Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default Siggy Help

I'm trying to get my siggy uploaded to my profile but I keep getting the message BBC Code IMG not allowed. I tried searching the forum for help but couldn't find an answer to what I'm doing wrong.

My siggy is hosted on Photbucket and I'm entering the [IMG][/IMG] code.

Anyone have any idea as to what is going on? I want it pretty! LOL
Old 03-18-2010, 11:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I could be wrong, but I think you need a certain amount of posts before you can post IMG codes. Maybe 15-20 as I remember it not working when I first joined.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Hi Tabby! Sorry I didn't get to this sooner.
Gemma is right though. We had to put some restrictions in place recently to protect everyone from spammers. Just keep chatting and soon enough you'll be able to post that pretty siggie
Old 03-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Okay, that's kinda what I was thinking it was. So sad we had spammers in our community. Seriously, people need to get a life.

Well I shall nose around a bit more and get my count up

Thanks!
Old 03-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

And just as a heads up, you gotta get so many before you can comment in the gallery too. I know I tried from the start
Old 07-02-2019, 03:39 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Oh wow, I was wondering why I could not get mine to work. This old thread helped!
Old 02-26-2021, 05:27 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

It would be great if there was a guideline of restrictions for newbies. Like youhave to make 15 post comments before you can upload a siggy for example. I've spent a few hours trying to figure it out.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky23ny View Post
It would be great if there was a guideline of restrictions for newbies. Like youhave to make 15 post comments before you can upload a siggy for example. I've spent a few hours trying to figure it out.
I'm so sorry you were having trouble finding what you need. In case you didn't find it all, this thread has Forum and Gallery Guidelines
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=91832

As well as it links to this thread, where you can stop in and say "hello"
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=71607

This is copy/paste from the first link about siggy guidelines
Signature Guidelines: Forum signatures are fun! Whether you love blinkies or clustered signatures with your name, feel free to express your creativity and love of your favorite designers through your forum signature! As long as your signature is not huge, there are currently no size limitations for signatures, and you may find these tutorials on creating and linking your signature helpful

Again I do apologize you struggled to find the information that you needed. If you have any questions, just make a post. Everyone here is always so helpful and friendly!! Welcome to Sweet Shoppe Designs!!
Old 02-27-2021, 04:34 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I'm so sorry you were having trouble finding what you need. In case you didn't find it all, this thread has Forum and Gallery Guidelines
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=91832

As well as it links to this thread, where you can stop in and say "hello"
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=71607

This is copy/paste from the first link about siggy guidelines
Signature Guidelines: Forum signatures are fun! Whether you love blinkies or clustered signatures with your name, feel free to express your creativity and love of your favorite designers through your forum signature! As long as your signature is not huge, there are currently no size limitations for signatures, and you may find these tutorials on creating and linking your signature helpful

Again I do apologize you struggled to find the information that you needed. If you have any questions, just make a post. Everyone here is always so helpful and friendly!! Welcome to Sweet Shoppe Designs!!
I think you might have misunderstood the issue, because the information asked about is not in those posts.

Those guidelines just say that new members have "limited posting rights", but doesn't say how they are limited, and the signature guidelines are not relevant when you are not yet allowed to make a signature at all, so this doesn't really answer the question. I also found this to be frustrating when I was a new member. I did not understand "limited posting rights" to mean, for example, that I could not edit my own posts, which made keeping track of my passport challenges very frustrating.

It also says to post in a particular thread so someone can upgrade your account, but it didn't seem to me that that did anything at all. I still had to make several forum posts to gain access to things

I agree with Vicky that more information about this would be very useful to new members.
Old 10-03-2021, 10:59 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

So far I have learned the hard way that I can't edit my posts. This thread is helpful for knowing why but I also agree with Vicky and Eve.
Old 10-03-2021, 11:18 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Sorry for the frustration girls! I'll try to get a new welcome thread posted ASAP with some more of those details, and I'll see if I can get a mod set up to help me with upgrading user permissions too! We never want you to feel frustrated with the experience around here, so thanks for the feedback! We'll try to get it resolved in the next few days <3