Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-13-2019, 11:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Facts: 09/13 Changes

1. Today is Friday 13th, are you superstitious? Change your routine at all today?
  2. Have you changed your hairstyle in the last year?
  3. Has your scrapping style changed over the last few yrs?
  4. If you could change your behaviour, break a habit, what would it be?
Old 09-13-2019, 11:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Today is Friday 13th, are you superstitious? Change your routine at all today?
I am not superstitious in a negative way but rather in a positive way. Fri 13th was the first date with my hubs. Then the 13th was when we got married a few yrs later. You never know about luck/superstition, so I'm buying a lottery ticket today

Have you changed your hairstyle in the last year?
I've gone shorter. It's so easy to manage now. A quick blow-dry and a bit of paste in it and I'm ready for the day. I love my asymmetrical short cut.

Has your scrapping style changed over the last few yrs?
I think I fill up the page more now, whether it be with elements or paper. I don't create as many pages with a lot of white space. I noticed that lately and just to switch things up, I am going to create more of them, just for a change. I like to mix things up.

If you could change your behaviour, break a habit, what would it be?
I am trying to break my habit of mindless snacking, grazing, throughout the day. I have gotten into the habit of grabbing a handful of almonds constantly thru the day and while they are healthy, I shouldn't be eating such a large volume of them. I just automatically open the pantry and grab some almost every time I go in the kitchen. I'm going to buy some celery and try snacking on those with a bit of homemade ranch dressing. I'm also going to try to get back to drinking more green tea during the day and not snacking so much.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:38 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Nope to #1, 2 & 3

One habit I would really like to change is to stop worrying. I am a worrywart and I come from a long line of worrywarts. It does me no good, and physically makes me ill. Gotta stop!!
Old 09-13-2019, 11:44 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

#1- nope
#2- nope... BUT I am going to in the next week or so. I'm ready for a shorter hair style. I've had some hormone related hair loss recently and I think it's just looking thin and nasty at its current length. I am kind of scared, because I worked hard to get my hair to this length (it's below my bra strap now) but I do want to try something new. Scary!
#3- My style has... it's changed from "must look perfect" to "get-er-done"
#4- I'm not a worrier, but I am a nail picker/biter. I have overcome it many times with that bitter nail polish, etc and I have to combat it again. As I get older they just don't recover as quickly. Right now they are too short for my liking and I need to chillax!!!

Old 09-13-2019, 12:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. Today is Friday 13th, are you superstitious? Change your routine at all today?
    Not at all! I'm not a big fan of horror movies so I don't care for the scary holidays!
    No- I think I need too.. ideas? I have super fine hair so I'm thinking I should cut it shorter, but I like it long... who knows...
  3. Has your scrapping style changed over the last few yrs?
    I think I definitely pay more attntion to my shadowing than I ever did in the past...
  4. If you could change your behaviour, break a habit, what would it be?
    Snacking- especially late evening after kids are in bed!
Old 09-13-2019, 01:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Today is Friday 13th, are you superstitious? Change your routine at all today? Nah...
Have you changed your hairstyle in the last year? I've recently gone a bit shorter than normal. You can kind of tell here...

Has your scrapping style changed over the last few yrs? yes and no. I still like to cluster but I also like to try out minimalism, too.
If you could change your behaviour, break a habit, what would it be? Popping my knuckles. It's a baaaad habit and a hard one to break.

Old 09-13-2019, 01:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Today is Friday 13th, are you superstitious? Change your routine at all today? No, not about Fri 13, at least...

Have you changed your hairstyle in the last year? Not really, but something changed in my hair and I love it! I have/had some curls!! But it doesn't "work" always. My hair is weird. lol

Has your scrapping style changed over the last few yrs? Nops. But I don't think I have a style, so maybe I didn't notice it. lol

If you could change your behaviour, break a habit, what would it be? Stop accepting people treating me bad.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:48 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I'm not superstitious - but with the full moon and the 13th yeah - hahaha today I am! But I'm not changing my routine any. It's my day off and I'm doing what I always do on Friday. Laundry, clean house, scrap and write!

Not really? Blond, straight and kinda boring. It's grown a lot...but that's about it.

It's changed in that...I'm doing it again. LOL. Other than that, I'm not using templates as much. Mostly because my computer hates them. So I'm just sort of throwing things on a page and seeing what happens! I've always enjoyed trying lots of styles. And I think I use color photos a lot more than I used to.

Stop over-thinking so much.

Proudly creating for Traci Reed Happy Creator for Studio Basic Designs
Creative Guest for Kristin Cronin-Barrow Feb-Mar

GALLERY | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
Old 09-13-2019, 04:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm really enjoying the answers to today's questions. It's so much fun to learn these random facts about everyone. I'm so glad you all enjoy answering!
Old 09-13-2019, 05:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
#1- nope
#2- nope... BUT I am going to in the next week or so. I'm ready for a shorter hair style. I've had some hormone related hair loss recently and I think it's just looking thin and nasty at its current length. I am kind of scared, because I worked hard to get my hair to this length (it's below my bra strap now) but I do want to try something new. Scary!
#3- My style has... it's changed from "must look perfect" to "get-er-done"
#4- I'm not a worrier, but I am a nail picker/biter. I have overcome it many times with that bitter nail polish, etc and I have to combat it again. As I get older they just don't recover as quickly. Right now they are too short for my liking and I need to chillax!!!

Don't be scared Brook. I took the plunge last September and haven't looked back yet. I'm loving the shorter cut and ease

Old 09-13-2019, 05:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Not really.

YES!! And I love it!

Definitely. I've gotten better at shadows, clusters, photo editing, etc.

I'm working on changing my eating habits currently. I tend to eat when I'm bored, so I'm trying to be more conscious of that.

Old 09-13-2019, 06:06 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Today is Friday 13th, are you superstitious? Change your routine at all today? Nope - Friday the 13th has always been a great day for me!

YES!! And I love it!

Oh yes. Being on the Gallery Standouts Blog team has widened my design perspective. I find myself trying new and different things constantly.

Not spend so much on scrapbook supplies ... that'll never happen!
www.gallerystandouts.com
Old 09-13-2019, 06:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Today is Friday 13th --- are you superstitious? Change your routine at all today?
Not even a little.

My hair is the longest it's been since I was a child. Until I get my PCOS/thyroid/adrenal glands under control, my hair continues to fall out on top so I haven't wanted to touch "the bottom" of it.

It has become simpler and template-heavy.

If you could change your behaviour/break a habit, what would it be?
Emotional eating for sure.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1, 2, 3 - nope!
4 - I am working to break the habit of unhealthy eating. It's an ongoing challenge. I'm also starting to increase my exercise now the weather is warming up.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Today is Friday 13th, are you superstitious? Change your routine at all today? Not in any way.
Have you changed your hairstyle in the last year? Yes! I had four inches cut off and layers added. I don't regret losing the length, but I wish I'd skipped the layers. I've only had my hair cut once all year; I ALWAYS have regret.
Has your scrapping style changed over the last few yrs? My scrapping style is basically Cindy's templates, so my style has only changed as hers has changed. : ) Sometimes I do try to simplify it a bit and use Page Maps for inspiration, but I always come back to Cindy because I love my layouts made with her templates so much.
If you could change your behaviour, break a habit, what would it be? I wish that I could be more disciplined. I want to exercise & read my Bible & get stuff done, just not as much as I want to sit & drink coffee & scroll on my phone.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Today is Friday 13th, are you superstitious? Change your routine at all today? I'm definitely not completely devoid of superstition. For example, I didn't want my youngest son born on the 13th. I was induced on the morning of the 12th and assured by my doctor that being my 3rd, he'd be born on the 12th. Fast forward to 10pm and no baby and not really dilated. I was told it wasn't going to happen. Well, it turns out he was literally delivering himself by 11:20pm. He was born at 11:29pm on the 12th. Crisis averted, lol.
Have you changed your hairstyle in the last year? Not intentionally. I lightened my hair about 1 ½ years ago and it's now all broken off ... so I have an unintentional bob which I'm super unhappy about. I was trying to grow my hair out, so I'm really mad the salon didn't counsel me that what they were doing could cause this result. I would never have done if I knew this was in the realm of possibility. Because I have such curly hair it takes FOREVER to get length.
Has your scrapping style changed over the last few yrs? I'm perpetually working on shadowing/lighting, but I think I've been pretty consistent in my overall style.
If you could change your behaviour, break a habit, what would it be? I would LOVE to be less irritable!!!!
Old 09-14-2019, 09:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Today is Friday 13th, are you superstitious? Change your routine at all today? Actually, I've always considered Friday the 13th to be a Lucky day. Nothing overly special happened yesterday, but nothing bad happened either so I'll take it as a win LOL
Have you changed your hairstyle in the last year? Nope. In fact, the last time I was ever at a salon was way back in 2012!
Has your scrapping style changed over the last few yrs? Definitely! I've definitely gotten more comfortable with clustering and using flowers (as a mom of 3 boys, that was actually something that took me a long time to get used to). I still could use some work when it comes to building larger clusters, but I have actually been very happy with my pages this past year as opposed to just feeling 'meh' about them previously.
If you could change your behaviour, break a habit, what would it be? Be more social. I love to be around people but never know how to interact so I typically stay away from social settings as much as possible. When it comes to interacting with people that is one area where what I want to do definitely doesn't not match what I do do if that makes any sense at all.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Today is Friday 13th, are you superstitious? Change your routine at all today? not really, maybe, just cautious?

Have you changed your hairstyle in the last year? I had a haircut once in a while but not the style, really.

Has your scrapping style changed over the last few yrs? I think so, I'm learning as the years go by, the way scrapbook styles change, I do too.

If you could change your behaviour, break a habit, what would it be? I wish to stay away from online shopping when I'm emotional. When I'm feeling upset or something, I tend to walk for hours, hot or cold, and when I'm still not feeling it, I would turn on the computer, tell myself to browse a little, and then bam.
Old 09-14-2019, 04:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm superstitious on a few things... like birthday candles - always a new candle as the wish was taking when it was lit the first time. But for Friday 13th, no, nothing changed.

I haven't changed my hairstyle in probably 5 years... haha But I do want to get an introverted bob.

I don't know... I don't think so... I'm still a cluster scrapper that loves a themed kit. If anything I do way less hybrid and more templates than in the past.

Procrastinating... like now, I should be cleaning house, but I'm loading layouts for new releases...
Old 09-16-2019, 08:42 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1.Today is Friday 13th, are you superstitious? Change your routine at all today?
nope. not really. No change.

I grew out my bangs... first time in 30 years I've not had bangs.

3. Has your scrapping style changed over the last few years?
Not too much, just little changes I think... more clustering and more messy splatters.

4. If you could change your behavior, break a habit, what would it be?
Wish I could learn to like exercise and eat even healthier than what I do.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 09-21-2019, 01:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Today is Friday 13th, are you superstitious? Change your routine at all today? 13 is my lucky number and I'm not superstitious at all. Friday the 13th was a great day, even with the full moon and a school of children.

Have you changed your hairstyle in the last year? Within the last year, yes. I cut it short this time last year. I've since let it grow back out, but because it is SO THICK I decided to go with an undercut in the back. I love it, it thins my hair out tremendously. My pony tail, when I wear it up, is half the size it used to be - and it is still as big around as a quarter. I cut my own hair and when I get sick of it I do something different. I'm trying to let it grow because my hubby loves long hair and mine hasn't been long in a while. I have a lot more curl lately than I did a year ago too. That comes and goes though, as it has my whole life.

Has your scrapping style changed over the last few yrs? No. I haven't scrapped much over the past few years so my style remains very much the same. I go for speed when I scrap. I use a lot of templates, etc.

If you could change your behaviour, break a habit, what would it be? I have been working on several habits lately. I'm doing a pretty good job. Biting my nails is something I plan to work on next. I've been eating better, working out, getting more sleep and overall taking better care of myself. I'm making progress!