Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Default photoshop experts help

I wanted to use this as my card but I need to resize it to 5.125 x 7.35. Is there any way of doing this ( even if its jus a little ) so it will fit better in Costco's blank template without cutting or distorting it ? Or maybe someone knows where they sell a square template for a Christmas card?? thanks so much!!
Old 12-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What I would do if you still have the layered file is use the stripey paper as the background, then shtrink the rest to fit at 5x5 ish and have a larger border on two sides of the stripe paper.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This maybe what Jennifer said, but just in case it's not, here is how I resize items with a different aspect ratios.

1. open your psd/tiff in Photoshop
2. resize your entire page to 5.125 x 5.125 (the elements will only ever be as large as the smallest side)
3. change your canvas size to 5.125 x 7.35 (make sure you do not have a "background layer")
4. resize your background paper (red stripe) maintaining the aspect ratio so that it completely covers your entire canvas (even though enlarging isn't always yield the best quality, the percent of enlargement on this is minimal, so it shouldn't be a big deal ... if it is, just open up the paper from the kit and downsize it)
5. resize your white background paper -- since there isn't a pattern, maintaining the aspect ratio probably won't affect the look of your card. Most places have a bleed space, so you may want to make this a little smaller so more of the red stripe is visible

Good luck!
Old 12-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

that was exactly what my half asleep brain was meaning, Sheri!
Old 12-09-2013, 12:35 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Oh my gosh you girls are devine! Thank you so much! Card ordering day is always so stressful to me. This year was the fastest though. Already printed out and sealed in less than 24 hours that's a first. Costco 6 x 7. yay!! Couldn't have done it with out your help. They look great! Thank you both so much! I have been wanting for years to scrap my own card. THis was the first year I found a blank card option that I could work with! So pleased!

Last edited by scrapapictur; 12-09-2013 at 12:37 AM.