Today was lunch out with a friend, christmas shopping, sent a sympathy card to my friend as well as a birthday/christmas gift then Aqua Zumba.
Thursday - Not sure yet, might go and take advantage of a sale and get the last two gift certs. I may also finish setting up my new printer and apply for a job or two.
Friday is a seminar and lunch with some professional colleagues then possibly Aqua Zumba.
Saturday will be organizing the family life for a new way of operating. After over 550 days of unemployment, my mum has a new job starting next Tuesday with rotating shifts so its going to be a big change for us both.
Sunday is Aqua Zumba plus the end of year wind up for the class afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G318H using Tapatalk

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 12-16-2015, 03:35 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

We had a weekend of Christmas parties for my husband's work so much fun but exhausting. This week has been filled with baking Christmas goodies, working at the office, packing and getting ready for our drive to northern Idaho. We are leaving tonight to head up to my parent's log home in the mountains, I'm so excited. The snow has already started falling so hopefully we won't run into treacherous roads. We flew my boys up but are driving with the 3 year old. Hmmm I should've flown him up too probably. My husband told me he's excited to take a road trip so I've planned our route through the most scenic areas and booked our hotels and downloaded music and books on CD for the drive.
I still have to pack so much stuff though.....<sigh>
Old 12-17-2015, 05:22 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

It's supposed to be so hot in our part of the country (Australia) during the next few days so we have some quiet days planned. I'm hoping that I can convince my 4 year-old son to do some Christmas craft (who am I kidding? He wants to be a ninja!!) and occupy my twin 11 month old sons somehow.

We're travelling interstate to visit our inlaws over Christmas so are flying in 4 days - need to organise packing, and fast (things always take longer with kids around!).

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 12-17-2015, 05:41 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurian View Post
It's supposed to be so hot in our part of the country (Australia) during the next few days so we have some quiet days planned.
We're looking forward to getting the tail end of your hot weather early next week!
Old 12-17-2015, 09:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrijc View Post
My friend is a band director for one of our high schools and I went to her Christmas concert last night. Her band has increased over the years from 50 players to 75! (that's a lot for around here) Anyway, she had FIVE tuba players, lol! They were so loud, it was awesome.