Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Thumbs up Weight Watchers weigh in week of 9/9 to 9/15

Yep, I suck!!! It is Thursday and I am just now getting this thread up. Well another week I refused to weigh in and sadly I have seriously fallen off the wagon. Need to get my head in the game again. I did start tracking today and I am determined to keep it up. I need to lose, I need to workout. Gah!! LOL!! Congrats to everyone on their losses last week. Welcome to all those joining us!! So glad to have more joining the party and adding to our support. Okay, let's see your numbers this week ladies.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

like i should be giving advice since i've fallen off the wagon LOOOONG ago lol but what if you start thinking of your days one at a time and try and make it through one day tracking and then the next day try and make it 2 more days of consecutive counting. maybe you just need to start with smaller goals to get back on the saddle?
Old 09-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

That is awesome advice Kristin, thank you.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Oh Mel, I'm sorry you're struggling right now. You've done SUCH an amazing job with your progress so far! You are an inspiration to me. I can't to say I've lost as much as you have!

I weigh in tomorrow, and I'm dreading it. I've been really good this week, and I've actually worked out every day since Sunday. BUT I'm on my period, and I always always always gain. So, I've just gotta try to stay positive and remember that next week will likely be better.

Jeff had his first weigh in on Sunday, and he lost like 6 lbs in that first week. I hate him a little. LOL
Old 09-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

My hubby is like that Libby...stop eating for a day, lose 10 pounds. Ugh! It's so much easier for men.

I weigh in tomorrow and while I've run a few times this week and am in my points range, I'm not super hopeful for a big number. If I can just lose the 1.2 I gained last week I'll be happy.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Ugh, I had gained a pound, but the next morning I had lost that pound and another half pound. I'm just excited because I did some fall shopping tonight and down another pant size woohoo!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was just down a pound this week. I was actually holding steady until after the weekend when I splurged a little. We went to the fair and out to eat with my IL's on Saturday, so I gave myself a little reign. I've been staying right at or a little under my points and not using my extras at all and I actually think it's hurting me. I've been trying to make sure I use all my points this week and I'm already down another pound.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Good job Lindsay & Heather!

Heather, I know what you mean. I have a tendency to eat under my calories, and really especially now with me exercising, I know I need to do better about eating more.

Question for you guys - Do you watch JUST your points (calories), or do you pay attention to things like sodium and sugar intake? I've been trying to monitor those. I do "ok" in both of those areas, but I do usually go over. It's hard to eat enough calories without going over in the other 2 fields (cause even when I eat super healthy - there are still sugars in the food... you know?)
Old 09-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I watch just the points, but closer to weigh-in day I try to limit the sodium intake.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I mostly just try to stay under my calories right now. When I was on Weight Watchers I found I had to eat my extra calories or else I didn't lose weight. Now that I'm counting calories though, I'm not sure how accurate the calories I burn when I go on the treadmill are, so I don't know if I'm netting the amount I should be. I don't think my scale moved much this week

Libby, that's awesome Jeff lost that much in one week!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:40 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I weighed in clear back on Monday and got a big fat 0. I thought I did pretty good last week - I stayed right on track with my points until Friday night and Saturday when I was hanging out with my siblings. I know I went over my points those days, but not seriously over. But, I also started my period this week, so perhaps my body was gearing up for that. Not sure. But, I'm just glad I didn't gain.

I've started walking with some other gals in the neighborhood. They don't walk as fast as I walk when I'm alone, but going with them keeps me more consistent in how often I go. So, I figure walking just a bit slower but doing it more times during the week is better than going at a faster pace, but only once or twice a week.

I'm officially down one more size now. Yay! I have NO clothes. Boo! I went to the thrift store today and picked up a few pairs of pants and two skirts - just something to get me through the next few months. Hopefully, I'll be down one more size before the end of the year, and I'll be closer to the point where I'll want to buy good clothes that will last longer.

Sounds like a lot of us have been struggling lately. Hang in there girls! And, congrats to those that are still going strong!!!

Old 09-13-2012, 07:49 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Congrats ladies on your losses. You all do keep me inspired. Just need a serious kick in the rear and I know my body is completely out of whack since my surgery and right now I am having a major flair up of what ever attacks my body a couple of times a year, (lots of burning pain in my joints and muscles and swelling really bad). Sadly the doctors haven't figured it out. Also the last few weeks my body has had MAJOR PMS symptoms that will not go away and I think that is contributing to my feeling like crud. I think the surgery threw my hormones for a loop and it is rebelling against me now.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post
Question for you guys - Do you watch JUST your points (calories), or do you pay attention to things like sodium and sugar intake? I've been trying to monitor those. I do "ok" in both of those areas, but I do usually go over. It's hard to eat enough calories without going over in the other 2 fields (cause even when I eat super healthy - there are still sugars in the food... you know?)
This is what I've been wondering too. I frequently get those "you're starving yourself" messages, but I generally eat three times a day plus get in a couple of snacks. I'm not hungry or feel like I'm deprived.@
Old 09-13-2012, 11:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just track points. That has worked for me in the past, so I'm sticking with it. In the past, I've done the "diet" foods too but this time around, I'm working on just eating my normal foods and watching my portions. I fall off the wagon pretty fast when I can't eat the same things my family is eating, so I'm hoping this will work better for me.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:57 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherKS View Post
I just track points. That has worked for me in the past, so I'm sticking with it. In the past, I've done the "diet" foods too but this time around, I'm working on just eating my normal foods and watching my portions. I fall off the wagon pretty fast when I can't eat the same things my family is eating, so I'm hoping this will work better for me.
That's what I've been doing too, and it has worked well for me. I knew I wouldn't be able to stick with something that took away regular foods that I love. Cooking for my family would be such a pain if I couldn't eat any of it, and eating out would be really, really hard to manage. I really haven't changed *what* I eat all that much. But, I have changed how much I eat. That part has changed a lot. I still eat ice cream and use my homemade Ranch salad dressing. Just not as much or as often as I used to.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:04 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I do the same thing...eating normal foods. I don't think I've eaten the first frozen "diet" meal yet this time around and it is definitely making it easier to see the lifelong span of staying healthy.

Weighed this morning and I lost -2.6. I am thrilled!! That makes a total of -38.2 lbs.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am pretty much at a stand-still right now and I don't know why. for the last few weeks I've been hovering around 212. I stepped on the scale today and it was .6 higher than last week (so it said 211.8), but I KNOW that isn't fat that I gained because my deficit is too great. I did NOT eat 1750 more calories than I burned! So I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm not tracking a gain in MFP because I know I didn't!

I eat the same things I normally did too, just way less. I actually don't find it that bad...not deprived at all!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:25 AM

profile gallery send pm

Congrats Tracy! That's awesome!

And hang in there Jennifer. Some weeks are just weird like that.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltarbox View Post
That's what I've been doing too, and it has worked well for me. I knew I wouldn't be able to stick with something that took away regular foods that I love. Cooking for my family would be such a pain if I couldn't eat any of it, and eating out would be really, really hard to manage. I really haven't changed *what* I eat all that much. But, I have changed how much I eat. That part has changed a lot. I still eat ice cream and use my homemade Ranch salad dressing. Just not as much or as often as I used to.
Yes! Moderation instead of deprivation. I definitely can't stick to something if I have to deprive myself of the things I love. A friend of mine is doing no-carb right now, and while it's working well for her and she's losing tons of weight, I know it's not for me. I'd get too tired of it too quickly and would end up packing it back on as soon as I started eating "normally" again.

I hate weeks like that, Jennifer. It makes it hard to stay on track. Keep at it and maybe it will all catch up next week and you'll come up with a big loss!
Old 09-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Well, blah. LOL I was prepared for a bad week on the scale, so it didn't come as a shock to see that I was up 0.2lbs this morning. I think, like I said yesterday, it's a combination of my period and the fact that I've worked out every day this week. I'm sure there's a LITTLE muscle mass in there somewhere. I've stayed under my calories each day, and I've been careful about sodium. So, I think it's just one of those weeks. Really hoping that next week is better.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherKS View Post
I'd get too tired of it too quickly and would end up packing it back on as soon as I started eating "normally" again.
That's exactly what will happen! I lost 35lbs in a few months in 2010 from going no carb (for medical reasons) and I gained it all back, plus some! As soon as she starts eating carbs again she'll start packing on the pounds. Going low or no carb is fine for short term loss, like to fit into a wedding dress or something, but it is NOT for the long haul! Unless she wants to stay no carb for the rest of her life.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yay! I weighed myself this morning and lost a pound! Down 7.8 now!

DH weighed himself and he lost 3.2 for a total of 9.8 so far!
Old 09-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Yay Jennifer!! So, like you, I decided to weigh today since Friday was sorta a bust for me. I was actually down a pound from last week for a total of 10.6 - Normally, I wouldn't record the mid-week weigh, but I honestly think this is more accurate than Friday's weight (which I didn't record).

Now to ignore the pan of brownies in the kitchen (we had company last night, and I indulged! LOL)
Old 09-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Woot Jennifer that is awesome!! Libby, congrats on your loss too!!