Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2023, 05:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Shutterfly Customer Service

I put together and ordered a Shutterfly book 3 or 4 weeks ago when they had the 'free pages' promotion. I was disappointed when it arrived because there were 3 pages that were cut incorrectly and some of the journaling was cut off.

I chatted with customer service and had to send a few photos of the bad pages to them. After chatting with 2 different customer service associates, my account was credited and I also was given a $10 gift card. I assumed I'd have to wait until the next 'free page' promo to order it at the same price.

I made a few changes to the book to ensure NO journaling would be cut off and reordered it today - there were no promos available. The total was $203 and some change, when I went to check out, the entire balance I owed was ZERO. (with the promotions, the first one I ordered was less than $50!)

I'm seriously impressed!!

Last edited by JillW; 06-16-2023 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-16-2023, 05:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Wow! That is so awesome that they did that! I couldn't see myself paying the $203. Waiting for their sale is the way to go. Glad you didn't have to pay!

Old 06-16-2023, 05:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsashbaugh View Post
Wow! That is so awesome that they did that! I couldn't see myself paying the $203. Waiting for their sale is the way to go. Glad you didn't have to pay!
The book was only $48 when I ordered it with all of the promotions!!
Old 06-16-2023, 06:01 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

One of the first books I did had the pages cut so that a part of another page showed on it. I sent them photos and they said they'd reprint it for free. They said to keep the bad copy so I did. The 2nd copy that was good was given to the intended recipient.

It was easy to tell how they are printed and cut from it. They print all even numbered pages on one long strip and all odd numbered pages on one long strip. Then they cut. Evidently the cutter was off about 1/32nd of an inch. The bottom of page 1 was at the top of page 3, bottom of page 3 at the top of page 5 etc all throughout the book. That was also when I learned to keep journaling away from the edge of the page.

This was way back in 2013.
Old 06-16-2023, 06:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
The book was only $48 when I ordered it with all of the promotions!!
That is such a great deal!

Old 06-16-2023, 08:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

That is awesome! I had a couple of books printed a couple of years ago that had misprint the cover, but because I ordered them while I was overseas and didn't see them until I got home 6 months later, I didn't bother to complain. I was really disappointed, though.

I have had to call their CS before to get help when I was getting an error message that my full res layouts were low res, and they were incredibly helpful. Other than those two books, I've been pretty happy with my Shutterfly experiences.
Old 06-17-2023, 11:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had a similar experience with their customer service. I ordered a 100 (or whatever the max is) page book and it came with 1 page printed and all the rest was blank. I called customer service and they were going to credit me for all but the shipping. I pushed back on that, quadruple checked my book and reordered and the balance due was zero. I was very pleased with how they handled that!
Old 06-19-2023, 12:58 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Shutterflys customer service has always been amazing! I have had three different times they have really come through for me...
Once the cover of a Disney book was cut off way different than the software showed... reprint and got to keep the messed up one.
Once a book got lost in the mail, I waited a week after it was due before i called. They rushed a new one out to me and said if the first one shows up, just keep it. It did show up a week or so later, so I gave it away to a parent in my class.... the first one was for the school auction.
And one book was sorta my fault. I noticed the error, canceled my order immediately, fixed the book, reordered, but the messed up one showed up...twice.... Third one was correct.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 07-07-2023, 02:19 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Elevate your fashion game with the incredible range of 6666 carhartt jacket. Crafted with utmost precision and attention to detail, these jackets are a symbol of sophistication and modernity
Old 07-07-2023, 08:43 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm just about done with Shutterfly. Last year I had problem with all my pages appearing very dark in the book. They blamed me for it. I guesstimated the amount of lightening needed, and that book came back way overexposed. I called yet again, and that customer service person told me my pages looked fine when they looked at it from their end. They reprinted it; it was better, but that was it. I've had many issues with them cutting way beyond their bleed areas, with no rhyme or reason to the cuts. I'm looking for another printer.
Old 07-07-2023, 09:02 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Wow, that was a nice surprise! The last time I printed a book with them I was unhappy about how the pages were not cut evenly so the borders looked weird. They said it was my fault and did nothing to fix it, so I haven't done another book with them since.