Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-23-2020, 02:34 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm
Question What are your Favorite Free Photoshop Tools/Actions

Hi! I haven't done too much with my photos in Photoshop in a long time, but took some pictures recently that I'd like to add some spice too since it was a cloudy day but some beautiful fall scenery. I am curious if anyone has any tips on their favorite free Photoshop actions, styles, etc. for photo editing. I could create my own but honestly, I'm being lazy lol. I used to have a good collection but they are all dated so I'm trying to find something a bit newer. Even one that costs a little would be good if it is worth it. I like some of the filters on my phone but want something I can use like that in PS CC too. Thank you!
Old 10-23-2020, 02:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I like Pretty Presets but they aren't free but a few sets are cheaper and they have sales often. I find LR so much faster than editing in PS so often will apply a LR filter, tweak exposure/contrast and then it's ready to scrap with. I like applying a matte finish and/or b/w filter or tone overlay. You might find some good free ones but in my experience, I never found much for free that I liked. Good luck and hope you find something you like.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:18 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I didn't even know Lightroom had filters lol.
I guess I need to learn some more about Lightroom and how to use it. Up to this point, I've just used it for organizing and tagging photos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I like Pretty Presets but they aren't free but a few sets are cheaper and they have sales often. I find LR so much faster than editing in PS so often will apply a LR filter, tweak exposure/contrast and then it's ready to scrap with. I like applying a matte finish and/or b/w filter or tone overlay. You might find some good free ones but in my experience, I never found much for free that I liked. Good luck and hope you find something you like.
Old 10-23-2020, 04:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashersmommy View Post
I didn't even know Lightroom had filters lol.
I guess I need to learn some more about Lightroom and how to use it. Up to this point, I've just used it for organizing and tagging photos.
Sorry, I said filter but I meant to say profile/LUTS. In LR you now get an amount slider to adjust the profiles as desired. I have Matt Kloskowski profiles. I think there are some free ones out there, just google it.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:59 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Thank you! That helps!! I did use the Develop section and the sliders to edit my photos quickly. I'll probably further tweak them in PS, but that was a huge help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Sorry, I said filter but I meant to say profile/LUTS. In LR you now get an amount slider to adjust the profiles as desired. I have Matt Kloskowski profiles. I think there are some free ones out there, just google it.
Old 10-26-2020, 09:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use the Pioneer Woman's actions for editing photos:
https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/arch...ions-update-2/
Old 10-27-2020, 01:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
I use the Pioneer Woman's actions for editing photos:
https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/arch...ions-update-2/
I used Pioneer Woman for the longest time but then found a photographer I really love (Katie Lamb) and splurged with her actions.