Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Anyone else have a toddler that hates shoes?

Claire is 20 months old and hates shoes. Libby always loved shoes and went to daycare, so she was used to wearing them. Claire hasn't had to wear shoes all that much. She'll wear her Robeez day and night, but if you put a real pair of shoes on her, she won't leave them on and she'll throw a fit till she figures out how to get them off. We have a wedding next weekend and I'm trying to figure out what to put on her feet.

Last edited by LibbysMommy; 07-29-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have the opposite problem, my kids wear shoes with PJs and just diapers. I wish I could help, Maybe a soft sole type of shoe?
Old 07-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Funny, I just put Robeez on my 10 mo DD's feet today - she's never really worn shoes (just socks in winter) and at first, she couldn't stand them, kept pulling them off.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Neither of my kids are crazy about shoes...well at least if they are on their feet. But I guess they kind of inherited that, because I don't really LOVE wearing shoes either.

However, it's a whole different ball game if you give them a pair of boots & they'll wear them anywhere with anything.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When my 2nd son was 3, we skipped a whole year of pre-school because he refused to put his shoes on the first day of school. (Yeah, that sounds drastic, but I had just had the twins and the thought of struggling with him every day was not pleasant - he went the next year, no harm done.) Now, that wasn't helpful, was it? LOL
Old 07-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Mine don't have issues with shoes, but I have been really particular about what shoes I put on 'em. We love See Kai Run shoes, as they are sturdy with a thicker sole than a robeez, but still SUPER soft and bendy. Good luck!

robin
Old 07-29-2010, 04:59 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Where I live, little girls wearing $300 church dresses are often barefooted. Barefooted flower girls are the norms. It is sorta a tradition here. At some private schools kids don't have to actually wear shoes until 3rd grade. I was told by a local that many, many years ago a local doctor did a study and advised young mothers to keep shoes off of a child’s feet until they were 8 years old. Many moms will keep their kids shoe free until they are at least 12 months. My daughter could not stand to not have shoes on her feet, my son on the other hand, could not stand to have shoes on. We just made him wear shoes when we went somewhere.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

my son was that way but it was because his feet were so wide. Once we got shoes which fit him really well he was ok with shoes

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 07-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

My son had some awesome Robeez that had a sole on them. Not sure how small they make them, but that could help. Oh, maybe have her choose her own shoes? My son gets really obsessed with a pair of shoes and only wants to wear those. Hence the reason we have a nice wedding family picture and he's wearing red crocs with his blue and peach outfit.

Last edited by lovely1m; 07-29-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

My daughter worked out how to take off socks and shoes (bobux, which I guess are like robeez) almost as soon as I put them on her about 9mo. If I was lucky she would wear her shoes to pre-school, but they would be off almost as soon as I could blink once she was inside. Not a problem here. she went to nursery/pre-school at 18mo. She still prefers to go bare foot, and I have to check that I have her shoes when we leave somewhere. They resided at preschool last w/e! She prefers to wear gummies/wellies if she has to put something on, and usually without socks. It is winter here now and I have no idea how she can walk about barefoot! It is very common for folks to go barefoot here both children and adults.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:25 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

My son is the same age! We're already seeing signs of the terrible two's around here. . . anyway, I'm not much help since he only wears shoes when we're running errands, but I have to say there isn't anything much cuter than a little girl all dressed up with bare feet. What if you got something like these? A little spendy for just one wear, but if you have anything else she can wear them to they might come in handy.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Will she wear flip flops? My daughter has the cutest white flip flops with a big flower on the top and rhinestones in the middle!!! They're VERY pretty and she wears them to church! I'm pretty picky about what I let them wear to church too GOOD LUCK!!!!

I couldn't get pants on Faith this morning before school!!! Ahhhhhhhh! I feel your pain.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:33 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

my kids aren't fans of shoes {they get that from me} and if we are home or in the car, they do not have shoes on! and Peyton loves to wear his cheap little walmart rain boots! I tell you the best thing I ever bought my kids were crocs...I know they are expensive but the 2 little ones ♥ them and know how to put them on so it kinda gives them some independence too...and they have LOTS of really cute Crocs for girls....so maybe that is an idea...good luck! but I say if it is nice weather wise and the wedding is outside without any chance of her getting stung by a bee, let her go barefoot with cute little painted toes

ETA: here are my nieces and my DD at my SIL's wedding last summer! they were barefooted ALL DAY

Last edited by nun69; 07-29-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry, I struggle with the opposite I have a daughter that loves all shoes and a son that wants to wear rain boots 24/7. :/ I too was thinking crocs???
Old 07-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

My kids hate shoes. Hate them. It's a struggle to get them to put shoes on, so lol, they never outgrew it. they are 14, 10, and 6!!!

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 07-29-2010, 09:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My kiddo wasn't a fan of socks or shoes when he was younger... now he will only wear shoes when we leave the house and I'm struggling cause he is flat footed and should really be wearing his ankle braces... but I loathe wearing shoes in the house, so if I don't do it... ugh, I really hate shoes.

ETA... okay, ironically, before I was married, I was soo into shoes... had 75+ pairs... even on my WEDDING DAY... I went and bought a new pair for the ceremony (won't go into me becoming bridezilla over the sales women who wouldn't sell them to me because my dress wasn't fitted for the shoes... whatever)... my best friend teased me in that when I'm stressed, I shoe shop... now that I'm a mama... I wear like 4 pairs.

Okay... totally off topic... sorry.

Last edited by MamaBee; 07-29-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My baby won't leave her shoes on anymore! She used to just play with them when they were on her feet, but now she pulls them off! Such a pain, I don't want to leave her barefoot in public, but I have to put her shoes (and socks) back on her 10x before leaving a store or restaurant!

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 07-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

anybody have a toddler who's mom hates shoes?

nah really I <3 buying shoes..just hate wearing them lol

I have a theory on rainboots..we went thru a stage where Ry ONLY wanted rainboots (and I know some other moms that had this same "problem") I think it's an independence thing. I know it was one of the only pair of "shoes" Ryleigh could put on so she wanted to wear them constantly.

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 07-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, Claire does like shoes...she loves everyone else's...once she gets hers on her feet is when she throws a fit, lol!! The novelty of it wears off VERY quickly for her!!

And off topic, I'm not much of a shoe wearer either...especially since I have wide feet and have a really hard time finding really cute shoes!!
Old 07-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
anybody have a toddler who's mom hates shoes?
nah really I <3 buying shoes..just hate wearing them lol
That's me! I hate wearing them, but like buying them. They never fit as well as my Nike's so I wear them every where. I can not wear heels unless you wanna see me faceplant. I'm hoping my kids won't be like me.